Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 125920 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2020, 02:47:47 pm »

Did you read the scroll it dropped? That's what gives it.

Alright, that was the final step I missed.  Thanks.

Anyone else wonder why iron hunting bow is the recommended weapon, when timber hunting bow does slightly less damage, but has nearly double the attack speed?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2020, 03:50:00 pm »

Did you read the scroll it dropped? That's what gives it.

Alright, that was the final step I missed.  Thanks.

Anyone else wonder why iron hunting bow is the recommended weapon, when timber hunting bow does slightly less damage, but has nearly double the attack speed?

Is it? From what I've seen Spears of any kind are the recommended weapon, higher DPS and costs less materials then any other weapon.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 13, 2020, 04:08:38 pm »

Spears are the recommended artifact.

Hunting bows are the recommended weapon, since only outers really care about weapons and having them able to attack from a distance is kinda crucial.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2020, 04:16:54 pm »

Spears are the recommended artifact.

Hunting bows are the recommended weapon, since only outers really care about weapons and having them able to attack from a distance is kinda crucial.

Ah gotcha, guess I confused "weapon" with "artifact" even though they're entirely different cause I almost always just use inners with artifacts to fight lol. Hunting bows are the ones that knock people unconscious right? I know there's 2 kinds of bows and one only knocks things out, really useful for taming animals when you want to.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 13, 2020, 05:29:58 pm »

The other important reason to arm your outers with bows is that most of the high-level enemies fly or hover, and melee-wielding outers straight-up can't even target them.

Not that you want your outers getting close enough to most of those threats to attack them (most likely they'll be one-shot if they draw aggro), but early game having a half-dozen outers helping out against the starting map demon (or similar-level threat) can make the difference in draining its Qi and causing damage before your weak inners start dropping.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 13, 2020, 05:31:13 pm »

Hunting bows do knock folks out, with a brain iniury that stacks itself up. Beyond animals, the incrementing debuff makes it one of the better ways for outers to contribute to an inner fight or something that's got stuck in trying to eat the puppy, since as far as I can recall the debuff stacks up even through qi.

Near as I've noticed, though, as long as it's a decent weapon the exact form is actually kinda' whatever in practice. Bows get recommended because they're mono-material and ranged, spears because they're the most efficient for the primary material.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2020, 05:43:28 pm »

Near as I've noticed, though, as long as it's a decent weapon the exact form is actually kinda' whatever in practice. Bows get recommended because they're mono-material and ranged, spears because they're the most efficient for the primary material.
Nah, each material and item type used to make artifact give different stats, eg. some are better in attack damage, some are better in attack speed, etc. Since some stats are more valuable (eg. more max artifact qi isn't very helpful and at times actively harmful, while more speed or damage are both exceedingly useful) it stands to reason that some items are just better to make artifacts out of.
I don't have any clue about the actual breakdown by item type/material, but I'm fairly sure that there are stat reason spears are picked and it isn't just them being cheaper as the same post also recommended some non-weapon items to make artiacts out of as well.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2020, 05:52:49 pm »

Yea, I haven't seen someone write up a guide/table for materials for weapons but the materials do affect stats. I've looked around on both the official discord and the discussions on the steam page, seems Spears are chosen as recommended because no matter the materials it's typically at the least decent overall, depending on whether you want Damage or Attack Speed the most, alongside taking the least materials out of all of the weapon types to make, making them more cost efficient.

Edit: also apparently spears mechanic on delivering damage is the best overall? Like for example Chakrams mainly just give cuts, so having high damage low attack speed on a chakram makes it crap, but high attack speed with any kind of damage makes it good. That's an interesting tidbit someone posted about.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 05:57:06 pm by Unknown72 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 13, 2020, 06:07:56 pm »

Ah, yeah, artifacts matter more. Outer disciple weapons, though, from what I've seen actually playing, just... aren't actually particularly different so long as you hit the named stage of things.

Material matters a little (though you probably don't want to go beyond maybe spirit stone or whatever, in practice), but an outer'll kill something about as quick with a bow as they will a chakram as they will a mace or spear or sword or blade, if the quality is about the same. So that doesn't seem to be particularly important to worry about, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2020, 06:16:59 pm »

Yea that sounds about right, once you have enough Inners that are a decent level you'd typically not want your outers fighting anything except when hunting anyway. Especially considering since at that level you'd be fighting, at the least, core forming disciples and beasts.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 13, 2020, 06:34:21 pm »

Yea that sounds about right, once you have enough Inners that are a decent level you'd typically not want your outers fighting anything except when hunting anyway. Especially considering since at that level you'd be fighting, at the least, core forming disciples and beasts.

But, when non-cultivator level enemies attack, you don't want your inners to kill them or they'll get Condemnation.  So you still need your outers to at least be able to fight off trash raiders.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 13, 2020, 06:51:00 pm »

Nah, that's what the puppy's for. Murderous little fluffball can kill whatever with impunity, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 13, 2020, 06:53:40 pm »

Is there any law in particular that's good for a cultivator that I want to specialize in artifact crafting?

Also how relevant is passion for inner disciple skills? It seems like the only way to improve them is via inspiration XP and it doesn't seem like passion for the skill affects inspiration cost. I have a disciple with 2 stars in magic crafting & magic but 50% match for every law I currently have. Pretty frustrating.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2020, 07:00:59 pm »

Is there any law in particular that's good for a cultivator that I want to specialize in artifact crafting?

Also how relevant is passion for inner disciple skills? It seems like the only way to improve them is via inspiration XP and it doesn't seem like passion for the skill affects inspiration cost. I have a disciple with 2 stars in magic crafting & magic but 50% match for every law I currently have. Pretty frustrating.

Myriad Artifact Law, it's the Supreme Law for Artifacts and you can start with it for 5 points, it's really good.

Dunno bout passions, only that the higher Magic Crafting = Higher Artifact + Alchemy Skill, Higher Magic = High Spell and Protection, etc.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2020, 08:25:45 pm »

As unknown says Myriad Artifact Law is the king for artifact crafting. Eventually once you brain suck enough people a neutral law like Jade Purity or Primordial Talismans would probably be better.

Passion doesn't really matter at all. It 1) Makes them learn the skill faster, 2) Increases their initial skill in it as a outer by a few ranks, 3) Makes them happier while doing the task.

1 and 2 help, but if you just stick them tailoring a bunch or making a million things of medicine as an outer they get to 20 anyways eventually.
The main thing for 2 is it helps for stuff you can't rank up like qi sense... but it isn't any more helpful then just getting a decent roll on the skill anyways.

For medicine or alchemy I've come to the opinion that the starting skill ranks don't really matter that much and you just want to get a dude with good stats and qi sensing (and artisan for crafting) then just pay to rank the stuff up to 20 once they become an inner.
But if you want to start with a decent alchemy/artifact crafting skill then you want the dude to have a good magic crafting+medicine/craftubg skill.

E: Note that while the starting alchemy skill doesn't matter that much, their compatibility for crafting does, which means you want to either have certain stats high at the start or push them high using cultivation. A maxed out perception+int skill is the difference between 110 alchemy at rank 20 and 40 alchemy at rank 20.
Crafting 50% PER, 20% INT, 30% LUK
Medecine 60% PER, 40% INT
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 11:27:07 pm by lemon10 »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43