Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 23430 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2020, 06:07:36 pm »

Go out to the forest and continue looking for a fox
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:32:19 am by Naturegirl1999 »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2020, 06:08:19 pm »

take a look through the application i got from the 19 people, try to find someone who i can under pay but is very qualified for the job

keep an eye on the lab rats for further interesting events

increase the mutation chance for the Darius virus
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2020, 06:09:08 pm »

Let’s finish up the SSD/RAM project, but once that’s complete, let’s pivot over to developing more effective designs for various parts and mechanisms. There’s probably ways to get the same effects with less materials, or a better effect with the same amount.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 06:21:02 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2020, 09:16:06 am »

"It is time to make more creatures!"
Lets take the werewolf DNA from last time and alter it to have increased intelligence and decrease the height to around that of the average human.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2020, 04:29:21 pm »

Do some research on what methods tend to work best for unlocking the psionic potential of a person, as well as what techniques unlock telepath's and telekinetic's abilities respectively.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2020, 11:32:44 pm »

Quote from: sprinkled chariot
Attempt to fill in gaps in protein x dna code, which imply that it is not just weird alien dna, but sentient lifeform of high intellect capable of rapid controlled evolution   
[1]Protein X has no DNA code.

Quote from: Naturegirl1999
Go out to the forest and continue looking for a fox
[2]You still don't find a fox. Though you find a wolf which proceeds to steal your meat.

Quote from: darkwarlock3
take a look through the application i got from the 19 people, try to find someone who i can under pay but is very qualified for the job

keep an eye on the lab rats for further interesting events

increase the mutation chance for the Darius virus
[4 (virus)reroll:6]You proceed to hire the most qualified person(it will cost you 1 credit a turn). The rats have all developed increased strength, and have 4 have died to fighting, tho none have portrayed cannibalistic traits(eg fighting to kill and eat) they have eaten the dead, rats are after all cannibalistic by nature when pushed. The strength mutation chance increased by 20%, now 39% chance.

Quote from: Glass
Let’s finish up the SSD/RAM project, but once that’s complete, let’s pivot over to developing more effective designs for various parts and mechanisms. There’s probably ways to get the same effects with less materials, or a better effect with the same amount.
[4 (precog)reroll: 2]You finish up the SSD/RAM project and increase SSD size by 8TB and RAM size by 8GB, Thoth has recommended looking into CPU cores if you want to branch out into other areas of computer science.

Quote from: King Zultan
"It is time to make more creatures!"
Lets take the werewolf DNA from last time and alter it to have increased intelligence and decrease the height to around that of the average human.
[2 (genetics)reroll: 4]You increase the intelligence to average and limit there size to 1.5X the average human(size of current werewolves).

Quote from: Dustan Hache
Do some research on what methods tend to work best for unlocking the psionic potential of a person, as well as what techniques unlock telepath's and telekinetic's abilities respectively.
[4 (psychics)reroll: 6 (precog reroll irreverent)]Your research has revealed that there is no 'best way' for unlocking the psionic potential of a person. Tho for the techniques are different: telepaths can be trained by having potentials think at others and the telekinetics can be trained by having potentials think at objects.

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Protein-X 2.0 Users: 149(87 rejecting(turning next turn)[{previous 1 eliminated by the military})
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 12/384(Thoth gives 8, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 155(117 telepaths; 25 telekinetics; and 13 telepaths/telekinetics); 13 teachers(130 new psychics every 2 turns)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:52:25 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2020, 12:52:16 am »

First off, let's get this better RAM patented.
Second, when I was talking about "parts and mechanisms", I meant for non-computing stuff - better radio antennae, air circulation systems, resistors, etc. But oh well.
Third, sure, let's do some research into making better CPU cores.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2020, 03:49:22 am »

Patent the new strain of werewolf DNA, and continue to work on the DNA to further increase the intelligence, then try to teach the werewolves more words.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2020, 06:30:57 am »

awaken alien intellect of protein-x via SCIENCE 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 02:24:37 pm by sprinkled chariot »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2020, 09:12:09 am »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2020, 01:00:02 pm »

