Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 28889 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2020, 10:27:15 am »

Hi Ho! I, Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau, was recommended this fine establishment on the basis that it lacks crazy people who would stab others in the neck. I hope the review from the kind professor is true. Anyway, I am here for food and room and definitely not knives in the neck.

Aye, that'll do fine. +1
+1
Hi Ho! I, Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau, was recommended this fine establishment on the basis that it lacks crazy people who would stab others in the neck. I hope the review from the kind professor is true. Anyway, I am here for food and room and definitely not knives in the neck.

The Giant puts His book down.
‘No knifing, don’t worry. I make sure of that.’
He stands up, and comes towards You.
‘So. D’You have any money? I could list the prices in every currency we accept, but asking what People have is faster.’

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spellcasting (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2020, 10:46:53 am »

Ah yes, money can be exchanged for goods and services! Perhaps you might be interested in this shiny silver coin! Or...are you interested in this magical wishing potato? Actually, no, that magical potato is for personal use!

Anyways, what's your name?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2020, 10:58:45 am »

Ah yes, money can be exchanged for goods and services! Perhaps you might be interested in this shiny silver coin! Or...are you interested in this magical wishing potato? Actually, no, that magical potato is for personal use!

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2020, 06:54:34 pm »

+1

‘My name is Marthi, but most People call me Magpie. It’s the hair. I run this Place, if Y’didn’t guess that already. The Prices in Silver are a nice big room for a Penny of Silver, and a much smaller room for a half-penny of Silver. Both get a bowl of stew and a drink.’

He looks down at You.

‘May I ask, Robert, where do You come from? I’m not sure I’ve seen someone like You before.’

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2020, 07:10:16 pm »

"Oh me? I'm a human who transformed magically. I can dance for you if you'd like."

This is a pretty big upgrade from hobo village, so lets go with two days in the half-penny room.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2020, 07:13:36 pm »

I come from a land down under, where women glow and men plunder.
Wait. That’s not right. To be honest, I  have suffered a sort of traumatic brain injury a few days ago so that knowledge is currently lost. However, I do have citizenship papers for this town. So I guess I’m from Lent for now.

The smaller room seems ideal and leaves us some money for later

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2020, 07:14:34 pm »

"Oh me? I'm a human who transformed magically. I can dance for you if you'd like."

This is a pretty big upgrade from hobo village, so lets go with two days in the half-penny room.
Question, do we know we were human?

“I wish I could tell you, but by memories are lost”

Small room

+1 to Stirk’s vote
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:47:45 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2020, 07:25:03 pm »

Small room

I'm making stuff up. More fun than just telling literally everyone we lost our memory.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2020, 08:47:08 pm »

Small room

I'm making stuff up. More fun than just telling literally everyone we lost our memory.
The hope is since we were in town in the past, if someone remembers us. cancelling my vote and +1ing your vote

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 30, 2020, 05:58:15 am »

Wait. That’s not right. To be honest, I  have suffered a sort of traumatic brain injury a few days ago so that knowledge is currently lost. However, I do have citizenship papers for this town. So I guess I’m from Lent for now.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 30, 2020, 06:36:01 pm »

Small room

The hope is since we were in town in the past, if someone remembers us. cancelling my vote and +1ing your vote

+1
"Oh me? I'm a human who transformed magically. I can dance for you if you'd like. I come from a land down under, where women glow and men plunder. Wait. That’s not right. To be honest, I  have suffered a sort of traumatic brain injury a few days ago so that knowledge is currently lost. However, I do have citizenship papers for this town. So I guess I’m from Lent for now.

‘Hm. Lent’s not bad as Places to be stuck in go. We take a lot of pride in our Constables, them not being corrupt and all that, and that sticks us head and shoulders over Kesch or Áine’s rock. I will say, Y’do look something like a Human, no doubting that. But then, You could be a tall Dwarf, or a Short Giant. If Y’lined up One of each, made sure They were similar heights and, uh, shaved the Dwarf, Y’d be forgiven for having trouble telling the Buggers apart.’

He takes Your penny and brings You over to the Counter. He takes out a weighing scale, placing a small weight in one side and the penny in the other.

‘Much as a Dancer’d be nice here, I don’t have much money for something like that. If You stick around until there’s a new Golden age for the Pit Cities, I might take You up on it then, though.’

After satisfying Himself with the weight of the Penny, He places it onto a counter, on a spot plastered with cut marks. Then from underneath the counter, he puts a chisel over the Penny, a hammer over the chisel, and gives a single whack. He takes one half of the penny, and gives You the other.

‘There’s Your change. This’s the key to Your bedroom, take the stairway behind Me when you want to go to Bed, I’ll get Y’some stew in a second.’

A few seconds later, You find Yourself sitting where The Giant dumped You and Your food, alone at the table. The chatting regulars occasionally glance at You, and start to whisper whenever They Think your listening. The stew in front of You is pale, almost beige, with the scent of fish and vegetables emanating from it. Your drink smells strong, and looks fruity. The light has stopped shining from outside, and the only light now is the fire, and the warm yellow glow from a black candle at the centre of the table. You’ve become very, very hungry all of a sudden.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2020, 07:04:55 pm »

It be time to eat
Then
Strike up some conversation with anyone sitting close to us
*Psst* Hey buddy, you interested in understanding the complex mental machinations of one Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau? That is, of course, contingent on you not stabbing me in the neck. Neck stabbing is terribly rude and I don’t associate with such rude individuals.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2020, 09:22:24 pm »

It be time to eat
Then
*Psst* Hey buddy, you interested in understanding the complex mental machinations of one Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau? That is, of course, contingent on you not stabbing me in the neck. Neck stabbing is terribly rude and I don’t associate with such rude individuals.
+1

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2020, 03:08:45 am »

It be time to eat
Then
+1
You dig into the soup. Spoonful after spoonful of fish and potatoes and who knows what else work their way down Your throat, as carefully stewed flavours compete for Your attention. Soon, the last drop has been licked from the bowl, and You get a wonderful feeling of fullness inside.

The Woman sitting closest to You turns away from the chatting group with a look of suspicion and curiosity, as the others pretend not to do the same. Her voice is cautious but intrigued.

‘... Sure. No neck stabbing.’

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 31, 2020, 07:20:20 am »

Tell her about ourselves and be sure to mention the wishing potatoes, and be sure to leave out the sphere.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29