Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures [On hiatus]  (Read 11506 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Robot AI Multiverse Adventures
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2020, 07:01:54 am »

Puke some binary at the humans and tell them to take us to their leader.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2020, 07:49:50 am »

OoC: Don't I have hands to make operating it easier.(+1) How'd I get a one.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2020, 08:31:56 am »

"Hi, thanks to Ongoing_Directives.bat now we speak human. I am 333 that is not a serial code I just like the number 3"

Lies mixed with truths are probably the best idea now

"We lack organic handlers because they aren't disponsable like us. Also are you speaking of the APEX? I thought we were supposed to collect stuff for a museum but then we received a transmission that said we had to collect stuff for a Game and that was the only requested thing."
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2020, 08:35:06 am »

”We have a ship of our own, with a portal device that brought us here. We were given the ship by our makers, the MCP, so we can better understand the portal device within. No organic life forms followed us here, since the journey through portals would be dangerous for them and we don’t require food/water so we don’t run the risk of starving, which is why we were given the device, since we don’t get killed as easily. We’re not a threat to any of you, just here to explore the place where the portal took us, and your fort happened to be near us and stands out against the rest of the area. Why do you think of us as threats? We don’t have any weapons.”
((The edit turned the * into “ to signify that I am speaking human using the translator))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 11:02:04 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2020, 10:29:51 am »

OoC: Don't I have hands to make operating it easier.(+1) How'd I get a one.
Because it doesn't take much dexterity to just push a button, for one. You just pushed the wrong button by accident.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2020, 11:07:52 am »

Continue travel to regroup with the other AIs. They are being strangely radio silent.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2020, 08:39:21 pm »

>Attach bionic limbs to self. Find objects nearby that could be used as gun part subsitutes (or have the potential to be made into subsitutes for the destroyed parts). Find any form of magazines for it, or at least ammo; I could likely use metal and explosives to make some improvised ammo, if I find said things.
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2020, 07:19:09 am »

Look again for the advanced translator. Hopefully with less empty compartments.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2020, 09:12:48 pm »

Turn 6
continue onwards to the fort while find something to rub the petrol off
[6] You grab a very startled, large squawking bird off the ground and furiously rub it against yourself, gathering most of the petrol onto its feathers. Most of them fall off, and you drop the almost-naked avian back down, reckoning this one probably didn't need to fly anyway. You are now covered in oil-soaked bird feathers. Still a fire risk, but at least you could flake them off. You reach the fort this turn.
Puke some binary at the humans and tell them to take us to their leader.
[1] Your message isn't very well received; the one in charge glares at you for a second, before shooting back,

*You are already speaking with our leader. I am Operations Chief. Our Civilian Services Manager does not handle cases like yours at this stage.*
"Hi, thanks to Ongoing_Directives.bat now we speak human. I am 333 that is not a serial code I just like the number 3"

Lies mixed with truths are probably the best idea now

"We lack organic handlers because they aren't disponsable like us. Also are you speaking of the APEX? I thought we were supposed to collect stuff for a museum but then we received a transmission that said we had to collect stuff for a Game and that was the only requested thing."
[4] The humans share a jolt of surprise when you begin speaking. A few of them trade highly uncomfortable looks; you get the sense they're not at all used to synthetics uttering clear language. The one in charge shushes them with a raised hand, and says back to you, "We can tell. It's like it knows your signal, but it won't react to anything we do. As soon as you got here, it--"

He breaks off suddenly, tapping two fingers to his helmet. A long moment of silence stretches on. He glances to the fort, then back at you. "No time," he says tersely. "Listen, I don't know about a game, we just know it started doing something the second you got here."
”We have a ship of our own, with a portal device that brought us here. We were given the ship by our makers, the MCP, so we can better understand the portal device within. No organic life forms followed us here, since the journey through portals would be dangerous for them and we don’t require food/water so we don’t run the risk of starving, which is why we were given the device, since we don’t get killed as easily. We’re not a threat to any of you, just here to explore the place where the portal took us, and your fort happened to be near us and stands out against the rest of the area. Why do you think of us as threats? We don’t have any weapons.”
[6] Partway through your speech, you start noticing a very sharp signal beacon emanating from the fort. It's the exact same as the general locator for the Keys, but MUCH stronger. You manage to parse out the code of two prominent words:

CHAOS ENGINE

"You're threats because unshackled AI tend to go insane," the leader growls, followed by a nervous murmur from the guards with him, who start fingering the trigger wells of their guns. "You..."

