Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 111695 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1320 on: June 16, 2020, 03:04:30 pm »

Apologize for being inconsiderate. Protecting Esme is more important than rescuing someone we don't know.

New plan: We'll just kill Jenifer and some other people to make our killings look random and then absorb their memories, making it look like we're praying for our victims while we absorb their memories. That way we have to share no information with her and thus there's minimal chances of any investigation leading back to us or even revealing what we're after. Once we're out of ammo we cut our wrists to make it look like we committed suicide and jump to an animal we have prepared beforehand, hide for a couple of days and then jump back to Esme's library. The small delay hopefully helping us evade pursuit just in case they manage to track us anyway.

Of course, that's assuming she'll be easy to get to. If she's in isolation/high security/whatever we might have to come up with another plan. We can decide once we have the guard's memories.

As for what we're looking for in her memories, it's these things:
*Who Kelly was as a person. We might have some of his memories, but we aren't sure. We're only certain we have fragments of Esme's memories and even those fragments might be romanticized by nostalgia. Having the full perspective of someone who worked with him and interacted with him more might help us figure out what kind of person he was and if the fragments of memory we have are real or just Esme's memories we confused for our own.
*What she did for Kelly. What Kelly was interested in. What he was researching and why. What happened to him. Why did the government go after him and his associates.
*Did Kelly kill all those people at the research facility? Was the large number of deaths the thing that attracted those huge entities and made it so that even normal people could see them? What sort of experiment was that?  What was its purpose?
*The projects the government is currently researching. What are they? What is their goal? How do they relate to Kelly's previous work?
*Does she know of the location of anyone else who was working with her? Does she know of the location of any research facility, equipment we or the resistance could use or other people/items of interest?
*Does she have any dirt on the government's leaders? Something that the resistance would find useful like plans or locations of facilities?
*Has she talked to anyone else? Has she given the information we have to anyone else? Has she been approached by the government/the resistance/other organizations?
*Does she know of any really powerful government agents or mercenaries? Who did the government send after Kelly? What was their magical ability, if any? What method did they use to attack/trap him? It's highly likely they'll be coming after us when the time comes, so we best prepare for them.
*General information about necromancy. Maybe they know of some property or ability necromancers or undead have we don't know of.

Of course, we can go through her memories more thoroughly when we have more time. Hopefully she'll be useful. But with our luck she might have brain damage or lost her memories with age or she'll simply be some insignificant assistant that got caught up in all this and doesn't really know that much.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 16, 2020, 03:24:15 pm »

Counterproposal: give her a note which explains that we're dead and can swap bodies, and if she knows how this is accomplished we'd be willing to help her perform the procedure on herself, otherwise we have to kill her sorry :(
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 16, 2020, 04:00:37 pm »

Counterproposal: give her a note which explains that we're dead and can swap bodies, and if she knows how this is accomplished we'd be willing to help her perform the procedure on herself, otherwise we have to kill her sorry :(

This sounds legit.

Hey ykno what? Maybe we're overthinking this. Use a rat to drop her a note that says we're part of the resistance and looking for information. Give zero other information. Ask all the questions we need if she responds positively. Promise that if we achieve our goals we will either arrange her escape or release at a later date.

If she's not going to help us, we can either A) Leave her where she is B) Absorb her memories.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 16, 2020, 04:03:55 pm »

Yeah, I suppose that we could just guarantee her release some time after we Destroy The Government. That way we're not lying about our ability to free her or doing a murder.

Side benefit: if she doesn't die or escape, the enemy would have no reason to magically investigate, which would almost certainly show them that a rat or other animal was passing notes with the high priority prisoner. Which would in turn tell them that they're dealing with a hard-to-trace Talent who can control or possess animals somehow. It's probably better for us if they don't know that anything happened, and keep the extent of our power unknown.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 04:08:22 pm by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 16, 2020, 05:34:35 pm »

Yeah. Zero trace or risk at the start. If she demonstrates further usefulness, we can reassess killing and absorbing or whatever else.

Frankly if she cooperates we can just pass notes. no need to risk killing her or interacting with her in any other way.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 17, 2020, 05:23:25 am »

I say we get a rat and shove a piece of glass, a x-acto knife, or something like that into it, then take over that rat and sneak into the prison, slit her throat, and eat her memories.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 17, 2020, 06:04:43 am »

Regardless of what the plan is, we should apologize to Esme

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 17, 2020, 06:16:31 am »

+1 Yeah we should probably do that.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 17, 2020, 11:43:11 am »

+1.
Our very existence is probably difficult on her, let's not fray our relationship with basically our one ally.

Remind me again, can we possess just any old dead body? If so, could we just wait until an insect or rat in/near Jennifer's cell dies, and inhabit it?

Of course, we need to figure out where her cell is first.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 17, 2020, 12:11:07 pm »

I mean, a mysteriously murdered prisoner who is in a super high security prison specifically because of her ultra-dangerous secrets would probably raise suspicion too.

Wonder if they can tell that her memories are gone?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 18, 2020, 03:39:20 am »

I though the sky fish eat the memories when people die.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1331 on: June 18, 2020, 11:01:07 am »

+1.
Our very existence is probably difficult on her, let's not fray our relationship with basically our one ally.

Remind me again, can we possess just any old dead body? If so, could we just wait until an insect or rat in/near Jennifer's cell dies, and inhabit it?

Of course, we need to figure out where her cell is first.
(This is the only upvoted action)

You apologize to Esme for bringing up the prison break again.

"Its fine." She says, waving one hand as though shooing the idea away like a fly. "I understand the desire, believe me.  I want to know whats going on here too. And she's not the only one we'd like to get out of their prisons.  Honestly if you could figure out a way to do it it would be amazing...a miracle. They'd definitely believe in you after that."

She's quiet a moment.

"Anyway.  Have you figured out what you're gonna ask?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 18, 2020, 01:41:24 pm »

Let’s ask her about projects Puzzle, Mortar, and Sinker
Maybe she has more information about them then the papers we grabbled

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 18, 2020, 04:55:34 pm »

This sounds legit.

Hey ykno what? Maybe we're overthinking this. Use a rat to drop her a note that says we're part of the resistance and looking for information. Give zero other information. Ask all the questions we need if she responds positively. Promise that if we achieve our goals we will either arrange her escape or release at a later date.

If she's not going to help us, we can either A) Leave her where she is B) Absorb her memories.
This one.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 18, 2020, 05:08:05 pm »

This sounds legit.

This one.

+1
Don't give any unneeded info, especially info on our unique abilities. Out greatest asset is the fact than no one knows to be on the lookout for us/someone with our abilities. We can always send a second note/eat her if we think that she has info about us specifically.
Also, have an undead rat deliver the note. If she's a necromancer, she should notice that.
Also also, consider if we might be able to get a copy of the intake procedures once we are in the guard's body. I doubt we'll ever be able to sneak her out, but maybe we can figure how they trace escaped prisoners with these + the guard's memories.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:12:26 pm by Olith McHuman »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 94