Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 39172 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2019, 03:32:45 am »

While you're waiting, please enjoy this Warped! Soundtrack playlist.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2019, 06:41:13 pm »

Glad to see that the game is beginning!
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2019, 07:03:47 pm »

Me too

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2019, 07:05:44 pm »

Yep, not long now! I have arrived back in civilisation and will update sometime Sunday, in next 16 hours or so.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2019, 11:06:51 am »

Thetford Forest Junk Heap (Encounter)
Travel to [Watton] for [Help Tas escape the Church - Part 1]
Sandra rolls out, her many limbs scuttling across the earth. She pushes down down the hill and through the wilderness. Deer graze in a clearing beside a babbling brook. As she travels deeper through Thetford forest. There in the forest she rolls along next to the brook until she reaches a spot where the water flow diverts around a large heap of old world trash. Refrigerator units, washing machine drums, old bits of rotting chipboard. In among this trash, she spies an unopened 4-pack of WD-40, a useful lubricant. The way onwards to Watton lies north.

Dereham Outskirts
P4-Nth-err would start off in the direction of the GML Rollcall at Fakenham, Thinking something big might be about to go down if they’re trying to get a census of their membership.
P4-Nth-err sets off from his secluded den. There are a series of roads that head north-north-east that are mostly clear of the overgrowth that fills all the old fields here, gradually returning the agricultural lands to woodland. His mechanically enhanced paws skitter across the grass-clogged tarmac. It's not long before he knows he's in the region of Dereham: he can see a blimp floating off a few miles away, which must be Terraterror's. He pads to stop in front of a series of trees roughly cut and laid across the road, blocking the way.

Three women climb on top of the trees. Almost human looking, their clothes are in tatters and there is a hungry look in their eyes. One, dressed in a faded army uniform wielding a bloodstained plank of wood. The second woman is the most striking, with a long crocodile head brimming with sharp teeth. The last, is a young woman in a faded school uniform with a long prehensile tail. At the end of the tail she is carrying a bird cage with a magpie in, which she sets down on the logs. The two more obviously mutated women bicker in Japanese for a moment, the only word P4 can make out is 'Shinzo'.

And then, without further warning, the tailed woman reveals a hand of razor claws, and all three of the mutants charge at P4.

Paradise Solutions, Norwich
Travel to the university to work on the research quest.
With cunning and luck, Sandeep sneaks into Norfolk and manages to avoid anyone spotting him. These long months, Sandeep has explored the length and breadth of the ruins of Norwich and made enemies out of everyone in the process. So much ugliness and senseless violence. He puts that out of his mind. He has business to see to. A little way past the concrete jungle of the University of East Anglia, trudging through the muddy river overspill, Sandeep comes to a research park. From a faded sitemap, he comes to an office building whose sign proclaims it as Paradise Solutions.

The building itself is a squat tower of glass and steel. The glass is grimy from the weather but intact, with wide windows on every floor. The doors into the office building are all closed and locked. Sandeep considers how to get in and what he should look for once inside...

Conspiratorial Container, Deep in the Broads
Travel deep in the broads for Tortle capture.
Auze walks for hours, trudging through mud and walking along longs laid out through the swamp lands, looking for Tortles. He climbs up a small rise where once the railway ran, all now overgrown. On the side of the tracks, alone, is a single railway container. Opening the handle, inside someone once clearly once dwelled here, but it is so dusty it seems unlikely that anyone has been here for some years. Inside, pasted on the walls, are dozens of yellowing newspaper clippings and printouts with stories relating to robotics, going back to the mid 2020s. Lengths of string connect the stories, criss-crossing the container. On the ground is a simple bedroll. There's a stack of plates and cutlery. On one side is a hefty sack of industrial grade diamond dust.

In the trees outside, Auze hears the tell-tale call of the Tortles.

The Fox, Cromer Road
Let’s joint up with the Walt Caravan Guard. I need to go south anyway if I want to get to Ipswich and ask about jamming; may as well be doing something productive on the way there.
Darrin sits up on a caravan. It's a simple cart pulled by two bicycles on the front. Two of the new sign ups to Walt labs take the wheels while Darrin guards the cargo in the back. They make good time travelling the main road. One of the signups, a kid called Murray, points ahead. I think I can see a cyberbeast he whispers, bringing the bike to a stop.

The old main road turns into a ford across a small but swift river, beside an old inn whose sign still shows a prancing fox. Wading through the river, is a stag. It's antlers are ringed with razorwire and spikes line its metal-banded form. Unlike many of the cyberbeasts, this ones head is completely encased in a metal armour.

