Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 23348 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2020, 12:35:14 pm »

Try to awaken alien mind of protein x in zombies and convince it not to be so hostile

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2020, 12:47:59 pm »

Morph back into human and let’s make wya back to the town

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2020, 07:30:21 am »

"I guess I'm not gonna be working with the military, because that deal is shit."
Go to a pawn shop and buy a handgun, spare mags, and some ammo, then see if the new werewolves are salvageable and fix them, if their dead start over.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2020, 03:10:51 pm »

keep working on the cure

have assistants help with the work on the cure

create a way to release those inside the contaminant room to the outside without going through the lab

manipulate the Darius virus so when infected eats meat they mutate to become faster and better at finding prey
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2020, 03:35:01 pm »

Ok, so we don’t need to focus on the Darius Virus (for now... it’s certainly still suspicious). Let’s try to figure out what we can about the zombies and what causes them, both for tactics to prevent them from spreading and for more information on how to cure them, or at least immunize people.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2020, 09:41:05 pm »

Continue research into mind control, occasionally doing field testing from a safe distance on some zombies. If I can corral them into areas where they will not be a threat, i'll call this a success.

Also, have my assistants/teachers look into the possibility of genetics influencing psionic potential. The idea of gene therapy as a means to boost psionic power seems likely, given that dogs are psionically sensitive. Perhaps there is a link between the breeding practices and their psionic development?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:45:23 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2020, 02:58:31 am »

Try to awaken alien mind of protein x in zombies and convince it not to be so hostile
[5 (zombie)reroll: 6]Congratulations, the zombies will no longer go aggressive unless attacked or startled. Beware of wandering groups(only 5% spread of zombies).

Morph back into human and let’s make wya back to the town
[3]You finish morphing and walk away, 5 feet.

"I guess I'm not gonna be working with the military, because that deal is shit."
Go to a pawn shop and buy a handgun, spare mags, and some ammo, then see if the new werewolves are salvageable and fix them, if their dead start over.
[3]You have to pass a background check before you can by the handgun. They are salvageable and you get them both into the positives(28/100 and 59/100) .

keep working on the cure

have assistants help with the work on the cure

create a way to release those inside the contaminant room to the outside without going through the lab

manipulate the Darius virus so when infected eats meat they mutate to become faster and better at finding prey
[6]94 more progress done towards the anti-virus. You made sure the outside exit to the containment room works. You make the Darius virus mutate infected when they eat to have enhanced senses. Darius virus gains mutation(enhanced senses): 16%(chance someone with the virus will get this(enhanced senses) mutation)

Ok, so we don’t need to focus on the Darius Virus (for now... it’s certainly still suspicious). Let’s try to figure out what we can about the zombies and what causes them, both for tactics to prevent them from spreading and for more information on how to cure them, or at least immunize people.
[2 (precog)reroll: 4]Everything you discovered becomes irrelevant in the end(see sprinkled chariot turn).

Continue research into mind control, occasionally doing field testing from a safe distance on some zombies. If I can corral them into areas where they will not be a threat, i'll call this a success.

Also, have my assistants/teachers look into the possibility of genetics influencing psionic potential. The idea of gene therapy as a means to boost psionic power seems likely, given that dogs are psionically sensitive. Perhaps there is a link between the breeding practices and their psionic development?

[2 (psychic )reroll: 7 (precog reroll irrelevant]You finish the mind control and are able to control up to 100 people at a distance of 1km.  There is a possibility of gene therapy to boost psionic potential, though the current gene therapy practices are not sufficient.

