Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Titan Arms Race - Side B  (Read 9433 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Titan Arms Race - Side B
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2020, 04:21:57 pm »

Design phase -3
Electronic Warfare Component (EWC):
Part of understanding TAC culture is understanding that many of our soldiers lack physical bodies. With our hacking ability second to none, we just need to provide local access to the enemy infrastructure to take it over completely. The Electronic Warfare Component provides our local access. Shaped like a block black monolith covered in pulsing red lines dotted with the occasional radar dish, the EWC is essentially a large armored server housing a powerful hacking component. This server's firepower allows it to hack anything with remote access trivially easy. Any remote controlled drones would be instantly turned against its masters, wireless communications tapped or distorted, guided missiles suddenly begin targeting whoever fired it. Naturally the enemy is expected to catch on to this quickly. Thus the EWC is equipped with a more forceful approach. The lines of the monolith are composed of a special nanowire that can be used to forcibly access enemy electronic components by interacting with them directly. This requires physical access to work, meaning you must be close to a damaged portion of the enemy Titan to use it. If no damaged portion is present the nanowire will attempt to force access by creating one itself, drilling into the enemy target with countless lashes of nanowire whips. Once access is established the EWC takes full control of any electronic components, placing AI inside allowing the hacking to continue after the connection is abolished.
[2, 3] 5-1 4
The Electronic warfare component has some flaws. Notably its cost, range, and its tendency to overload targets it takes over after a few minutes. The EWC is a hovering server tower with some Comms equipment, and a system known as nanowire, which allows it to directly interface with a drone. Unfortunately, the process of installing our own AI causes the hardware to start melting down, meaning that our installed AIs have to bail out after a few minutes. In addition each EWC can only control 4 other drones at a time.
EWC component: Cost 2
Design: 'Talarion' Mk 1 Force Skates

High performance legs with a focus on retaining operational stability under extreme circumstances, the Talarion are shod with force projectors derived from the Hindsight Lance, never touching the ground but with an extremely potent blade wedge, allowing the Talarion-equipped titan to glide without need for steps. Particularly useful when combined with thruster packs to reach and maintain extreme speeds. Without the need to step all the time, Talarion legs are tuned for jumps and snap kicks when full actuation is required. In normal operation, Talarion legs merely tilt and flex with supreme grace to steer the skates.
[2, 3] 5
The talarion proves to be an...interesting design, basically a set of small Skis made out of force fields which have been altered to be frictionless, it works excellently on hard ground and in sand, allowing a Titan to coast along with little issue. However, the system is power hungry and doesn’t work with water. It also turns out that skis aren’t great for kicking…
Talarion force skates Cost 1
It is now revision phase
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2020, 04:37:32 pm »

Talarion Mk 1 Force Board

As previously noted, the force skates work extremely well on sandy surfaces. Luckily for us, with a few small modifications to combine the two skis into one continuous field, we have a fully connected forceboard to be used for surfing sick curls bro. The board can be turned on or off for wading through shallows and flying.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2020, 10:16:12 am »

Oh, that's clever. I like that a lot

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2020, 09:10:57 pm »

Ppl pls. We have two revisions.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2020, 02:39:12 pm »

Spoiler: Tech list B (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2020, 03:29:00 pm »

Flusterflare Stabilization

The Flusterflare chaff currently tends to damage the Titan engines to an unfortunate degree. By adding magnetic fields to bottle and contain the chaff during ejection, we can prevent the chaff from colliding with the engine components. In addition, the lack of need to shield against chaff collision enables us to cut back on shielding and focus on the speed boost effectiveness by reducing weight.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2020, 05:50:06 pm »

Revision: Neural Load Amplifier

A new helmet for our human pilots, the Neural Load Amplifier is a full-sphere audio system able to replicate audio data about the environment as if the distances involved were to-scale with a human. It also overrides inner ear function, allowing for better proprioception of the Titan. At all times, however, musical accompaniment from the pilot's chosen playlist will be played, as selected by their AI copilot. By tracking performance metrics associated with particular songs, these tracks can keep the human focused and optimized for the task at hand.

I'm laying the groundwork for a new Head part, but a revision won't cut it for the big version. Even on its own, I believe the NLA will be of great use for our very demanding fighting style.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 06:51:55 pm by The Ensorceler »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2020, 07:39:08 pm »

ACV Network: One of the major weaknesses of the support vehicles is their lack of intelligence and coordination. This revision uses our advancement in robotics to create a Network between specially made Armored Combat Vehicles and our Titans, allowing them to add their processing power together, share visual and sensory information, coordinate attacks, and take orders directly from the more advanced AI and human operators inside the Titan. This will allow us to use them as extensions of the Titan, rather than individual fodder units, improving their effectiveness significantly in return for a greater price per unit.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2020, 10:50:03 pm »

Revision: EWAR Lance "Psychopositor"

Descendant of the Hindsight, the Psychopositor is equipped with a number of stripped down EWCs in a bulky magazine. Lacking armor and propulsion, their range is even more limited than a full-scale EWC. Fortunately, they can ride down the interior of a hollow force lance, and implant inside of a drone or Titan to begin an override. A single EWC is no match for a Titan's massive computing power, but it can entrench itself locally as far as its nanowires can reach, paralyzing or sabotaging individual mechanisms. Support units can be partially stabilized of their lance-wound by the EWC's nanowire, and will continue to function until destroyed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:37:23 pm by The Ensorceler »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2020, 04:57:40 pm »

Talarion Mk1 Force Board (1) Doomblade
Flusterflare Stabilization (0):
ACV Network (1): Doomblade

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2020, 09:49:53 pm »

Once more unto the breach.

Revision: Flashfire Pinion

A set of force projectors is added to the shoulder rocket assemblies of the Flashfire, forming a set of wings. Flashfire Pinion equipped Titans can fly while at full boost, and achieve a well-controlled glide even when not able to fly. Wing fields improve defence across the Titan's rear.

Talarion Mk1 Force Board (2) Doomblade, The Ensorceler
Flusterflare Stabilization (1): The Ensorceler
ACV Network (1): Doomblade

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2020, 12:52:40 am »

Discord negotiations, between Doomblade and I.
Talarion Mk1 Force Board (0):
Flusterflare Stabilization (2): The Ensorceler, Doomblade
ACV Network (0):
Flashfire Pinion (2): The Ensorceler, Doomblade

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2020, 01:08:09 am »

Talarion Mk1 Force Board (1): Stirk
ACV Network (1): Stirk
Flashfire Pinion (2): The Ensorceler, Doomblade

Voting for the things DOomblade switched off of entirely to remove the crooked backroom deals from our politics!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2020, 06:28:44 am »

Force board got promoted to one of the designs next turn, btw. Not sure who'll write it but we'll have legs with several different locomotive assist force field modes. Probably skate/skis, surfboard, cleats, maybe stilts or a weapon mode.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2020, 10:44:42 am »

Talarion Mk1 Force Board (1): Stirk
ACV Network (1): Stirk
Flashfire Pinion (3): The Ensorceler, Doomblade, Chaoskl21
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8