Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 39176 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2019, 07:41:16 pm »

Hmm.. I think they'll block me, or summon an ambush, or do something to hinder this.  I should get away.

Try to get away by increasing speed and looking for obscuring terrain, such as stands of trees or even just very tall grass.  Go quickly, and if it gets down to one or two drones with eyes on me, shoot then down and try to lose the rest.

If I do lose them, change to mission one and head to Bungay, in case there's an ambush set ahead of me.  It should be closer than Lowestof was, but in a different direction.

If I don't lose them, keep heading for Lowestof, and only shoot one or two drones.. enough to require them to send in reinforcements, but not enough to exterminate all of them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 07:47:29 pm by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2019, 04:56:35 pm »

"I am. Name's Theodore, and this is Timmy." Theodore gestured to his friend. "We aren't with any side, though. Prefer to stay independent. And what about yourself? What brings you out in this weather?"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2019, 05:14:22 pm »

"Fair enough. I'm with Walt Labs - we could probably help you out, but it's your choice. I was friends with some of their ranking members even before cryo, and got on good terms with the Keep after the defrost, so I set up some diplomatic channels between them. As for why I'm out here, couple of reasons, mainly that I'm trying to get to Ipswich. The Church knows how to jam the signals the Uploxxed use, and the GML's edging in on the region we've tried to fortify. If they'll share the technology, we could make this entire region much safer. Though I'm still not sure why the uploxxed seem to hate living people so much."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2019, 05:41:41 am »

"Hate us? I doubt they hate us, unless something changed. We're kudos to them. I ran into a few Uploxxed, from thr Greater Marmite League and a group called Legends a while after being defrosted. Fought two of them, they said something about killing us for the kudos. And the one I got a battery for paid me in kudos. I think it's some sort of point system. But I don't think they see us as more than future accolades they can brag about to the rest of their group."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2019, 10:01:54 am »

“Hmn. Still doesn’t explain why they’re so willing to kill us, though. After all, from what I’ve heard, they were all human, too, once. How can they just so casually decide that it’s ok to kill the people who are still alive?”

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2019, 06:22:40 am »

Dereham outskirts -> Fakenham
with two of the three distracted, now seemed like the best time to run.  P4 would definitely have to do maintenance after this, but he needed to attend the meeting, and could not afford to delay any longer.
[P4 rolled 4+4+2body-1unbalanced+-1shaken=8]
P4 shoves passed the three women and leaps over fallen branch, scrambling away at speed. Half a mile away he slows and assesses the damage. Besides the cracked camera, it's mostly just cosmetic: on of his sides is bent inwards from the repeated blows. It won't hinder him much, but it does provide a weak spot.

After an hour of running he arrives at last in Fakenham. Underneath a huge antenna tower a great circus tent has been erected. Padding inside, he can see the tent is full of cyberbeasts of all sorts. Dogs are the majority, but then there are lions, weasels, bears, even a cybergiraffe.

As he enters the threshold, P4 is invited into the chat gallery in Nexus. Chat is ongoing through nine senses (including some of the deluxe Nexus-only senses), dominated by text and audio. Nexus is awash with the bustle of avatars.

P4-Nth-err has joined GML Circus Chat.
memeticat: yo yo its p4 in das haus
Karrion_Kidd: wow p4 you get hit by a bus or something ??
memeticat: you seen db yet
GuzmanTheGuzzler: And now that is why I prefer the simply delectable HT-80 over the frankly undeservedly popular HT-85i.
DATABOI: I AM IN CHAT
Lucy: HT-80 is literally slower tho?
Karrion_Kidd: and you're cam, hot hell you look rough !!
DATABOI: I JUST GOT GANKED
DATABOI: YOU RECOGNISE THIS MORPH?

DATABOI shares a shaky picture at some distance of a humanoid shadowy figure in the woods.

GuzmanTheGuzzler: But the craftmanship! The HT-85i was rushed out.
memeticat: dam dude u just got that badger
GuzmanTheGuzzler: It can't be overclocked in the same way.
StaggerLee has joined GML Circus Chat.

A stag, with majestic razor sharp antlers strides into the big tent. bone shards stick out of the pallid flesh of its legs. In the veridical world of the tent, he bellows out in a powerful voice for all the morphs to hear. The chat goes almost silent (Guzman and Lucy keep bickering about components).

