Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 125875 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #390 on: January 24, 2021, 12:21:20 pm »

You can buy it from one sect or another, iirc (though I think there's also one or two that'll trade soul pearls if you get on their good side, which is several times better at cooling stuff). There's an easy few hundred in one or two of the northern areas, too, off the top of my head.

trading has been iffy, ive got no idea what to make for good money, so far I've been buying goldwood and turning it into bows for some slow profit. Also wondering if anyone has spiritstones for sale/trade aside form the merchant who randomly shows up.
If you want stupid money early on just make giant cotton farms and turn them into cloth, mostly. Cloth trades 1:1 with spiritstone and easily comes in amounts that get silly, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 24, 2021, 01:37:18 pm »

Also viable - spirit stone spears - turn 2 spirit stone and 3 wood into a weapon that sells for (IIRC) 35 or 40 spirit stones.

My question - what am I supposed to do with all these transcribed manuals I've got sitting around? They appear to be worthless for trading, and they take up a lot of room. Just burn them?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 02:03:51 pm by AlStar »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2021, 04:18:51 pm »

Killed my first demon beast today. Not the one that appeared on my starting map - it achieved a breakthrough(doubling its qi) too quickly after the puppy appeared and I couldn't kill it. I was exploring Mt. Fullmoon and very close to the village I get jumped by a demon wolf. Luckily, it was weaker and they lack a ranged attack; my gal has a 70-80 quality agility talisman and spirit traveler(or something, I forget the exact name), so she can simply outfly it and let the artifact do the work. 1 beast blood and 150 demon hide.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2021, 04:28:27 pm »

Killed my first demon beast today. Not the one that appeared on my starting map - it achieved a breakthrough(doubling its qi) too quickly after the puppy appeared and I couldn't kill it. I was exploring Mt. Fullmoon and very close to the village I get jumped by a demon wolf. Luckily, it was weaker and they lack a ranged attack; my gal has a 70-80 quality agility talisman and spirit traveler(or something, I forget the exact name), so she can simply outfly it and let the artifact do the work. 1 beast blood and 150 demon hide.

Be very careful where you store that beast blood :P

Edit: Speaking of being careful with storage. Anyone know if there's a way or a mod to filter storage areas so they don't contain certain items? My fridge gets cinnabar which doesn't expire added to it because of item type overlap and Beast Blood also ends up in the fridge which is... counterproductive.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 04:46:15 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2021, 05:07:56 pm »

Eh... you can filter elements, or do stuff like assign the whatever to a (out of the way, non-flammable) trade area. I tend to do the latter with beast blood. Not sure if there's something more specific than that, though...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2021, 07:27:12 pm »

For my beast blood I just made a storage area off a safe distance from anything flammable, set it to specifically match the item type and rarity of beast blood, and made it high priority. Haven't had any issues since.

But yeah, a mod to filter out specific items, or filter items by perishable status, would be helpful for keeping the freezer free of clutter.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2021, 09:18:21 pm »

My question - what am I supposed to do with all these transcribed manuals I've got sitting around? They appear to be worthless for trading, and they take up a lot of room. Just burn them?
Yeah, just trash them, which you typically do by using the smelt option since its the easiest and most hassle-free way to destroy things.
Edit: Speaking of being careful with storage. Anyone know if there's a way or a mod to filter storage areas so they don't contain certain items? My fridge gets cinnabar which doesn't expire added to it because of item type overlap and Beast Blood also ends up in the fridge which is... counterproductive.
You can specify restrict by type and tier and element which does allow you to put beast blood and phoenix feathers and crimson fruits in separate stockpiles, but... in general its just a pain in the butt.
I do really wish it was possible to restrict stuff better though; most notably I want to be able to break up talisman by type of talisman rather then having 100 talismans in a giant pile with long hard to read names.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:02:16 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2021, 09:49:40 pm »

Yeah, just trash them, which you typically do by using the smelt option since its the easiest and most hassle-free way to destroy things.

Or if you really want to squeeze out every ounce of value, just let them sit around until they absorb more qi, then smelt when you're out of space? Yegads, qi gathering landfill areas...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 25, 2021, 03:45:54 pm »

What's a reasonable expectation for a first golden core? It's the first time I'll be making one and right now on day 57 best I could achieve is tier 5. Not sure if I should hold on or just go with it.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 25, 2021, 04:45:39 pm »

5 is way better than my first attempt (I think I managed an 8). Mind, playing on hardcore, so I couldn't actually see what I'd get until I actually hit the button.

However, even that level 8 managed to majorly improve my sect - between training skills at a discount, providing +'s to inners cultivating under them, and faster map movement for adventures, the next generation improved drastically.

Long story short - 5th tier is good, especially for your first one.

IMO, getting an early first golden core is more useful than getting a strong first core.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 25, 2021, 05:11:42 pm »

Right now the season has 2 red circles for golden core creation, not sure if I should wait for winter to be done before I do it. Don't know if I risk the game difficulty creeping up and outpacing my progress. Still a total noob at this :P

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 25, 2021, 05:17:05 pm »

With just herbs, skills from your own law, 95+ mental state, ideal element, ideal season, good room quality, and qi regen pill/spiritstone, you should be looking at around 4th quality. You can probably push that up to 3rd with just shared passives from the other taiyi sect laws. If you can't wait for the proper season then 5th quality is a reasonable expectation. Doing any better will require help from existing highly ascended and trained characters.

You can always reincarnate later if you really want a do-over.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2021, 06:26:30 pm »

As long as you don't boost sect reputation, there's not really a difficulty jump over time. I would say to do those events in the world that pop up though-- I'm pretty sure that some of them that timeout are one-time-only or at least operate on a cycle longer than a realistic playthrough.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 26, 2021, 05:32:59 am »

Learned just now that even if the game shows you a 100% chance of breakthrough success, you can still fail.

EDIT: Could be a bug, it's still showing 100% even though they just broke through, despite not-quite-good time of day and mental state. And yes, they can actually attempt the next breakthrough that fast; my cultivation room is such that not only does their qi recover fully(granted, it's <1000 qi) before the breakthrough is even finished, but actual cultivation is fast enough that it took just a few hours between their previous breakthrough and hitting the limit for this one.

Might be because I stuck the beast blood in there to add (a lot?) more Fire to the room.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:02:44 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 26, 2021, 12:33:29 pm »

Anyone know what's up with inner combat? Even if I give an inner a bow, if they have an artifact they'll go in melee and seemingly proceed to dance in the enemy's face while the artifact does its thing. Not sure what's up with this. Enemy inners are smart enough to stay away while their artifacts do their thing, why can't mine not rush in melee with a monster that has no ranged attacks? Also, could it be that a shitty artifact is worse for combat than a good weapon?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43