Penny, the other signup, says quietly, "I don't think it's seen us... we could turn and take a detour?"

"There's no other way across this river for miles and miles," says Murray.

Road, northeast of Spooner Row
Travel to [Watton] for [He May Be Coming Soon - Part 1 - Hit Like an Atom Bomb]
Isaac strolls out of his hideout in Bungay. He hitches a lift with one of the mutants there who was travelling to Norwich. They drop him off by the entrance to an overgrown path through the wilderness which leads in the direction of Watton. After over two hours of hacking his way through the clogged road, Isaac emerges out on another main road. He sees a car drive towards him from the direction of the city. Fearing Land Pirates, Isaac considers whether to duck away, but they've spotted him on the long clear road and drive up quick. He sees them clearly now: an open-topped jeep with fresh black and blue paint: the Postwick Mob. The car slides up, and a man in a sharp suit and dark glasses leans out and shouts, "Hey! You! What's your name?" There's another suited man at the wheel, while a woman in a grey blouse leans out the back of the jeep, nursing a what appears to be a jury-rigged flamethrower.

Blimp near Dereham
Head towards (with the assistance of shadow stepping) to [Fakhenham] for [Rollcall]
Jägermörder makes his way over to the GML roll call. Something is bound to be going down. He slips through the shadows, becoming flat and zipping at immense speed across the land. Suddenly, as he passes into a large shadow over the growing woodlands, Jägermörder finds himself restabilising. Coming back into form, he is in what appears to be in the cavernous insides of a blimp's balloon!

A light scaffolding holds the shape of the blimp, but he can't tell whose blimp it might be, how far up he is or where it's heading. There are pipes for pumping in the helium. There's a service hatch to an airlock on the far side of the balloon, but it would be a challenge to walk across.

Road to Bungay
Theodore and Timmy shall head for Bungay. Might as well knock out two birds with one stone, since the mechanic should be nearby after talking to the Londoners. If they're looking for Viktor, he should hopefully have some information to trade.

Might as well start with Quest 3: Find a cure for the Hunger.

Timmy and Theodore start walking south. On the road to Bungay it starts sleeting heavily as they get closer. Over hours of walking, the ground becomes slippery underfoot. The pair come to the top of a long hill, the road winding on down south. Timmy slips on the ice, and begins falling forward. With his immensely bouncy form, Theodore knows Timmy will just keep bouncy uncontrollably down the hill...

Bus Hideout
Get ready, check my gear and see if I can rouse any of my fellow pirates for action,
[Ben rolled 1+1+0empathy+1pirates=3]
Ben packs his bags and sets them aside ready to go. He then tries to rouse his fellow pirates to join him, but no one can be bothered to make the long trek south for it. One of them, his younger sister Jen, is particularly keen to avoid him. Disappointed, Ben grabs his stuff and sets off. He's a good half day's walk along the way before he sees someone's taken his food rations from his bag. Someone in ambush is bound to have some grub, but until then Ben's stomach grumbles.

Ben gains condition: hungry.

Scole
then either way set off on a cautious trek towards Dedham Vale to join up with the camp there and participate in the planned Church Ambush.
Towards the end of the first day of walking, it starts sleeting heavily. Looking for somewhere dry to sleep, Ben finds an old village hall which is mostly still intact. A nearby riverbank looks close to overflowing with the heavy rainfall. Along the main road, he hears the rev of an engine. It will soon be too dark to travel any further.

Ben is considering his next move when he sees a large teddy bear clinging to a tree overhanging the river. Against all expectation, the soft toy waves at the young man. "Help me!" it cries with a high sing-song voice.

Lost in a Blizzard
It is time to embark on an epic quest to obtain the parts to build a warhammer by travailing to Empire Forge in Laxfield.
Burt and Rovin head in the direction of Laxfield. It soon begins sleeting heavily. Rovin says to go on without him, as he waits under a grimy bus shelter: he's highly adverse to getting wet. There's little persuading him when he's in a mood like this, so Burt continues on, Within an hour, he is lost, all around it's thick with trees. The road seems to have disappeared, and all visibility is lost in the endless downpour. He comes to a fork, he could go in among some elm trees, or hack his way through a tangled patch of brambles.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2019, 11:27:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take the WD-40 and head north

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Watton
Take the WD-40 and head north
Sandra puts the lubricant bottles into a compartment and she rolls on north. With an hour or so, she rumbles along the road into Watton.