"We are hear to unveil the next phase of the Greater Marmite League Grand Strategy!" StaggerLee booms. "But before we begin, does anyone here have anything important to report?"

In chat DATABOI tries to call attention to his recent assassination, but most of the others pay him little attention.

P4 is no longer shaken and unbalanced. P4 gains condition: battered side.

Dereham outskirts
Head towards Dereham
Sandra starts on the road to Dereham. On the way she comes across a roadblock: a fallen tree across the road. On the tree is small birdcage in which a magpie hops back and forth. Two human fingers lie on the ground. Many of the weeds that poke through the asphalt have been flattened.

Thetford Forest
Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

THREAT ASSESSED AND SHALL BE TERMINATED”

Jäger shall gets its sniper rifle out, look for a decent position on which it can land a shot and be away from the visionary range of the cyber badger, land a hunting shot to the video-camera head by aiming the scope, pull the trigger, the rifle is semiauto so if the badger keeps trying to move, pull consecutive shots center mass
[Jäger rolled 4+2+0wits=6]
[Jäger rolled 2+2+2body+1gun=7]
[Jäger rolled 6+3+2body+1gun-1cover=11]
Jäger gets into position in a spot where he thinks hes unobserved. But the sensors on DATABOI must have been top notch. The camera swivels towards him... was he spotted? Without wasting any time, the assassin shoots out the camera. The badger tries to scurry away into cover but Jäger unloads a clip into the centre of its mass. The body starts melting in on itself wrecking all of the components, autogun included.

The rest of the guard duty is uneventful. Natrix is pleased about the elimination of a GML threat and no more is said about the torn blimp.

Rewilding has been completed.

Jäger gains +2 tallies, +1 kudos, +1eyes rep

Road -> Watton
Issac gets in the car and instructs the driver to start driving towards Watton. Issac then moves to confiscate the flamethrower. Then moves to put the jacket back on.

Issac then says "And if you have any food, bring it to Gerry here."
[Isaac rolled 3+3+1body=7]
Gerry starts chewing on some dried fruit bits as Isaac dresses and gets the driver to take him to Watton. He snatches the flamethrower from the back to give himself extra leverage, but as he does he bangs the nozzle, bending it slightly.

The drive is awkward and the others keep trying to ask him for something more concrete about Gerry's condition. It doesn't take long to arrive in Watton. Scrap corrugated iron shacks fill the walled town. The sound of activity throngs. Armed morphs patrol the rooftops, looking to break up any fighting. All kinds of robots, cyberbeasts and even some humans can be found here. As the jeep pulls up, a squat drone with a television body looks at him, the voxelated avatar on the screen rubbing his animated chin.

The driver says, "So what about the cure then? We're here." Isaac realises that even if he could fix the man, the mob aren't going to be happy with him once these three report back.

Isaac gains bent makeshift-flamethrower.

The Broads
Pull out the Tortleing gun, and give a look to the tortles trying to trip me saying "very funny, there is something more important to do". Pet the tortle riding me, and try to coax the other Tortles to coming with me back to the shack.

Mark down the area as "Tortle Swamp"
[/quote]
[Auze rolled 3+1+2empathy+1tortlegun=7]
Auze begins the process of getting the Tortles on side. He manages to befriend the green one on his back and the cerulean and magnolia tortles that had planned to trip him, but the others disappear into the trees and mud. The mutant reptiles were bred for a certain amount of pliability, especially in the face of one with the authority of a tortling gun. He brings the three back to his family shack where his family are duly impressed by his haul.

"We'll make a tortler out of you in no time," says his father.

The mischievous tortles start plotting havoc. Having got the tortles, Auze still needs to train them...

Auze gains +3 tallies.

Scole
Counter her question with questions of my own! If she doesn't seem like she's about to immediately attack in response, try to carefully pull myself back up onto a branch. If that seems too risky, just hang out for now. Try to act cool. There's nothing strange going on here, nope...   
[Ben rolls 4+2+0empathy=6]
[Ben rolls 5+3+2body-1upsidedown=9]
The woman ignores him and gets back on her motorbike and starts riding off, perhaps to find a river crossing. Ben tries to pull himself up, but the branch snaps. Luckily he manages to swing down onto the ground, but in doing so he bruises his knee. He can still hear the motorbike engine rumble nearby.

