Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64502 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #615 on: June 28, 2020, 09:57:58 am »

Notices
goddamn heatwave is making it hard to do stuff, brain is addled and constantly tired.

Rolls

The University's project funding vote
Code: [Select]
in order: A new Red Leaf Strain, Synthetic Chaos Crystals, Healing Waters

3d20=8+8+9

Despite intense debate, the university could not reach an agreement, on which of these projects to undertake, even by vote, as 13 of the 17 archmagi voted to not undertake ANY of these projects as all of them would require resources beyond what the University is willing to commit. 2 voted to undertake the project to produce the "Healing" waters, "Healing" though was an euphimism for Chaos poisoned water, at least thats what the original brief on the project suggested, and indeed, experiments had been performed on this idea, experiments that resulted in the death of several researchers. 1 voted for the project to attempt to refine the Red Leaf Disease. And finally 1 voted for the project to try and create Syntheric Chaos Crystals, perhaps still in vain hope that Chaos Crystals could be synthesized.

Instead the University will be looking into the potential of finding another cure to the Purple Leaf Disease or a substitute to the limiting factor, Chaos Crystals, to do that however, they must find out what about the crushed Chaos Crystals in the drug make it so effective against the disease.

Year 291.5
Refugio Guerra, inspired by the Lizardmen, is delighted with the Idea of an air Shop and Begins their own construction of a humoungus Transporter ship.
((did you mean a Sky-Ship or just a normal, very large ship? If you mean a Sky-Ship, then sadly RG is too small to put a Skydock onto(literally, there isn't enough territory to fit the icon into)

The Lore explanation being that due to Refugio Guerra's location it would be impossible to manuver Sky-ships in and out of Refugio Guerra.))

Inlavar and the blue portal.
2d20=20!+1!The sputtering seems to be a temporary artifcact produced by someone passing through it, otherwise the portal is exceptionally stable, and will only close when whoever or whatever made it closes it themselves. However, the university's mages dont know even THAT much about the portal, infact portals are an almost totally unknown thing within the world in general, most of the Magi who see the portal, are seeing a portal for the first time. They can't even figure out what kind of energy it is emitting or how the heck it even works.
(A permanent portal has opened between Waterstone clan and The University's lands. Also portals are now formalized, and each portal network has a "Key" a small 5x5 symbol signifying to which portal network a portal belongs to.)

Ukalian Archwizards attempt to fight the Purple Leaf Disease
1d20=11The Archwizards from Ukalia greatly underestimated the hardiness of the Purple Leaf Disease, while the magic of the wizards is potent, the Purple Leaves bounce back from any attempt to remove them from a host with frightening speed if they are not removed completely and it is often hard to tell when a host is free of them.  The archmages make little headway in the grand scheme of fighting the disease and are unable to significantly slow the spread of the disease.

YEAR 292.8

The Menagerie of Oddities has been recieving many visitors, with many people admiring the Great Ruby. However for P. M. Martin and those who run the museum, a concerning thing has happened regarding the ruby. When the Ruby came in, it was inticrately cut and its surface perfectly smooth, however ever since arriving, the ruby's surface has been accumulating small imperfections, not pits or scratches, but rather tiny angular bumps, ridges and extrusions.

Summary
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map and Legend Updated (click to show/hide)

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 28, 2020, 10:15:52 am »

Year 293.4
The Waterstone Clan suddenly begin to colonise the island just off their coast, pushing a great deal of resource into fortifying it and digging a tunnel deep underground to connect to the original tunnels they came from. Rumours say that the Mithril Clan is fighting a coalition of Clans lead by the Ironswords clan in yet another attempt to expand their underground empire.

This is only the latest in a series of wars instigated by the Mithril Clan and is unlikely to actually threaten the Waterstone Clan, but the influx of more friendly dwarven refugees may see the Waterstone clan prosper and expand into the surrounding wild lands under the leadership of their Clan Chief Murbem.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:28:25 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 28, 2020, 11:11:43 am »

((remind me what the Mithril Clan is?))
Year 293.5
The Waterstone Clan has begun investigation of the portal from their side, after Inlavar went back through and mentioned its existence to the clan leader. Roll for how well they do.

The Great Scar University's Magi meet and, after a considerable amount of debate, decide to try investigating the portal again. Roll for how well they do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 11:15:43 am by IncompetentFortressMaker »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 28, 2020, 11:22:53 am »

((remind me what the Mithril Clan is?))
((Nothing that has been mentioned before AFAIK, though context implies they're a subterranean clan of the dwarves, as is the "Ironswords clan".))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 28, 2020, 11:23:14 am »

((Mithril clan is just a name I chose for one of the underground dwarven clans that have yet to make an appearance on the surface world. Figured I'd introduce and start fleshing out the dwarves a bit so someone can bring them onto the surface later.))
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 28, 2020, 12:36:30 pm »

Year 293.6- P. M. Martin, thrilled at the success of The Menagerie of Oddities and fearful of the strange defects forming on his centerpiece attraction, issues an open call for adventurers and relic hunters. By further investing his substantial wealth, Martin is able to attract interested talent to follow one simple goal: Scour the world for oddities, artifacts, and treasure, bring it back to the museum for pay and glory. Some head off on their own, while others pool their talents together. As a result, the first branch of the Adventurer's Guild is founded.

