Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 70629 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2019, 09:10:11 am »

It's been a while since I was last on this server. I was trying to set up a ranch of sorts, but I think all of the animals either wandered off or despawned or both.

Might come back on and try to build it up, animals or no.
If that was the colored sheep in first hearth, wild wolves jumped in and killed them all.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2019, 10:14:13 am »

It's been a while since I was last on this server. I was trying to set up a ranch of sorts, but I think all of the animals either wandered off or despawned or both.

If that was the colored sheep in first hearth, wild wolves jumped in and killed them all.
Hahahahahaha....
Oh wait, I shouldn't laugh at that.
*Muffled laughter*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jejune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2019, 04:50:46 pm »

Made two maps of Porthsmouth and the area west of her across the ocean.I didn't expect the landmass southwest on the portsmouth/First Hearth map to connect with the rest of the continent up by PlayerDeer's village. It was fun wandering around and finding all of the buildings scattered all over the place. I ended up stopping for the night in a small house that someone built over a ravine. I hope they don't mind that I put a bed down inside whoever they are.

I left you a cake and a map, Sackhead :) You have built a very nice inn! I think Portsmouth needs a road connection still . . . maybe we can make it go past your inn?
FDB, I found your lighthouse and took a look around and noticed that your upper floor was all dirt blocks. An enderman had dropped a grass block for me when I was fighting it hiding in the Max port (under the waterfall) so I put it down for you. Only, I lagged out and insead of going down by the tree it went down inside the lighthouse. . . I hope you can make it work!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 04:53:56 pm by Jejune »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2019, 09:00:42 pm »

all of you with your grade A builds and meanwhile all i have is like one kinda shit building and roads

Glad things are progressing good everywhere else tho. Motivation for me to speed up my stuff :P

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2019, 10:09:20 pm »

Server seems to be down.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2019, 04:59:51 am »

Drat, I just finished my roof. Was looking forward to adding the magma.

Edit: ceiling is probably a better word.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2019, 08:57:32 am »

As an aside question for when the server gets back up, is it possible to load Zombie Villagers onto a boat? I'm thinking night time coastal searches, then bring it back by boat.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jejune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2019, 09:43:58 am »

all of you with your grade A builds and meanwhile all i have is like one kinda shit building and roads

Glad things are progressing good everywhere else tho. Motivation for me to speed up my stuff :P
Oh I found your stuff when I wandered off into the wilderness a few days ago. I stayed in your house overnight because I'd run out of food and arrows and had only 3 hearts (and stole some gravel, sorry!). Saw your sign saying when you started building on the 9th, it's cool to see you are still around.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2019, 10:31:03 am »

I was thinking this downtime would be a good opportunity to update the server. However, the wiki says the new 1.14.4 is not compatible with 1.14.3 servers, but I can't find any additional info. There's no source cited, and I'm not sure if skipping 1.14.3 might avoid the issue. Best to wait for more info.
Edit: Disregard the above. It refers to client-server compatibility, not updating the server. Now would be a good time to update to at least 1.14.3.

As an aside question for when the server gets back up, is it possible to load Zombie Villagers onto a boat? I'm thinking night time coastal searches, then bring it back by boat.
Pretty sure you can, but I'm not sure how you're supposed to move the boat.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 06:19:32 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2019, 11:01:03 am »

Thanks I'll putt a chest up front for excess wool and such that anyone can take from once iv got production going.

And anyones welcome to use the spawnner for whatever they want

Thanks! I sadly don't have the resources or the animals to properly cultivate animals, and the closest place I know that has sheep is sound of Portsmouth, which is a bit of a trek for only a couple of wool. I will have a barrel added to the Heorot port for you! is there any thing you would want in return for the wool?

Finished exploring X-axis +/- 10,000. There are some polar bears on icebergs at 2446 62 -210. There are some closer icebergs at -1100 64 -100, but I didn't get close enough to check for polar bears. There's a huge badlands at 10000 64 0.

There's a mushroom field peninsula bordering a forest at 5480 67 -3500, which could be good for obtaining mycelium using endermen. There's a mushroom island at -7300 62 -50. Two mushroom biomes and not a single jungle. :(

Wow you have been doing a bucnh of exploring! have you been mapping them out too or just running around?
if you want polar bear then head south, I started mapping that area and it is full of a tundra/glacier biome where large ice masses are with polar bears!

That really sucks that you haven't found a jumble biome, but I have a weird feeling it is gonna be in the Z directions.