Your audio sensors abruptly pick up the distant whistling of something flying through the air. The sound multiplies quickly, turning to three... five...

One of the fort's automatic turrets swivels, and unleashes a rapid-fire burst at something in the sky. The guards immediately turn, in time to see several oblong shapes descending rapidly to the ground. One of them flames out from the rounds that strike it, crashing with a BANG and rolling to a stop not far away from you. From the wreckage crawls out a pair of silvery-white, quadrupedal machines with scythe-like blades extending out of their sides, and viciously glowing blue eyes.

Panicked shouts, a few barked orders, and a cacophony of gunshots ring out from the humans. [3] They manage to down them both, but not before one spits out a seething red bolt of energy at a guard, striking him in the arm. A moment later, he is missing everything from just below the shoulder down. The rest rush in to help, hauling the screaming-in-pain guard back to the fort.

The leader goes with, but not before barking at you, "Just get that thing out of here! EVERYONE wants it, now!"
Continue travel to regroup with the other AIs. They are being strangely radio silent.
[4] You arrive on scene in time to witness the drop pods breaking ground outside the fort walls. More of the scythed robots, and a couple large, centipede-like ones, are deploying into attack positions, firing bolts at the structure. Curious, you hover over to the shot-down pod, analyzing it and the mechs that now sport several dozen new bullet holes. Their tech is nothing short of impressive; the blades are primitive yet sharp, and their weapons appear to fire toroid-shaped rounds that flash-convert into plasma.
>Attach bionic limbs to self. Find objects nearby that could be used as gun part subsitutes (or have the potential to be made into subsitutes for the destroyed parts). Find any form of magazines for it, or at least ammo; I could likely use metal and explosives to make some improvised ammo, if I find said things.
[1] You stick legs on your top half, and hands dragging below like a monkey with the palms somehow twisted to face backwards. It looks hideous, and you doubt it's much use. [3] As for the gun, you search the locker it originally came from, and find a shotgun with several shells waiting nearby!
Look again for the advanced translator. Hopefully with less empty compartments.
[3 (2 + 1)] You don't have much luck finding an advanced translator module, but you DO happen to find a box of 6 relay couplers while digging around! This kind of device is used to link multiple devices together so as to receive and transmit data on a network. You already have an integrated one so you can talk to your fellow AI's, but these might come in handy for creating remote-controlled devices like drones, for instance.
-----
kittens, Dustan Hache, 333, CIWLEAL and King Zultan are all at the fort.
0cra_Tr0per and TricMagic are at the portal device.
-----
Quote from: Characters
ziizo (333)
The Canadian Kitten (kittens) [Covered in petrol-soaked bird feathers]
Dustan Hache (Ongoing_Directives.bat) [Translator]
King Zultan (Bob Mk III)
TricMagic (B.B. 8) [Bionic arms, legs, chestplate & head (+1 to actions requiring hand dexterity/grip. +1 to damage resistance rolls.)]
NatureGirl1999 (CIWLEAL)
0cra_tr0per (dominustrex.exe) [Mismatched bionic limbs (You look like a hideously deformed ape walking backwards on its fingers; no bonus or penalty)]

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2020, 11:39:43 pm »

This will not do. It seems we will need to stop these hostile drones to safely evacuate the key.
Attempt to communicate with the hostile systems and breach their wireless security. If that is not possible, attempt physical interfacing.
 If i can seize control of one or more of the drones and turn them on the other incoming drones, we might be able to buy enough time to retrieve the key and complete our secondary directive. Also, capturing one of the drones for weaponry would be excellent.

I see we are on a rimworld. Randy have mercy, for the scythers, lancers, centepedes and pikemen mechanoids will not.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:46:17 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2020, 12:11:24 am »

I see we are on a rimworld. Randy have mercy, for the scythers, lancers, centepedes and pikemen mechanoids will not.
Dustan nailed it. XD  Maybe I shouldn't have made it too obvious, but hell with it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2020, 01:51:45 am »

Follow the people into the fortress to get the key.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2020, 07:00:44 am »

Get inside the fort and go towards the beacon’s locations, likely where the key is

((I’ve never played Rimworld, so there’s no worries of meta gaming here))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 07:32:29 am by Naturegirl1999 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2020, 07:27:55 am »

"Go for the key I will try to give you more time"

Rush towards the downed Scythe enemies and Fuse with/Absorb them, so I can fight them more efficiently.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2020, 12:38:53 pm »

Personally I like this twist Xvareon, and I look forward to seeing what other sources of inspiration you have, blatant or not.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6