Watton is a neutral town. Its old buildings have been extended with scrap from miles and miles around to create a walled town where everything is covered over and broken up into dozens of individual dwellings, shops and small factories. Workshops clang day and night as workers (some of them human!) patch up the various cyberbeasts and robot shells that come here. Drones zip about constantly. No one pays much attention to Sandra.

Here the law is kept by a series of unaligned uploxed work for kudos hear in meatspace which they can spend back in Nexus. No one is allowed to fight, and all manner of service can be bought here. In the immediate vicinity, there's a chopshop where animal bits are being fused with machine parts; a squat drone with a television for a body; and nervous looking human man who is polishing a large brass sphere. But where is Killazilla?

Sandra gains x4 Wd40 cans

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
[Quietly] "I'll try to handle this. Get ready to either fight or run if it gets close, though."
Start with some keratin spikes to its legs, and blast it with a sonic boom if it gets to close. Once (if) it's disabled, start opening it up with my blowtorch thumb - and try to remove and toss away the self-destruct system before it can activate.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:44:11 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2019, 12:36:53 pm »

Ask the drone “Do you know anything about Killazilla?”

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Issac responds. "My name is Issac".

You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Cromer Road
[Darrin rolled 5+1+2weird=8]
[Darrin rolled 1+5+2weird=8]
[Darrin rolled 6+1+2weird-1winded=8]
Darrin swings off the edge of cart and jogs to the edge of the ford. Once in range he shoots out a barrage of keratin spikes from his fist. The spikes land and as the cyberstag staggers out of the water it is clearly being slowed by the shards deep in it's muscles. Getting too close for comfort, Darrin takes a deep breath and bellows. The stag's legs buckle under it as it charges and falling over itself, its whole body slams into Darrin

Winded, he tries to act fast to burst it open with his blowtorch. He drives is burning thumb straight into the neck region where experience tells him the destructive device might be. Through the sinews and wire clusters, he grasps the destruction matrix and yanks it. At that point the stag rears up in it's feet pushing Darrin to the ground. Without any further looking back it leaps off into the overgrowth and flees to the west.

"That was weird," says Murray. " They don't normally retreat."

"It could be a trick?" says Penny.

"Or they could be learning."

The pair cycle the cart towards the river and slowly work it across and there is no further sign of the stag.

"Onwards south?" asks Murray.

Darrin gains a destruction matrix (damaged).

Watton
Ask the drone “Do you know anything about Killazilla?”
[Sandra rolled 5+1+1empathy=7]
Sandra addresses the drone. A voxelated animated face appears on its television body. A bright green imp animation, with a wicked grin. It starts speaking through its speakers.

"Do I know Killazilla? Why, Killazilla is my most bestest friend. The name is Glitterbox and you will be pleased you ran into me. Now for a very small price I'm sure I can set up a meeting with my esteemed friend, ole K Z. So... whaddayagot?"

Road near Spooner Row
The man in the passenger seat of the jeep makes a big show of checking a long list.

"I don't see your name here. Looks like you've yet to pay your taxes. It's hard work keeping New Anglia safe, and we need every citizen and traveller to do their bit. That's a nice suit jacket and waistcoat you've got. That'd be fine payment."

"We'll give you a receipt, all formal like," the woman with the flamethrower says.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

P4 knew his morph’s strengths and weaknesses. His bite could easily crush any of them to death if he managed to get their head or their neck. his biggest concern was the crocodile headded mutant, who not only could match him in that respect, but also had a far larger mouth to do so with.

P4 acts defensively, focusing on staying out of reach against the tailed and the club-wielding mutants, and looks for a opening to claw and bite at the croc-headded one.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 02:01:20 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
"I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking to get repairs or something. I can't imagine those bodies are cheap. And I doubt they're happy I removed the destruction matrix - it means if we killed it, we could actually analyze how it's made. Too bad they got away.
Yeah, let's continue southwards. After all, we've got a delivery to make."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 02:00:59 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Finding this particular scenario somewhat dubious, Issac decides make a few inquiries. While he would like to keep the outfit, it wasn't quite critical for him to do so.

"Well if I am to pay taxes to the Postwick Mob, then it stands to reason that I should granted citizenship within New Anglia. On that note, I have a number of questions in regards to how dual citizenship would work, Postwick tax law, the location of government institutions, where I would need to go in order to obtain a passport... I have a lot of questions that any legitimate tax collector such as yourselves would definitely know the answer to."

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:55:04 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2019, 02:00:32 pm »

Grab the diamond dust sack and follow the calls. Note the location of this spot.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 03:37:34 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27