Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423885 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The best case scenario is that it mutates to milder forms, and those forms are more likely to slip past containment, and those forms then give people antibodies that also help against the stronger forms.

With the reinfection thing, the confusion is that they want this thing to be a simple yes/no question. Antibodies assist in resisting a virus, they're not a simple on/off switch.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:59:45 pm by Reelya »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cowronavirus...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

The best case scenario is that we wake up and find it was all just a collective bad dream. Fat chance
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's not the best case scenario. In that scenario, you wake up back at the end of 2019 then you have to live through the 2020 elections again and Trump is the clear winner by virtue of boosting the stock market and playing up general China threats.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The best case scenario is that I wake up, get sluiced into the sewers, rescued by some guys I drempt about who are now driving a weird hovercraft, then I get to dream better (albeit more gamified) dreams where I am The One, and can pretend to be Superman.

(Later on, I probably find out that the bit where I'm 'awake', which isn't all that nice but is good for my soul, is probably also a dream...)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 08:26:10 pm by Starver »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

The ??? case scenario is that the coronavirus wakes up and finds it was all just a wet dream.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought the best case scenario was we all wake up to find the Earth hurtling into the sun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

The vest case scenario is that you wake up and find a vest in a case
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought the best case scenario was we all wake up to find the Earth hurtling into the sun.

That's the dest. space scenario.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well this is getting out of hand:
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/behind-the-freedom-day-mass-protest-being-planned-across-australia/news-story/653238089ac84b4fc11d910efefd72a4

Mr Panayides has more than 23,000 followers on Facebook and appears to be a member of Reignite Democracy Australia.

Mr Panayides promotes various conspiracies around vaccinations and 5G technology and doesn’t believe coronavirus is real.

Back in May, Mr Panayides told his followers to smash their TVs in protest of the media telling them what to think.

He smashed his own TV in his backyard, declaring they were terrorising the world and people needed to take the power back.

Dozens of his followers followed suit, filming themselves taking hammers and other tools to their own TVs.

He was also arrested as part of anti-lockdown protests outside Parliament in Victoria.

At the event he was filmed attempting to read a verse from the Bible which, he says, talks about microchips.

At least they're just smashing up their own stuff. But they could at least have donated those screens to charity or left them on the side of the road. I'm betting he smashed a non-working TV and is bullshitting, while his followers were dumb enough to smash working ones.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to recollect the materials used? Smashing them isn’t a good way of preparing extraction of working parts that could potentially be used in other applications

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Iirc it's largely not worth the effort. There's reclaimable material in most electronics, but not much (barring the plastic, I guess, but that's cheap and difficult to resell), and it's often awkward to extract and process into something reusable. Most people would be spending their time better, cost wise, just working a job (or at least some other money making activity) and either buying a replacement or buying the desired materials directly. Possible but economically inefficient, basically.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking if we reuse pieces from broken things instead of throwing them away, there could be less waste

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're not taking into account that to separate out the stuff again needs energy and chemicals. There is a cost to recycling, and costs generally indicate something is being used up in the process.

If you buy a recycled version of something even though it 'costs more' than a normal one, you're probably not actually saving resources. You need to ask why it costs more: what energy and resources went into recycling that which didn't go into making a new one?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 07:53:14 am by Reelya »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I wonder if the fuckwit is self-aware enough the appreciate the irony of telling people to smash their TV's because they're telling them what to think. Probably not.

In other, more fun fuckwit related news. Two co-workers from a different shift got a fever yesterday, if it is the plague they probably caught it in the last two weeks of vacation we've had. Regardless, the company decided not to risk anyone else and send that shift to self-isolate is what I'd love to say but can't because they're fuckwits.

What they did do is call me to inform me that I'd be filling in for them while they get better. So not only am I shafted by switching to third shift this week, I'll also be working a two-man position solo. Oh and the big bonus cherry of shit on top is that the risk of getting infected just went up considerably :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 459