Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112244 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1230 on: May 22, 2020, 04:48:51 am »

Oh shit, we've discovered a new ability, with this ability we could kill someone and take their place.

Lets just go to sleep until the train stops.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 22, 2020, 04:51:12 am »

Immediately inform Esme. Immediately.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 22, 2020, 04:57:56 am »

+1 As soon as she wakes up tell her "I'm a wizard now." then what we discovered.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 22, 2020, 06:53:48 am »

+1 After she wakes up, whisper to her what happened

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 22, 2020, 12:20:35 pm »

+1 After she wakes up, whisper to her what happened

+1

Would Esme's ability to copy and move knowledge around enable us to communicate with her covertly if she knew we needed to get something across? With our permission could she look at what's in the front of our mind, allowing us to silently tell her stuff and her to transfer her responses in reverse?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1235 on: May 22, 2020, 08:17:28 pm »

One thing to try would be to check if knowledge of a dead body is enough to telerot or if we need to have previously animated it.

The form of long range telerotation would be very useful both for aiding the resistance (deliver secret messages to wherever you want) and to infiltrate and escape (someone ambushed us? Search bodies to escape. Want to change appearance? Switch to a temp body.) however I assume the ring doesn't transfer with us, which means we won't be able to use it to draw blood for animating. We don't know if we can even animate things when we're in other bodies.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 22, 2020, 11:05:33 pm »

Oh Lord we are now the Heat Signature swapper.

Yeah, we could have a rat preserved in the Library and resistance sites, telerot in and scribble a message like our rats did with the documents, telerot back.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 23, 2020, 04:37:29 pm »

OR.

OR.

We could CLONE ourselves, keep copies of ourselves in a GODDAM BATHTUB OF PRESERVATIVES and SWAP INTO THAT SHIT in case of emergency.

Even though it doesn't quite match, the parallels are striking and also we could basically be the Dr. Doom of necromancers, keeping an endless supply of copies/bodies to keep our real consciousness safe.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 23, 2020, 09:26:35 pm »

Are you implying that's why we woke up in a bathtub of preservatives? Esme did note the situation was unusual. If she doesn't know this is part of the necro Talent, that could be why she thought it odd.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 09:30:07 pm by Eschar »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1239 on: May 24, 2020, 04:21:05 pm »

Maybe it's not a necro talent. Maybe it's a special ability of our peculiar state. It might have to do with anima. If we're just a puppet master made of anima, riding one of our own puppets and if anima allows information and entities to travel near instantly... Whatever the case, it's not a free transfer, given that we were drained of Mana, but it also wasn't a costly transfer, given that we weren't charged the full cost of animating a human. So imagine using this to jump into something huge, like a whale or a T-Rex. Or even a building, if we can use this ability to create golems. Unless there's something special about this body that allows it to be animated more easily.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 24, 2020, 04:26:37 pm »

We seem to only be able to travel to bodies we’ve animated, plus, right now we need to remain hidden, animating things larger than people would alert lots of people there’s a necromencer
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 04:28:40 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1241 on: May 24, 2020, 05:05:27 pm »

That we've only traveled to bodies we've previously animated doesn't mean we can only travel to bodies we've previously animated.

Also considering watchers are mostly focused on physical things and connections between things and people, this might be an effective way to insulate our prime body from disposable ones, by making sure we find random corpses that have little to do with us, immediately jumping into one and then moving as far away from the main body as we can. Could even do something like create a chain of corpses. Start with a rat, then find a dead bird, then find a dead dog, then kill a rabbit, etc. If it's hard to control them ourselves, we could order them to behave naturally and just ride them.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 24, 2020, 06:07:46 pm »

Good ideas, I still feel like we should tell Esme about the ability we have first before switching bodies

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 25, 2020, 01:09:13 am »

A couple of thoughts occur. Nothing actionable on the train right now, but maybe something to do next time we're free for some armor penetration testing experimentation:
  • Phantoms probably have to have some way to sense Anima since they live in it, perhaps it gives them a similar sensory capabilities to a necromancer? If so, a suitably large Phantom (perhaps Mr Krabs, now or with a little more phantom mass) could be stationed to keep an eye on Piecewise while we sleep, see if he's been backdoored or something. Also maybe get access to delicious delicious GM notes.
  • The fact that the rats can see even when blindfolded is kinda interesting. I'm wondering how far an obstruction has to be be from other before it can sense things. Maybe it senses things via Anima somehow? It could be a useful lead for us since maybe it'll lead to us figuring out some extrasensory capabilities. Something like being able to sense Anima wells without having to see the source itself could be very useful.
  • Have we tried to making Piecewise pull at Anima and see if we can practice necromancy via proxy?
  • Have we tried sucking Anima out of something after wounding it? The whole "pump Anima into something til it bursts" sounds fine and all but the bigger threats are people who use Mana and if Anima and Mana are similar things... then we might be actually just be refilling them, so I'd rather we see if we we can't figure out a good way to drain things instead. We know it's probably possible in theory though in a much more controlled environment to extract Souls, but we don't need something that precisely, just tear out the resources or even scramble them if need be.
  • We should probably look into how to get an artificial heartbeat and body heat. We were lucky that previous inspection was through gloves. If it weren't for them things could be problematic and since we now have know our face can attract attention, it's likely there will be more inspections in future.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1244 on: May 25, 2020, 08:38:44 am »

Those are all good ideas. We haven't tried any of that, as far as I remember. We made some failed experimenting with trying to take memories from something living, but that's about it.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 94