Ben gains condition knee bruise.

Bungay
Who said there was no such thing as a free ride? To Bungay! By truck!
Darrin gives a nod in greeting to the new passenger, and waves his left - burning - hand.
The Keep truck rumbles on through the poor weather with Darrin, Timmy and Theodore chatting together. Eventually they arrive at Bungay. Once barely more than a village, now it's a heavily fortified base. Some strange power has allowed them to erect massive unnatural obsidian walls in a square mile around the town. They pass through two sets of gates, guarded by men and women and other tentacled things.

Blakely pays Darrin with a ski mask and sets to work unloading his truck. Within the complex, it's a small English town with timbered buildings, parks and churches, frozen in time. The newcomers can see a large automobile garage, several houses knocked together to make a HQ (as shown by a banner hanging from it, saying 'HQ'), and a newly built observatory squatting on an obsidian tower in the centre of the town.

Keep Caravan Guard is complete.

Darrin gains: +2 tallies, a ski mask.

Empire Forge
(Am I both tired and sorrowful or has sorrowful replaced tired?)
Yes, both.

"A candle's better than nothing, still don't get used to seeing dead people, especially dead kids."
Start looking around the outside of the workshop and pushing on the walls to see how stable the structure is, then make sure my gun is loaded and see how many bullets are in the box I have.
[Burt rolled 6+1+1body-1tired=7]
Burt starts pushing at the structure. On the bright side it doesn't fall on him, but it does fall. He jumps out the way as the shed walls collapse in, leaving a huge piles of rotten wood and brick to pick over. There are 15 bullets remaining in the box of bullets. He looks around at the trees about him, as if there are are eyes watching him. Hopefully he won't need the bullets...

Lowestoft Outskirts
Try to get away by increasing speed and looking for obscuring terrain, such as stands of trees or even just very tall grass.  Go quickly, and if it gets down to one or two drones with eyes on me, shoot then down and try to lose the rest.

If I don't lose them, keep heading for Lowestof, and only shoot one or two drones.. enough to require them to send in reinforcements, but not enough to exterminate all of them.
[Sandeep rolled 2+1+3body=6]
[Sandeep rolled 5+3+3body+1laser=12]
Sandeep tries to sprint away but as he darts for cover he slips on a branch and all the drones swarm in closer. He spins around and shoots two of the drones with his laser. They instantly fritz and the distributed consciousness drops two of their bodies to protect the rest of their mind. The rest hover up much higher, and spread out, as Sandeep makes his way to Lowestoft.

On the outskirts of the town he arrives at an overgrown industrial estate. There doesn't seem like anyone around so he breaks into a warehouse named SECURICORE. Inside, in the dim light from a murky skylight, Sandeep can see roll-upon-roll of razorwire, much more than he could carry. But he reckons he could haul one rubber-lined roll out. Above the skylight, the shadow of a drone passes overhead.

Buff the Base is complete.

Sandeep gains +1 tally.
Sandeep loses 1 Terraterror rep.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2019, 06:51:53 am »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

”NOW THATS DONE, DON’T NEED TO MISS THE PARTY”

Jäger shadow jumps to [Fakenham] for [Rollcall] and tries to see if it can get to the GML party as soon as it can. The GML Uploxed that Jäger removed its physical form may develop a vendetta however it would be too quick to develop a Morph Form and the GML Party would be a great source of information to be recorded
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 06:54:54 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - circus animals
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2019, 08:21:30 am »

use my mandibles to break the cage, freeing the magpie

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2019, 09:18:23 am »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
Expending 5 tallies to increase Weird to 3.

While I recognize that the Londoners don’t have any opinion about me right now, and I’m supposed to have some reputation with them before I try to help with the Laxfield situation, let’s go meet with some of them and discuss the possibility that I could assist, regardless. More active towers helps no-one living.
Additionally, if they seem receptive, bring up the idea of asking the Church about jamming.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2019, 10:49:27 am »

Dereham Outskirts
use my mandibles to break the cage, freeing the magpie
Jäger shadow jumps to [Fakenham] for [Rollcall] and tries to see if it can get to the GML party as soon as it can. The GML Uploxed that Jäger removed its physical form may develop a vendetta however it would be too quick to develop a Morph Form and the GML Party would be a great source of information to be recorded
[Sandra rolled 2+1+1body+1mandibles=5]
Sandra applies her mandibles to the task. The bird caws and flaps its wings as the mandible begin crushing the cage inwards on the poor bird. She stops herself before destroying the poor bird, a sense of unbalance and uncertainty overcomes her...