Meanwhile, Martin enlists the aid of a local alchemist to inspect the Great Ruby and possibly explain what is causing the imperfections. Roll for success     
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 28, 2020, 12:37:22 pm »

((Question about Aetherials, do they eat chaos energy?))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 28, 2020, 12:53:30 pm »

((Question about Aetherials, do they eat chaos energy?))

((I like to think that they don't "starve" without it, but for sure they're more powerful and stronger in any place with plenty of ambient Chaos energy.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 28, 2020, 01:38:52 pm »

Year 293.7-294((Don’t know how long it would take to get to/from the Black Quagnate/Dalai))
The king and queen of Thairmar legalize Vision Dust, send a diplomat to the Black Quagnate to try and get them to give Thairmar chaos crystals for the production of Vision Dust to cure the Purple Leaf Disease, while in return Thairmar will send an army to assist Kagatai during the coming Crusade, since if things go wrong, the Chaos Dragins could go extinct, which would mean no cure for the Purple Leaf disease. The diplomat promises that lands taken using Thairmar’s troops will belong to the Black Quagnate, not the Chaos Coalition. ((If you can’t tell, Thairmar’s getting desperate, since like half their lands are infected)) Meanwhile, some herbalists and botanists are sent to Dalai to figure out which herbs are used for Vision Dust production, and whether any of the herbs can be grown in Thairmar/already exist there. ((The plan with these is to hopefully start vision dust production in the western(not infected) part of Thairmar))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:18:32 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 28, 2020, 03:43:40 pm »

YEAR 294.1
Through contacts in Refugio Guerra and through simple observation of ships coming in and going out of Refugio Guerra, the builders of the Jahtari Sultanate that are working on building the sky-ship have determined that the ships of the Kingdom of Streamland are likely the largest and most advanced. One of their trading vessels has agreed to take some of them aboard, including a diplomat and his bodyguards, so that they could have an audience with Streamland's King to ask for the assistance of his nation's greatest shipwrights to aid in the construction of their sky-ship's hull.

Roll to see how well this goes

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 28, 2020, 04:06:18 pm »

Year 294.2
βασιλεύς (Basileus) is pleased as it begins to garner worship and praise from the Vasilikos. However, the serpents paltry sacrifices, and undersized domain do little to sate the Great Viper's enourmous stomach. Not merely for the sake of food itself, but the allure of yet greater evolution prickles at its mind.

It looks to the Monolith towering over the horizon, surrounded by the Bleg. Insolent beasts that treat the stone like a rote idol, and do not even think toward the secrets of life holds. Their flesh is not on Basileus' mind however, especialliy so considering their wariness to the lake isles.

To the Vasilikos it commands, 'The gift of brilliance, the gift of size, the gift of strength. To those whom treat me to the most meat of the Lizards to the north.' Words unspoken like the tongues of men, but understood no less.

The Jahtari too were children of the Monolith, and Basileus hungered, yearned to grow closer to the dark stone's source of power. Carefully, the rapidly growing Vasilikos attempt to pick off and steal away solitary or small groups Lizardmen with their cunning hunt, and return them to the lake as meals. Without making themselves greatly known.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:12:17 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 28, 2020, 06:06:19 pm »

((βασιλεύς-- emperor. βασιλίσκος-- plurality of the emperor. What lovely linguistics. :))))

Year 294.5
A strange alteration begins in the heart of the Great Ruby, some time after its foray under the alchemist's lens: a steady increase of size by perhaps half a centimetre every year. Its bumps and ridges continue to develop, converging in unsettling patterns along the gemstone's surface.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 28, 2020, 06:34:58 pm »

((βασιλεύς-- emperor. βασιλίσκος-- plurality of the emperor. What lovely linguistics. :))))

Year 294.5
A strange alteration begins in the heart of the Great Ruby, some time after its foray under the alchemist's lens: a steady increase of size by perhaps half a centimetre every year. Its bumps and ridges continue to develop, converging in unsettling patterns along the gemstone's surface.
((will you let me continue onto this, or would it probably take longer?))
Year 294.5
Eventually, one of the dents fills with an orange eye, to the alchemist, it looks like just an orange piece in the dent, but whatever stirs within the ruby is now looking back
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:00:46 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 28, 2020, 06:58:15 pm »

((Anyone can alter anything-- go wild. Maybe tack a year-number onto your post tho?))
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 28, 2020, 07:02:20 pm »

((I put it as the same time as the heart of the ruby is growing, I think the heart is the orangish part on the inside?))
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76