A or B

A
- 0 (0%)
B
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 15, 2019, 03:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Lousy Gods  (Read 27624 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lousy Gods
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2019, 07:57:32 pm »

New Aspect: Knowledge
Give the felines the gift of intelligence and steel hides, highly resistant to attacks

((OOC:You guys should consider yourselves lucky, my original idea was to create a race of sapient beings composed entirely of various metals, including the magic ones I tried to create))

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2019, 08:26:57 pm »

@Glass I was just going to say the slaves were treated poorly, but I decided to roll and see how well they were treated, and got a 6 of all things, so I just went with it.

@pikachu I'm sorry the space flowers are not realistic enough.

I gave these things earth names because the only named beings so far are humans and dogs, and I didn't really care to put in the effort.

As for the canine/feral dog thing, there used to be a seperate species of canines, but the canines went extinct due to poor rolls on their part (somehow skipped mentioning their demise in that in the update, oops), while the domestic dogs overshot multiple times.

@all If you want to give things new names/descriptions, go for it! I'm open to making things more fantasy-esk.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2019, 08:49:20 pm »

How about we give the planet a name: Maybe something like Escaraviel

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2019, 09:22:13 pm »

How about we give the planet a name: Maybe something like Escaraviel

Which planet? The first one, the water one, the one without a flower, one of the two planets in the binary flower system? You are right, we should probably name them, I’m guessing Escarviel is for the planet we interacted with the most so far

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2019, 07:40:23 am »

Game is going on a temporary hiatus over the weekend, and will be back Monday!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2019, 08:17:10 am »

Name: Burt
Color: Orange
Aspect: Animals, Chaos

Good news everyone! I've figured out how to how to make everyone happy with the planet we created, I shall bombard it with radiation....                    NO WAIT, that would be bad for people's health I'll need to think of something else now, something like deer.

Create a race of humanoid deer, they shall be violent and angry, and able to eat plants and meat.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2019, 03:54:39 pm »

Name: Burt
Color: Orange
Aspect: Animals, Chaos

Good news everyone! I've figured out how to how to make everyone happy with the planet we created, I shall bombard it with radiation....                    NO WAIT, that would be bad for people's health I'll need to think of something else now, something like deer.

Create a race of humanoid deer, they shall be violent and angry, and able to eat plants and meat.
._.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2019, 04:27:25 pm »

I predict quite a few genocides what with all the random sapients running around

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2019, 05:05:44 am »

We’re fucking this up. This is what it looks like to fuck everything up.
Remind the Humans about the whole agriculture thing. Whether or not they get the hint, teach them the secrets of making dairy products such as Kefir, yoghurt, cheese, cream, etc. Try and get them onto the track of farming, oreferably without gping so far as to force them. Just give them hints until they figure out which one makes them mlre food.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2019, 10:15:31 am »

Teach kanga agriculture

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2019, 03:58:23 pm »

I'm still not sure if we're supposed to be working together or competing? What do you guys think about this?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2019, 04:22:43 pm »

I think we are supposed to work together, to keep the universe from falling apart

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2019, 04:59:35 pm »

that does make more sense yeah

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2019, 07:43:25 pm »

The idea behind this game is that you try to keep the world going for as long as you can, knowing that it is eventually going to go to shit due to purposeful/accidental god mistakes. Then it's just a clean slate and we start over (though your gods can stay, and you can change your aspect again)

Somehow you guys haven't done anything too terrible (despite creating black holes), so this first universe is going a bit longer than anticipated...may have to alter how stability works on the next universe.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:44:17 am by Wozzy »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2019, 07:50:28 am »

Reprogram the metal sphere to also drop metal to the kangas as well

Give the kangas the ability to understand and talk to the undead

Add some seaweed like plants to the thornbush water planet

After tinkering with the metal sphere, it begins to move towards the kangas, but stops halfway there. It starts dropping metal in a deserted area, allowing both groups access to it, with neither having an advantage. [Minor Success]

You attempt to teach the kangas how to communicate with the undead, but it falls on deaf ears. [Fail]

Tapping into your new aspect, you cause seaweed to sprout from the roots of the rosebush planet. The fish appreciate this, as do the roses, and you feel inspired for your next action. [Unexpected Boon, Inspiration]

