Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 32508 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2020, 01:20:24 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2020, 07:06:51 pm »

SORRY ABOUT THAT. THANK YOU FOR WAITING.
YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE I'D DO ANYTHING BUT GET ON THE HIGH-RESISTANCE SWOLEBROTHER BIKE PROVIDED BY MY SWOLEBROTHER AND START BIKING.
WHY WOULD I DO IT ANY OTHER WAY?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2020, 02:37:20 am »

Fish for money while aggressively pointing at coffee on the menu. If it turns out I don't have money on me, point more threateningly.

[1d6 = 3]

As it turns out, you don’t have your wallet, but you do have a few spare bills, enough to pay for a coffee.
The barista relaxes, takes your money, and serves you a coffee.

(Goal “Get a coffee” completed. You may add up to two goals. You may remove up to one goal. You may choose a related benefit approximately equal to “achievable for a human with above-average potential and a year of work” applied to a narrow area.)

(That's fine.  Just wanted to indicate some kind of direction in case of overshoots.  Also that reroll power is like really super paying off.  ;-p)

I think that counts as completing the goal 'Acquire Dinosaur Fossil'

Two new goals:  Acquire New Species of Dinosaur Fossils (Short-term, Easy) and Produce Viable Dinosaur Genetic Material. (Medium-term, Moderate.)

Lets try again to hire that geneticist, this time with at least a semi-equipped lab and dinosaur fossils to sweeten the deal.

(Indeed.)

(It… it does count as completing that goal. My apologies for not noticing that. You may choose a related benefit approximately equal to “achievable for a human with above-average potential and a year of work” applied to a narrow area.)

[1d6 = 5]

With an actual laboratory for him to work in, and the dinosaur fossils for him to work with, the geneticist is much more willing to change employers. There is a certain amount of paperwork involved, but that ought to be completed soon. What would you like the geneticist to work on?

(Goal” Hire geneticist” completed. You may add up to two goals. You may remove up to one goal. You may choose a related benefit approximately equal to “achievable for a human with above-average potential and a year of work” applied to a narrow area.)

Excellent no one stole any of my stuff while I was gone, and with everything packed into my bag it is time to set out on my journey but first we have to make a stop at a liquor store and buy a bottle of the cheapest booze I can.

[1d6 = 4]

You buy a bottle of very cheap booze, but, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. You’re honestly not sure if it can even be described as alcoholic without running afoul of truth in advertising laws.

*SPEAKS IN BUBBLE* "DO YOU THINK THIS WILL STOP ME!? NO! I SHALL SUMMON RED BEAM FROM MY EYES AND BREAK THE GLASS!"

[1d6 = 2]

You stare menacingly at the glass, and energy emanates from your eyes at the speed of light. But not a lot of energy. Judging by the interest of the fish in the spot you’re looking at, it’s closer to a laser pointer than a death ray.

The demon teaches spells to inflame different types of Lust in targets and crowds. Tim listens, dreaming of passing on her admiration of Fire to an entire city.

Second Circle is for those condemned by lust, be in blood, carnal, or Fire!

[1d6 = 1]

You ask to learn a spell to inflame passion, but your phrasing is… imprecise. Your teacher interprets it as a proposition, and is very unimpressed. She gestures, and a pulse of demonic magic unceremoniously returns your soul to its body on Earth.

Well… at least you’ve still got the demonic cultist books! And you can read them now!

Try moving to the Desktop so I appear as an icon

[1d6 = 2]

You try to move to the Desktop, but you are blocked from doing so. It seems that TF2Sniper has configured the Desktop folder to prevent anything from being moved there without his permission.

SORRY ABOUT THAT. THANK YOU FOR WAITING.
YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE I'D DO ANYTHING BUT GET ON THE HIGH-RESISTANCE SWOLEBROTHER BIKE PROVIDED BY MY SWOLEBROTHER AND START BIKING.
WHY WOULD I DO IT ANY OTHER WAY?

