Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 124236 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2020, 10:18:04 pm »

And throwaway game became more throwaway...

Finally pushed someone to Golden Core!  And they died to a Qi Shaper.  Damn Resurrection Law and it's negative Qi breakthroughs.
What really killed my Golden Core is that I had them cast Firestorm without enough reserve Qi, so instead of draining the enemy's Qi, their Qi dropped to zero.
Nobody else was in the fight (remember, this play through I've gotten no pets), so a lucky hit by the enemy's artifact pulverized my Golden.

The character that had kept my interest, Liu Bei, also died.  This was after having gone Nirvana Pill, and being rerolled from the Reincarnator's default.

One outer is laying in the ground as the only survivor onsite.  I expect an artifact hit to kill them off, as the raider is hitting the buildings nearby.

My remaining sect member is one Inner that I was hoping to Golden Core in the Summer (Earth, Heaven Stealing Law).  Great stats, horrible Qi sense skill, Yaochin with tribulation in 22 days.  Actually had zero Qi sense, I basically made them an inner because their stats were good and I was curious how much Qi sense they would get with the Earthmother +5.  Not bad actually due to having such high starting Constitution (10!).  I guess Qi Sense total of 20 isn't awful.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2020, 11:49:28 pm »

Myriad Artifact Law, it's the Supreme Law for Artifacts and you can start with it for 5 points, it's really good.
Is there any way to get this without starting with it?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 14, 2020, 12:08:48 am »

Myriad Artifact Law, it's the Supreme Law for Artifacts and you can start with it for 5 points, it's really good.
Is there any way to get this without starting with it?
Yes, three ways; the same for pretty much all the advanced laws.
1) Be very lucky and get one when you open a stone casket (or save scum).
2) Win the crafting competition at Kunlun. Note that if you win with a GC cultivator you get 3000!!! rep, and 800 for a win with a PS, which certainly isn't with it for a GC cultivator.
3) Get lucky and get a "Manifesting mandate event" (only 1/7 chance it will be MAL though, but every single one is very helpful) and send someone with at least 100% law compatability.
Note that you can force method 3.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2020, 12:54:06 am »

For Lifespan increasing skills Heaven Stealing works as a good starter law overall. All of its breakthroughs are 100% but require small amounts of Lifespan, of which if you take the lifespan skills in it you typically have around 100-300 years to spare, and one of its Golden Core skills multiplies your base lifespan by 5, typically pushing you into the thousands. I've found this to be one of the best starting advanced laws as a result, due to how easy it is to breakthrough and let's you spam Derivative Calculation and other lifespan costing miracles. Though it's good as a base Advanced Law, its not really that good at anything else, it doesn't have anything for crafting and alchemy, nor barely anything for spell power and Max Qi, it's pretty much a generic All Rounder Advanced Law that needs to use skills from other Laws to specialize. So you'd be supplementing your Heaven Stealing Cultivator with skills from the other 5 Basic Laws once you unlock them from the Taiyi event, which can bump up your Inspiration costs by quite a bit.

Course that's just all my opinion, I've just found it to be the best as a good starting Advanced Law.

On an unrelated note I recently discovered a cultivator clothing mod but it's not really well written and seems a bit OP, so I've been thinking about making my own similar mod but more balanced and much higher variety.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2020, 01:06:06 am »

In case anyone was curious, I fixed my play through up a bit.  Recruited the Panda Brothers for some base defense, and used Agency Recruitment to refill the sect roster.  The only thing I had done right was spamming Agencies.

One thing I'm not sure about is who would be ideal for Shendao Cultivation.  Maybe someone that isn't great for normal Cultivation?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2020, 01:08:45 am »

Note to self: watch the hell out when you're picking options that involve another sect.

Had the options of 'sneak around' or 'leave' - figured "hell, seems like a waste to just leave after travelling here for one and a half days; what's the worst that could happen?"

The answer is: the other sect finds you, pokes out your eyes and rips off all your limbs, allowing the remaining torso to make its way back to your sect. Oh, and your reputation with them goes down by -200, so they're probably going to retaliate against you.

Currently debating between kicking the torso out of the sect or scrounging up the 100k inspiration needed to learn regeneration (and hoping that my cruddy level VIII golden cores actually have enough Qi to cast it).

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2020, 01:25:02 am »

Note to self: watch the hell out when you're picking options that involve another sect.

Had the options of 'sneak around' or 'leave' - figured "hell, seems like a waste to just leave after travelling here for one and a half days; what's the worst that could happen?"

The answer is: the other sect finds you, pokes out your eyes and rips off all your limbs, allowing the remaining torso to make its way back to your sect. Oh, and your reputation with them goes down by -200, so they're probably going to retaliate against you.

Currently debating between kicking the torso out of the sect or scrounging up the 100k inspiration needed to learn regeneration (and hoping that my cruddy level VIII golden cores actually have enough Qi to cast it).

Yea, gotta be really careful with other sects, they're all stupid strong and highly perceptive. That's why if you're gonna steal or sneak you gotta make sure your cultivator has a really good sneak skill. Outright attacking other sects to destroy/subjugate them is generally not worth either imo.

You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2020, 02:21:53 am »

Sneak skill? Never seen that one.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2020, 02:32:49 am »

Yea there's an actual Stealth skill but I haven't seen much of anything use it aside from making an item with the effect in the mod maker content in the game itself.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2020, 08:02:44 am »

In case anyone was curious, I fixed my play through up a bit.  Recruited the Panda Brothers for some base defense, and used Agency Recruitment to refill the sect roster.  The only thing I had done right was spamming Agencies.

One thing I'm not sure about is who would be ideal for Shendao Cultivation.  Maybe someone that isn't great for normal Cultivation?
About the only recommendation I'm seeing is an int in the 5-7 range (you need 8 at some point, but want it lower later on, so high enough to boost to 8 for a bit but not too high is ideal), high luck, and decent social/qi sense/magic, particularly the social. So they're probably not going to be amazing at normal cultivation, no, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2020, 11:45:18 am »

Tip for anyone else who finds their sect unintentionally going evil:

If you leave all decisions on "user picks", and your sect has passed whatever the line in the sand is for the game to consider you at least somewhat evil (it happened to me right around when the game gave me the "Shady" achievement), the game will only show you evil choices going forward.

If you'd like to turn your sect around, go to the sect page and switch the interactions to "good". Bam - suddenly your cultivators are no longer roasting the spirits of babies in front of their parents for their sweet, sweet Qi before burning the town to the ground; opting instead to give the townsfolk some food and a good word.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:47:02 am by AlStar »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 14, 2020, 11:58:23 am »

Burying enemies can help steer back to goodness.

Although much like picking the good events, it's going to up your Rep, and you can't use a talisman to lower the rep gains.  Takes a while, I think its 20 good rep per buried enemy.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 14, 2020, 12:09:21 pm »

Does it still count if I'm burying them in ominous graves in the hopes that their corpses rise again as foul, undead abominations that I can kill for gems of suffering?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2020, 12:21:45 pm »

Does it still count if I'm burying them in ominous graves in the hopes that their corpses rise again as foul, undead abominations that I can kill for gems of suffering?
Pretty sure it does.  Killing the almost dying so you can bury them, the burial still counts.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 14, 2020, 08:50:31 pm »

Yea, I often use my outers to knockdown enemy inners that try to flee on their sword, instead of bothering my inners about it.  Inners with no Qi get rekt like any others.

Also, still have plenty of deaths caused by hunting bow spam versus humanoids.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43