Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: Brute: SG  (Read 32809 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brute: SG
« Reply #315 on: November 13, 2019, 09:45:24 pm »

Let’s C the wizard
 :P

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 13, 2019, 10:57:02 pm »

C, and A
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #317 on: November 14, 2019, 02:32:35 am »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 16, 2019, 12:34:13 am »

In a bit of a panic you slam your hand into the ground 3 times. Nothing happens. You realize that you forgot to say his name at the end. You pound the ground 3 time more, and try to pronounce the wizards name, but you are pretty sure you mispronounce it. You try really hard, and 3 times your hand goes into the dirt, and you call out Silanius’s name.

“Oh my... how... how do you have enough Abyssal corruption to turn a whole city into blood crazed fiends?”
The wizard, stepping out behind a crate, holds up his hand.
“Wait, never mind. Whew, you really walked into this one-“

You grab the wizards by the front of his robes.
“Fix this. Now.” You growl.

“Okay, okay easy there fella. I can put some enchantments on you that will contain the corruption, but you will need to find a way to purify yourself. Doing some measure of extreme self sacrifice will do it, or even sacrificing a proper demon in a proper temple could do the trick.”

You gesture at the crowd. “What about them?”
Silanius gives them an apprasing glance then shakes his head. “Too risky. They will spread corruption wherever they go, and the enchantments will not be able to help them much. We’ll have to put them down.”
At your look of dismay, he adds, “I can handle it, it just be like going to sleep. They won’t feel a thing.”

What do you do?
A. Witness their last moments as the wizard does his work. You will remember them.
Evil: Consume them all to increase your strength. (Evil is really not subtle).
C. You refuse to accept this. You will take them with you until you find something.
D. Something else?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2019, 12:50:47 am »

C. We are a leader of humanity, not one who puts down old dogs. They will not bear the consequences of this.
Have the wizard tell our men that we will need to be separated from them for a while.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #321 on: November 16, 2019, 01:23:56 am »

D. Demand that the innocent throng be literally, not euphemistically, put to sleep. We'll work on finding a high number of demons to kill and sacrifice for purification. In the meantime,
Have the wizard tell our men that we will need to be separated from them for a while.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 16, 2019, 01:46:14 am »

D. Demand that the innocent throng be literally, not euphemistically, put to sleep. We'll work on finding a high number of demons to kill and sacrifice for purification. In the meantime,
+1
Makes sense. +1.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2019, 02:22:42 am »

+1
Makes sense. +1.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2019, 05:20:18 am »

+1
Makes sense. +1.
+1
+1

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 17, 2019, 05:47:21 pm »

+1
Makes sense. +1.
+1
+1

The wizard does a quick count, and slips a wand out from his sleeve.
“Well, we will need 2 rather powerful demons, one for you and another should be sufficient for them. Here-“ he grabs some manacles with a bit of distaste, and with some muttering and taps of the wand hands them to you.
“These should hold a demon if you beat it up a bit, and it’s scared enough. Now, there is a sorceror’s tower 3 days ride to the East, hidden in the mountains. Now, it is heavily fortified and warded against one such as myself, but I could teleport you outside it’s bounds. Now I wouldn’t be able to teleport demons out of there, but if you could take them to the temple of Alovial, roughly halfway between here and there. We will meet there with your men and the afflicted. Or you could travel there conventionally with your army.”

He pauses a bit, hesitating.
“You could also choose to let the corruption grow. You have enough strength to bear it, and you may be able to open a gate once it grows enough, and launch your own offensive into the Abyss. However, once it reaches that point ... it may not able to be removed. I wanted to give you the choice now, before the corruption potential interferes with your decision making.”
He turns and makes 3 quick motions and the crowd of women and children begin to yawn, and look for a place to lie down for a bit. Within half a minute they were all asleep. He turns an expectant gaze to you.

What do you do?
A. Teleport to the tower.
B. Travel there with your army.
Evil. Accelerate the corruption process. It will get you quicker to your vengeance.
D. Allow the corruption to continue slowly, giving you the chance to master it.
E. Something else?

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 17, 2019, 05:50:02 pm »

B, but leave a contingent to protect the infected here. As we travel, work on mastering our will and the corruption, just in case.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 17, 2019, 06:31:35 pm »

A

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2019, 08:25:08 pm »

A

As the wizard said, the Abyss it's quite literally infinite. In sure we can find enough demons there to work things out.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2019, 12:45:00 am »

A

As the wizard said, the Abyss it's quite literally infinite. In sure we can find enough demons there to work things out.

Silanius nods and grabs hold of your hand. You feel something like a hook tugging you backwards, and after a fleeting moment of disorientation, you find yourself looking at a fortress of doom.

The wizard whistles next to you. “Wow, he really made some changes around here. You won’t have any problems finding demons here. You sure you can handle this?”

Dominating the landscape in front of you is a black iron tower stretching into the sky, magma pouring down its sides. Additional towers are being constructed, half finished frames stretching out into the sky. A wall wraps around the base of the tower, and even from here you can see legions of demons patrolling the walls and filling the grounds.

Your lips twist into a savage grin. Here lies your true foes, enemies of humanity and that is good.
“I think I’ll be fine.”

What do you do?
A. Charge the gates and knock them down.
Evil: Swear loyalty to hell, make reforms from the inside!
C.Go down and ask to see the sorceror. Chop heads until you do.
D. Ask if Silanius can launch you into the tower.
E. Something else?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28