Quote from: news
The zombies from the zombie virus are now passive-aggressive.
Quote from: events
p-a zombies: zombies will no longer go aggressive unless attacked or startled(only 5% spread of zombies)

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 24/384(Thoth gives 8, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 655(307 telepaths; 169 telekinetics; and 180 telepaths/telekinetics); 37 teachers(370 new psychics every 2 turns)
Darius Virus: 21 humans(contained)
Zombies: 77

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)

So much stuff.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2020, 07:33:46 am »

I'll worry about getting a gun later, for now I'll go buy a flare gun and some flares for it sense you don't need a permit for one, then use some growth hormones on the new werewolves to get them to grow faster.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2020, 08:14:34 am »

Check on the mayor to see if she’s alright, if she is, ask her to concentrate on a fox to morph into one, if not, get her to the town hospital for help
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 05:33:46 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2020, 04:58:32 pm »

Try to train zombies in doing various primitive jobs

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2020, 05:43:07 pm »

begin corralling the zombies into a quarantine using mind control. Also, look in to the reason why it has longer range than typical telepathy.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2020, 05:54:13 pm »

do some more work for the cure

have assistants do some test on infected patients to better understand the changes happening to them

remove more negative effects from DA-2

gather enough hazmat suits so all assistants and me can have one on while we work

manipulate the Darius virus so it can use air as a way to spread the infection
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2020, 08:48:00 pm »

Well, those diseases may not be directly problematic anymore, but that doesn't mean we can't still use the fact that we were doing medical research. After all, patents on those sorts of things are worth a lot. Thoth (er, the Thoths?) should work on developing cures or treatments for various illnesses; while a cure for something previously incurable would be wonderful, as would being able to treat something previously untreatable, if all we can do is make something that's more effective, or more reliable, or what-have-you, that's still worth something.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2020, 04:33:25 pm »

I'll worry about getting a gun later, for now I'll go buy a flare gun and some flares for it sense you don't need a permit for one, then use some growth hormones on the new werewolves to get them to grow faster.
[roll:5]You buy a flare gun and flares. The growth hormones boost the werewolf DNA meat(36/100, 75/100).

Check on the mayor to see if she’s alright, if she is, ask her to concentrate on a fox to morph into one, if not, get her to the town hospital for help

[roll:5-1=4]The mayor morphs just fine and the 2 of you barely keep ahead of the wolves and foxes.

Try to train zombies in doing various primitive jobs
[roll:2 (zombie)reroll:3]The zombies can now do . . . nothing new.

begin corralling the zombies into a quarantine using mind control. Also, look in to the reason why it has longer range than typical telepathy.
[roll:4+1=5 (psychic)reroll:6+1=7 (precog reroll irrelevant)]All the zombies have been corralled and the PMC has eliminated them all. The reason mind control has a longer range is because it is not 2-way communication, just an implantation of a command.

do some more work for the cure

have assistants do some test on infected patients to better understand the changes happening to them

remove more negative effects from DA-2

gather enough hazmat suits so all assistants and me can have one on while we work

manipulate the Darius virus so it can use air as a way to spread the infection
[roll:1 (virus)reroll:4]87 progress made toward the cure. The assistants find no changes to the patients. cannibalism dropped by 11% in the DA-2 virus. Hazmat suits are gotten for all. The Darius virus can now spread using air more effectively(infectivity multiplies by 7).

Well, those diseases may not be directly problematic anymore, but that doesn't mean we can't still use the fact that we were doing medical research. After all, patents on those sorts of things are worth a lot. Thoth (er, the Thoths?) should work on developing cures or treatments for various illnesses; while a cure for something previously incurable would be wonderful, as would being able to treat something previously untreatable, if all we can do is make something that's more effective, or more reliable, or what-have-you, that's still worth something.
[roll:2+1=3 (precog)reroll:3+1=4]You start doing random medical research, 92 medical research points(can be used to study anything in the medical field).

Quote from: news
The zombies have been eliminated.
Quote from: events
all zombie events over

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 24/384(Thoth gives 8, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 1025(658 telepaths; 187 telekinetics; and 180 telepaths/telekinetics); 37 teachers(370 new psychics every 2 turns)
Darius Virus: 21 humans(contained)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)

Wow if I just buckle down the update only takes about an hour.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2020, 04:50:02 pm »

Launch investigations into the source of the diseases with the help of that PMC, as well as any other available contacts that might be able to assist.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19