00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 238995 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2020, 04:31:41 am »

"Not sure. Don't want... don't want to think about it. Everything hurts."

[15] Emma nods at that, rising to her feet and offering you an unsteady hand. "Come on, let's get back to the academy."

You take the offered grip and pull yourself up. You take the lead as you navigate towards the Academy, cutting through field and thicket alike. After one final potato field, you move past the gate of the Academy compound in the dead of night. You hail the gate guard, who lets you through as soon as he sees Emma.

You stand in the protected courtyard of the Academy and feel at ease. Emma nearly slumps to the ground with exhaustion, but pulls herself up and drags herself back to the Living Quarters.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2020, 08:03:51 am »

Hunger... Find food.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2020, 08:20:47 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2020, 03:29:46 pm »

[-]Food, glorious food. You heat up some leftover grain-meal on the stove, devouring it along with a spare loaf of bread and an [apple] you found. You don't think any of it will be missed. You're still a bit hungry, but eating any more food will leave one of your dorm-mates, or yourself, without breakfast the next morning. No one wants to be that person, not even you.

With that finished, you step into the showers, washing off the clotted blood from your back and your clothes. The shirt you replace, but the coat is going to need repairs. With a ginger hand, you reach back, feeling the wound on your shoulder. It's still sore, but a vast majority of it has healed. You lift your arm, not feeling that curious delay anymore as you stretch and go through the motions.

A massive bruise spreads its way across your chest, an ugly mottled thing of brown and blue. You figure it'll be healed by tomorrow, however, and make sure to wash it off.

Your nosebleed has finally stopped by the time you leave the shower, and you clear your sinuses.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2020, 03:33:28 pm »

sleep. Perhaps sleeping will help our body heal

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2020, 03:39:05 pm »

+1

Tomorrow we'll want to check in with Emma, find out what she knows of the people behind the attack, consider writing a report to Mother Nicole... but for now, rest sounds good.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2020, 03:50:07 pm »

+1

Tomorrow we'll want to check in with Emma, find out what she knows of the people behind the attack, consider writing a report to Mother Nicole... but for now, rest sounds good.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2020, 04:13:14 pm »

[13] You stumble into bed, climbing into it with a small sigh. Sleep comes to you as quickly as your head hits the pillow, not even your sore, aching body can stop you from sleeping.

[3] You dream half-remembered nightmares. Metallic insects rip and tear at your flesh, corpses rise only to twist and rend into abominations with far too many mouths and teeth. Your friends die, only to turn and attack you. Emma twists into a bloated aberration, all thrashing razorwire tentacles, grabbing at your throat as you scream for mercy. The fire never comes to save you this time.

[13] Emma, however, does. She shakes you from your nightmares, looking equal parts concerned and exhausted. She shushes you as you ask questions, helping to remake the bed you scrambled apart in your fitful sleep. As you drift back to sleep, she lays down next to you.

[-] You awake the next morning, emerging from your room into a crowded common space. Everyone is at work making breakfast, Emma and Eric working together to direct the flow of food and labor, as they normally do. No one gives you a second glance, and, grateful for the routine, you begin to set the tables and pour the water.

They don't let you cook anymore, not after you burned water during the first day.

Breakfast is simple and filling. A fruit-based grain meal porridge, with fried chunks of salted [meat] and a boiled, grey egg that someone brought home the other night from the stores in town. You're still a little hungry by the end of it, but you've come to accept that as part of your existence here. The food never fills you up.

Emma helps with the dishes and leaves quickly after that, heading to the communication's wing of the main building. You, on the other hand, head towards Brother Hop's room.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2020, 04:37:46 pm »

Give Brother Hop a debrief of yesterday's happenings
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2020, 04:52:59 pm »

+1

Speak with honesty, but don't detail the fight itself unless asked.
They may have taken us under their wing, but I still don't trust Mother Nicole and her underlings.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2020, 05:11:54 pm »

+1

They may have taken us under their wing, but I still don't trust Mother Nicole and her underlings.
+1, Nicole's agenda is unclear at the moment and we should be wary.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2020, 05:13:46 pm »

+1

+1, Nicole's agenda is unclear at the moment and we should be wary.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2020, 09:13:50 pm »

Brother Hop opens the door, blearily rubbing at his eyes and looking down at you. He sighs when he sees your coat, gesturing for you to enter. He claims the opposing seat after busying himself in the kitchen to produce tea for the two of you. Sipping his drink, he gestures for you to pass it over.

"Better be a good explanation, little [demon]." He produces a needle, some Kevlar thread, and a patch, starting to sew your armor back together. "Watch closely; you're doing it yourself next time."

You watch and give debrief at the same time. You and Emma Thornton were walking home from a bar when you suspected trouble. Five individuals tried to kidnap Emma and kill you. They wanted her as a bargaining chip for Emma's Father, Businessman Thornton. You killed all of them, one expiring after interrogation.

Brother Hop nods along, not looking particularly shocked or concerned. "And you got shot with a las-pistol, I'm assuming?"

You nod, sipping your tea.

"I would like to see your wound if you please."

You turn around and lift your shirt up over your back, showing him the small, healing crater in your back.

"If I didn't have to repair your armor, I'd say that was little less than a glancing blow. I'll let Mother Nicole know that Thornton owes us a favor." He sips his tea, gesturing you down. "Do you know what happens to people who get shot with las-guns and survive? Usually, they have a chunk missing from them for a long time. Most die of shock or bleed to death." He lifts the sleeve of his robe, showing you a crater not-fully filled in with flesh, a nasty, messy work of scar tissue. "I've had this for five years. Think on that, little [demon]. You're dismissed."

He shuts the door hard behind you, and you're left standing in the Academy's hallway.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2020, 10:43:41 pm »

If we have some free time, one option would be to experiment and try to determine what additional powers are available to us, but only in a secure location where we would not be watched.

Otherwise, maybe we could use the opportunity to learn more about the world and its history.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 381