[3d6 combine top 2 vs 1d6 with higher baseline = 1,4,6 combine top 2 vs 6 with higher baseline = 4+6 vs 6 with higher baseline]

You get onto your high-resistance bike, and start biking. Hm. Actually, it really is high-resistance. It’s definitely a strain pedalling all this distance. As you near the end of the bicycling portion, you notice MUSCLUS coming up behind you, reducing your lead. You can tell that he’s tired too, but as you arrive at the beginning of the marathon course, you know that even still you’ll have to do your best.

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2020, 03:42:59 am »

(Both?  I intended to only pick two goals with that first one.)

If I get a benefit from the first one, Inner Vision. +1 to all attempts to recruit people for projects related to achieving one of my long-term goals.

For recruiting the geneticist, +1 to all genetic research involving dinosaurs.

Lets get to extraction, then.  Grinding them up, cooking them, multipliers, sequencers...

Working with the geneticist, and in my half-equipped lab, attempt to extract genetic material from these fossils.  If it succeeds, what species are we talking about?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 03:45:13 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2020, 04:35:08 am »

"Need some stronger stuff, but stronger stuff requires money, guess its time to go make some."
Leave the liquor store behind and look through alleys and abandoned buildings for a rat, then change that rat into a rat man so it can help me in my future money making ventures.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2020, 12:40:52 pm »

Try moving to the TF2 folder

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2020, 12:54:07 pm »

"aww.."

Look into the books for sacrificial rituals to grant Inordinate Powers.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2020, 01:40:00 pm »

*Curse in bubbles!*"Damn it all to hell! I will defeat you glass..."

Meditate to the great N'kyima to bestow me enough strength to escape from this tank.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2020, 05:01:09 pm »

+Focused. Any roll for an action which requires focus can be rerolled, once, on a 1. After using the reroll Salsa becomes Unfocused and can't reroll again until she regains focus somehow, generally by resting.

New goal: Go home to my family. Short Trivial.
New goal: Find out who killed me. Medium Moderate.

Erase goal: Age of Emptiness.

Having poured a hot liquid down my dead throat, have a walk around town to clear my head.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2020, 05:41:29 pm »

I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!
CONTINUE THE RACE TO THE END, CHANTING SWOLEBROTHER'S OATHS ALONG THE WAY.

AND DON'T STOP, EVEN SHOULD MUSCLUS OVERTAKE ME. THERE IS NO HONOR IN GIVING UP.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2020, 03:37:44 am »

(Both?  I intended to only pick two goals with that first one.)

If I get a benefit from the first one, Inner Vision. +1 to all attempts to recruit people for projects related to achieving one of my long-term goals.

For recruiting the geneticist, +1 to all genetic research involving dinosaurs.

Lets get to extraction, then.  Grinding them up, cooking them, multipliers, sequencers...

Working with the geneticist, and in my half-equipped lab, attempt to extract genetic material from these fossils.  If it succeeds, what species are we talking about?

(I’m not quite sure what you mean. There’s probably no need to worry about it.)

(Done.)

(Done.)

[1d6+1 = (4+1) = 5]

You are by no means a geneticist yourself. But all scientists need lab assistants. With your help, he extracts a small amount of genetic material from a fossil. Due to the unprecedented nature of this undertaking, there’s no way to identify the species from the genetic material, but the paleontologist identified the fossils as being from a Richardoestesia gilmorei. However, the genetic code obtained so far is by no means viable; the DNA that was extracted is incomplete and decayed in places.

"Need some stronger stuff, but stronger stuff requires money, guess its time to go make some."
Leave the liquor store behind and look through alleys and abandoned buildings for a rat, then change that rat into a rat man so it can help me in my future money making ventures.

[1d6 = 5]

You find a rat. You transform that rat into a rat man. Afterwards, presumably, comes profit. But… how?? How is a rat man going to help you?

Try moving to the TF2 folder

[1d6 = 3]

The process is a little convoluted, but you manage to move yourself into the TF2 folder. You will be ran whenever TF2 is run. The question is, what will you do when that happens?