Redo previous action on awakening alien intellect of protrin x, it is impossible for protein x  not to have  dna, because its literally  invasive alien dna
(A protein is not dna, dna can create proteins via ribosomes, but dna is not a protein)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2020, 10:45:11 pm »

increase the cannibalism chance of the Darius virus

manipulate the Darius virus so it can infect different species

release 2 of the female rats into the outside world

have my assistant start working on a virus to counter the Darius virus
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2020, 07:17:31 am »

Continue recruiting teachers from the current pool of trained psychics. At least 10 from each field except precognition.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2020, 07:26:12 am »

”If you were to morph a wolf, perhaps it’s increased senses would help us find a fox. I will morph a bear to help find a fox. When I am done Morphing, get on my back”
Morph into a bear and wait for the mayor to get on my back, then figure out if I can smell a fox or a wolf. If I can, follow the scent, if I can’t, walk in the direction I saw the wolf run

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2020, 08:30:30 pm »

Quote from: Glass
First off, let's get this better RAM patented.
Second, when I was talking about "parts and mechanisms", I meant for non-computing stuff - better radio antennae, air circulation systems, resistors, etc. But oh well.
Third, sure, let's do some research into making better CPU cores.

[3 (precog)reroll: 5]You patent 176GB RAM sticks and immediately get offers from tech companies for it. You begin researching improved CPU cores(38/128 progress), the AIs help by adding their progress for the turn(50/128 progress).

Quote from: King Zultan
Patent the new strain of werewolf DNA, and continue to work on the DNA to further increase the intelligence, then try to teach the werewolves more words.
[6]You patent the new strain, further increase the intellect to above average, and teach the werewolves more words(9/10 to normal speech) .

Quote from: sprinkled chariot
awaken alien intellect of protein-x via SCIENCE 
[3]You awaken something just not sure what(zombies have a mystery bonus). Your zombies left, they seemed really aggressive.

Quote from: darkwarlock3
increase the cannibalism chance of the Darius virus

manipulate the Darius virus so it can infect different species

release 2 of the female rats into the outside world

have my assistant start working on a virus to counter the Darius virus
[1 (virus)reroll: 4]You increase the cannibalism chance of the Darius virus by 11%. You make sure it can infect different species and yes it does. You release 2 of the female rats into the world, the question is did you catch the virus, no your good. You have your assistant begin working on an anti-virus for the Darius virus(why you did not work on this before releasing the rats is anyone's guess)(anti-virus progress: 5/600)

Quote from: Dustan Hache
Continue recruiting teachers from the current pool of trained psychics. At least 10 from each field except precognition.
[4 (psychic)reroll: 5 (precog)reroll: 7]You go overboard and hire 24 telepaths/telekinetics for teachers.

Quote from: Naturegirl1999
”If you were to morph a wolf, perhaps it’s increased senses would help us find a fox. I will morph a bear to help find a fox. When I am done Morphing, get on my back”
Morph into a bear and wait for the mayor to get on my back, then figure out if I can smell a fox or a wolf. If I can, follow the scent, if I can’t, walk in the direction I saw the wolf run
[4]You morph successfully and the mayor reluctantly gets on your back. Unfortunately you haven't mastered the bears sense of smell yet so you just walk in the direction the wolf went.(I guess I never said the mayor wasn't with you so she came along I suppose)

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Protein-X 2.0 Users: 129(75 rejecting(turning next turn)[{previous 87 eliminated by the military})
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 12/384(Thoth gives 8, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 285(123 telepaths; 86 telekinetics; and 76 telepaths/telekinetics); 37 teachers(370 new psychics every 2 turns)
Darius Virus: 2 rats(female)
Zombies: 2

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

Stick a fork in me this took tooo long.
Glass AI progress was changed.
Also the zombies have gotten loose(from Arnold's lab; the army is keeping theirs in check).
Also, Also the Darius Virus has been loosed.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19