Create species of flowers made of "precious gems"(Ruby, diamonds, etc) and only exist in the islands water/rosebush planet
Your gemstone flowers sprout on the scattered islands. No mortals witness this, but they are definitely your magnum opus, as they are absolutely perfect. [Unexpected Boon, Inspiration]

Have undead build black ziggurat just right outside the border of green fog , necromancy, curses and balefire knowledge should be engraved on the walls.
Order undead not to attack living sentient creatures, unless provoked, send out dreams to kanga tribe inviting those willing to learn into temple

The undead get to work on building your great ziggurat. It takes them a while, but finally, the shadowy building from your imagination stands tall outside your realm. [Success]
When the undead hear you want them to stand down, they become infuriated. They have been building your horde while you were asleep, and now you wake up, make them build a palace, and tell them to change their way of life? They break from your control and head off to attack all those nearby. You are too busy trying to reclaim control of them to insert yourself into the kanga tribe's dreams. [Catastrophic Failure]
I give each of the sapient species a weapon whose blade cuts through anything.
An ax for humans.
A bladed knuckle duster for kangaroos.
If undead are made relatively docile by the god above me, they get a sickle.
If I forgot a sapient species, they get a dagger.
If a species has more than one civilization, each civilization gets a weapon of their species type.
The ax forge for the humans [Failure] and the knuckle duster for the kangas [failure] break apart as you complete them, but the dagger [Unexpected Boon] is a true masterpiece. You manage to replicate one for all the civilizations (even the human and kanga tribes), with intricate handles that are unique to each group. They are highly revered, and given to the leaders.

Anyway, subtly instigate societal reform that will cause people to be less willing to simply "put down" disabled slaves, and instead to find ways in which they can continue to serve (behind the scenes, perhaps).
Your recent venture into politics has made you suave with your words. Injured slaves are sold off at a bargain price to work behind the scenes, and while the jobs may be more dangerous or dirty, it is better than the alternative. [Success]
Create a race of beings of light, powerful and immortal. And send them to the undead lands, so that they may purge it...Unless the other god fixes the whole evil business. If he doesn't, have fun kids!
The first 'immortal' beings come to life, made of pure light. They immediately descend upon the invading horde. It seems for once, this destructive behavior may have actually helped the world (though your first instinct was less than helpful). [Minor Success]

New Aspect: Knowledge
Give the felines the gift of intelligence and steel hides, highly resistant to attacks
Not quite on the level of human intelligence yet, the felines become not only the smartest hunters now, but also the hardest to kill. It is only a matter of time before the scale completely tips and bad things happen in this ecosystem. [Minor Success]
This mad science experiment is flawless. Your herd of omnivorous and angry deer take over a chunk of the forest, in close proximity of the metal egg deposit. They already seem to have the same technology level as the kangas. You shudder in anticipation of what chaos will come from this. [Unexpected Boon, Advantage]
We’re fucking this up. This is what it looks like to fuck everything up.
Remind the Humans about the whole agriculture thing. Whether or not they get the hint, teach them the secrets of making dairy products such as Kefir, yoghurt, cheese, cream, etc. Try and get them onto the track of farming, oreferably without gping so far as to force them. Just give them hints until they figure out which one makes them mlre food.
The humans never abandoned farming, but the new ventures into fermented bovine milk is delightful! They experiment with dairy products, as well as better farming techniques, and eventually become more efficient. [Success]
Teach kanga agriculture
The kanga already farm the highly efficient corn, but you inspire them to bring more of the foragers within the walls of the city to farm.

The Dead vs the Undying
Not expecting the undead horde to be on the offensive as soon as they came to life, the beings of light were immediately surrounded. Their immortality would have helped with this fight, but it seems that they are only tough to kill. The immortals successfully cut a way through and retreat to high ground, out of reach of the horde, but are now surrounded. The mindless horde stands there, apparently forgetting that they were supposed to invade.
[Stalemate, Advantage Undead]

New Mechanics
In an effort to make my job easier as a lazy GM, multiple actions from the same player will have an increased chance of getting cut off. Your first action will always occur, and each action after that is slightly more likely to end your turn.

Stability: 65%
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:59:17 am by Wozzy »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26