"aww.."

Look into the books for sacrificial rituals to grant Inordinate Powers.

[1d6 = 5]

You discover a ritual, the effects of which seem perfect for your purposes. It: Blankets a large area, certainly bigger than your village, with hellfire. Condemns to hell the souls of everyone who dies from that hellfire. Captures part of the hellish energy generated by the descent to hell of those souls. Infuses the caster of the ritual with that hellish energy, to varing but controllable effect.
Unfortunately, the requirements are… demanding. You need “the knowledge of a demonic word for hellfire”, “the emotion of anger, bottled in gaseous form”, “six moonstones of near-equal size, each exhibiting asterism and at least as large as an eyeball”, and “the blood of the person to be the center point, given willingly”.

*Curse in bubbles!*"Damn it all to hell! I will defeat you glass..."

Meditate to the great N'kyima to bestow me enough strength to escape from this tank.

[1d6 = 1]

You meditate, and you feel N’kyima’s eldritch perspective flow through you. The tank can be described as a two-dimensional surface in a three-dimensional world, separating an “inside” from an “outside”. But what is the difference between “inside” and “outside”? Enlightened, you realize that it is not the case that you are inside the tank and wish to escape it. Instead, it is the case that you are outside the tank and wish to enter it.
… wait, that doesn’t help you at all.

+Focused. Any roll for an action which requires focus can be rerolled, once, on a 1. After using the reroll Salsa becomes Unfocused and can't reroll again until she regains focus somehow, generally by resting.

New goal: Go home to my family. Short Trivial.
New goal: Find out who killed me. Medium Moderate.

Erase goal: Age of Emptiness.

Having poured a hot liquid down my dead throat, have a walk around town to clear my head.

(Done.)

(Done.)

(Done.)

[1d6 = 2]

You walk down bustling streets and not-so-bustling streets. But neither noise nor silence drown out the worries in your head. What happened that night? What does this mean for you? What will you do now?

I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!
CONTINUE THE RACE TO THE END, CHANTING SWOLEBROTHER'S OATHS ALONG THE WAY.

AND DON'T STOP, EVEN SHOULD MUSCLUS OVERTAKE ME. THERE IS NO HONOR IN GIVING UP.

[3d6 combine top 2 vs 1d6 with higher baseline = 3,2,6 combine top 2 vs 4 with higher baseline = 3+6 vs 4 with higher baseline]

All throughout the marathon, MUSCLUS slowly closes the distance. You are exhausted, but your SWOLEBROTHER’S OATHS sustain you. With MUSCLUS a quarter of a minute behind you, you cross the finish line.

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

The extreme rolls are back, I see.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2020, 06:14:17 am »

Now that I have rat friend we shall set forth on our money making venture by first obtaining a shopping cart, then scouring the alleyways for used aluminium cans.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2020, 11:03:19 am »

When TF2 is run, and chat is being used, begin chatting “hello TF2Sniper” until TF2Sniper replies, then try to continue conversing
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:46:49 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2020, 11:44:16 am »

Goldie snapped from my mediation, "Ugh!! I need to calm down and plan my escape."

Goldie swim to his plastic rock home at the bottom of the tank. Goldie will take this time to observe the room outside his tank. He know that little girl should be here soon.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2020, 04:30:33 pm »

REVEL IN MY VICTORY, BUT ONLY FOR A MOMENT. AFTER THESE KIND OF FEATS, ALL INVOLVED NEED TO REST AND RECUPERATE. MAYBE HAVE AN ELECTROLYTE-HEAVY SNACK. HAPPILY SHARED WITH MY RIVAL, OF COURSE!
...WAIT A MINUTE.
CHECK TO MAKE SURE I PACKED THOSE ELECTROLYTE GUMMIES. I KNOW I BOUGHT ENOUGH FOR BOTH OF US, BUT I CAN BE FORGETFUL SOMETIMES.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18