At that moment, out of the shadows of the trees, a humanoid robot flickers into view. Jägermörder, halfway along to Fakenham and making good time, popped back into view at the sight of a giant robotic millipede standing in front of a magpie stuck in a partly-crushed bird cage sat on a log in the middle of the road. The robot is clearly one of the Eyes of Gaia. There are two human fingers on the ground.

Sandra gains +1 distance.

Bungay
While I recognize that the Londoners don’t have any opinion about me right now, and I’m supposed to have some reputation with them before I try to help with the Laxfield situation, let’s go meet with some of them and discuss the possibility that I could assist, regardless. More active towers helps no-one living.
[Darrin rolled 3+3+1empathy+0londoners+1engineer=8]
Darrin heads in the HQ to try to get an audience with someone important. Inside, walls have been knocked down through several corridors and living rooms to create a large atrium. Various soldiers and aides are coming and going here. As an engineer, surely they'd welcome his help. He talks to a few of them and gets the impression thatwhile big plans are afoot, a lot of the people that have the plans, including their boss Ray, are currently away or indisposed. The people there don't know him or what he's capable of, so there's only so far his inquiries can go. He's pointed in the direction of the recruitment office if he wants to sign up as a foot-soldier, and someone mentions offhand that perhaps Sriracha at the garage could do with a hand with his current project.

The Quest Log Has Been Updated!

Please see below for new Londoner Quests.

Human
Spoiler: The Keep (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Land Pirates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Postwick Mob (click to show/hide)

Uploxed
Spoiler: Great Marmite League (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TERRATERROR (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eyes of Gaia (click to show/hide)

Mutant
Spoiler: Walt Labs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Londoners (click to show/hide)

Neozombie

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2019, 11:46:03 am »

A haul of 3 tortles... pretty good for a day’s work.

Train the tortles to obey basic commands such as [in Spanish] “go!”, “stop!”, “follow me!”, “attack!”, “release!”, and [in English] “Oh dear goodness get away from that!”. Teach them to focus their mischievous nature on my enemies.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 12:45:19 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2019, 12:12:00 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
I’m not joining up with them, but some mechanical work shouldn’t be too terrible. Time to help with the warped engine mission.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2019, 12:30:18 pm »

Bungay - Garage
I’m not joining up with them, but some mechanical work shouldn’t be too terrible. Time to help with the warped engine mission.
Darrin heads into the garage. It's a large chop-shop with space for four vehicles to be serviced at a time. He sees someone who he vaguely recognises. A tall slender man with no clear physical prowess, instead he seems to have spent his life focused on looking like a street punk. He has dyed red hair slightly faded, the roots showing. A nose ring, lip piercing, and a couple of missing teeth are clear facial features. He wears jeans and a tank top with the old earth Sriracha logo on it. He's hard at work sorting the latest shipment of car parts.

Deep in the Broads
Train the tortles to obey basic commands such as [in Spanish] “go!”, “stop!”, “follow me!”, “attack!”, “release!”, and [in English] “I fear goodness get away from that!”. Teach them to focus their mischievous nature on my enemies.
[Auze rolled 2+5+2empathy+1tortlinggun=10]
It takes many long weeks of diligent, patient work, but at last the three tortles can follow basic commands and mostly focus their mischievousness on others. All he need do now is give them each a name and he's ready to go out into the world as a tortler.

Establish a population of trained attack tortles - Part 2 - Tortle Training is complete.

Auze gains +1 tally.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2019, 12:31:59 pm »

Sandra turns to the humanoid that popped into view
“Can you help free the bird? You look like you would be able to do so without crushing it”
((shadowclaw777, I am talking to your character))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 03:32:50 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2019, 12:56:27 pm »

Theodore and Timmy head for the HQ to ask around and figure out who to talk to in order to learn about the Hunger and to share information about Viktor.

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27