The more the merrier! I love seeing other people creation and seeing architecture and design!

Made two maps of Porthsmouth and the area west of her across the ocean.I didn't expect the landmass southwest on the portsmouth/First Hearth map to connect with the rest of the continent up by PlayerDeer's village. It was fun wandering around and finding all of the buildings scattered all over the place. I ended up stopping for the night in a small house that someone built over a ravine. I hope they don't mind that I put a bed down inside whoever they are.

I left you a cake and a map, Sackhead :) You have built a very nice inn! I think Portsmouth needs a road connection still . . . maybe we can make it go past your inn?
FDB, I found your lighthouse and took a look around and noticed that your upper floor was all dirt blocks. An enderman had dropped a grass block for me when I was fighting it hiding in the Max port (under the waterfall) so I put it down for you. Only, I lagged out and insead of going down by the tree it went down inside the lighthouse. . . I hope you can make it work!

what level Zoome did you use? I am curious because I am using level 4 zoom, and level 0 are a bit too close up to be really useful in the long run.
Also YOU ARE BLESSED, I have been passively trying to gain Exp so I could make a silk touch shovel to get grass, but now you have given me one, I just have to try and seduce it in to spreading to the other dirt blocks. I thought the grass would grow back on it own but after doing some research I learned I needed a already grassed dirt block to be able to do it, which was unfortunate, so thanks again!

And you found the secret port, I thought I did a good job at hiding that one! what tipped you off there was stuff behind the waterfall?

Trust me, while what i did was a high grade on scale, it pales in comparison to others works, people are far better at making good looking building that are still functional while I start with functionality and don't get further then that.

I was thinking this downtime would be a good opportunity to update the server. However, the wiki says the new 1.14.4 is not compatible with 1.14.3 servers, but I can't find any additional info. There's no source cited, and I'm not sure if skipping 1.14.3 might avoid the issue. Best to wait for more info.

Pretty sure you can, but I'm not sure how you're supposed to move the boat.

what exactly would change if they did update it? i am not sure the amount of differences between the version we are currently using and that version.
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2019, 11:04:12 am »

Something I think you'll like, FDB: Baby Zombies can ride pandas.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2019, 11:20:31 am »

Thanks for that. It will be nice to have a better idea of wear stuff is

Thanks I'll putt a chest up front for excess wool and such that anyone can take from once iv got production going.

And anyones welcome to use the spawnner for whatever they want

Thanks! I sadly don't have the resources or the animals to properly cultivate animals, and the closest place I know that has sheep is sound of Portsmouth, which is a bit of a trek for only a couple of wool. I will have a barrel added to the Heorot port for you! is there any thing you would want in return for the wool?
Nothing in particular but if you come across any black or green dyes  they would be great for colour coding my rooms

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2019, 01:09:20 pm »

Wow you have been doing a bucnh of exploring! have you been mapping them out too or just running around?
if you want polar bear then head south, I started mapping that area and it is full of a tundra/glacier biome where large ice masses are with polar bears!

That really sucks that you haven't found a jumble biome, but I have a weird feeling it is gonna be in the Z directions.
Haven't been mapping. I already checked the Z-axis: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174048.msg8000004#msg8000004

Note that it's not a thorough search. The area I've covered looks like a + over a ◊. There might be a jungle hiding somewhere in the 10,000 block radius.

what exactly would change if they did update it? i am not sure the amount of differences between the version we are currently using and that version.
1.14.3 has Optifine support, which some Bay12'ers said they can't play without.

The lighting bug where torches go dark resulting monsters spawning was fixed. Hostile mobs and despawning in front of you. Wandering traders not spawning, trader llamas not despawning. Beds causing you to wake up inside a wall or on the other side. Illager patrols are changed to longer spawn in areas lit by torches.

Some people are saying random villager despawning still hasn't been fixed, though.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 01:11:44 pm by Bumber »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2019, 04:05:02 pm »

Oh I found your stuff when I wandered off into the wilderness a few days ago. I stayed in your house overnight because I'd run out of food and arrows and had only 3 hearts (and stole some gravel, sorry!). Saw your sign saying when you started building on the 9th, it's cool to see you are still around.

Well thanks, yeah. Don't worry about the gravel, not really in dire need of it atm :P

I really just need to take a weekend and work on finishing some stuff instead of the half built stuff I got atm.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2019, 07:22:04 pm »

Every time I go to log into this server to try it out its offline
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33