Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 124260 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2021, 12:47:25 pm »

Learned just now that even if the game shows you a 100% chance of breakthrough success, you can still fail.

The breakthrough is a process which takes time, and is continuously influenced by all relative factors over the entire course of the breakthrough process. The chance shown is only based on the relevant factors at the moment that you are looking at it. So, if the factors change during the course of the breakthrough, then your final chances will change as well.

One of the most noteworthy factors early on is Feng Shui, which is constantly changing throughout the day. This is why it's best to start breaking through just as Feng Shui begins to improve, so that it will peak in the middle of your breakthrough.
And of course you should avoid making any changes to the decor of the room which might negatively impact the cultivator's compatibility during breakthrough.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 26, 2021, 04:24:35 pm »

Yin-Yang is what changes throughout the day. I think It's water/metal at night, and wood/fire at day, with earth being highest as these two change over. The season could also go down a pip if your breakthrough goes into the next day. Or maybe your guy's mental state dropped a pip.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 26, 2021, 08:05:03 pm »

Anyone know what's up with inner combat? Even if I give an inner a bow, if they have an artifact they'll go in melee and seemingly proceed to dance in the enemy's face while the artifact does its thing. Not sure what's up with this. Enemy inners are smart enough to stay away while their artifacts do their thing, why can't mine not rush in melee with a monster that has no ranged attacks? Also, could it be that a shitty artifact is worse for combat than a good weapon?
Yes, good weapons are better then sufficiently lame artifacts, especially on dudes that are themselves trash at using artifacts.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2021, 08:34:27 pm »

Inner should fight with their artifacts as long as they have qi, and only use their regular weapon when qi runs out. They need line of sight, so that may be why they move in close. They also need to be close enough for their artifact to reach the opponent artifact, so if your artifact has very short range they may have to move in close.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2021, 11:44:16 am »

I'd rather have outers use weapons.  It makes them highly vulnerable, but its an additive effect on the battlefield.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 01, 2021, 05:09:18 pm »

After spending some time in the Land of Illusions, I demolished my old guest rooms and built new ones. Each is Medium/Refined/Normal/Magnificent, costs just 10 spiritwood timber, 15 igneocopper bars, and a bit of Goldwood. Been getting +30-70 faction rep from each person I invite to visit my sect~

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 03, 2021, 02:30:28 pm »

Naturally I have to start my first sects on immortal with basically all additional difficulty sliders maxed. Being essentially a noob at this I fully expect to be wiped in due course, of course, probably many times. Losing is, indeed, fun. Much to learn, basically no max (or at least near-max) difficulty lets plays on youtube seems like, very much looking forward to those as seeing how people approach the challenge would be quite entertaining.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 02:38:22 pm by Mookzen »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2021, 06:03:24 pm »

Naturally I have to start my first sects on immortal with basically all additional difficulty sliders maxed. Being essentially a noob at this I fully expect to be wiped in due course, of course, probably many times. Losing is, indeed, fun. Much to learn, basically no max (or at least near-max) difficulty lets plays on youtube seems like, very much looking forward to those as seeing how people approach the challenge would be quite entertaining.

Protip: Your Inner Disciples can't die if they're not home.  You can go the way of the cockroach by routinely sending at least one Inner Disciple out to camp, so that they can recruit and rebuild the sect each time your home base and its residents get wiped out.  The game generally has a 3 day attack cycle, where you'll have about 3 days between each wave of attacks, give or take a few intermittent invasions.  You can probably limp along for several seasons using that.

Create summer clothing in spring and winter clothing in fall.  Basic survival priorities are very much realistic in that you first need shelter (enclosed room with beds) then water, then food.  While nobody will probably die from a lack of shelter unlike the other two things, they also won't do any work because they're miserable all the time, hence why its priority one.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 03, 2021, 06:57:09 pm »

Random visitor showed up. Visitor had a random garbage Law, the description of which explicitly stated you can only achieve the Core Forming stage with it. Yet the visitor was a Golden Core... quality 7.

Not sure if that's a colossal failure or impressive success.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 03, 2021, 08:17:31 pm »

Don't the vast majority of Golden Cores have that?  But yes, makes no sense.  I'd call it impressive success even if they had a quality 12 core.
Only way that I'd expect it to be possible is if one of those potions/scrolls that assist with breakthrough "pushed" the person past the barrier of understanding of their limited law into Golden Core.

...then again, if there are the rare "Doctors" practicing medicine without having gone to medical school, and "Lawyers" that never went to law school, then I guess its possible.  They're just didn't follow the Law.  :P

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 03, 2021, 08:39:38 pm »

...then again, if there are the rare "Doctors" practicing medicine without having gone to medical school, and "Lawyers" that never went to law school, then I guess its possible.  They're just didn't follow the Law.  :P

...I don't know if it's a pie or a pie in the face, but whatever you have coming, you deserve it. ._.

GC goes as far down as Q12? Even the first guy I ever made, before I learned how GC worked, was a Q8 (alllllmost Q7).
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 04, 2021, 12:42:42 am »

GC goes as far down as Q12? Even the first guy I ever made, before I learned how GC worked, was a Q8 (alllllmost Q7).

No, the lowest possible is Q9

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 04, 2021, 02:33:20 am »

I just survived a shapeshifting tribulation for the first time, and OMG! This big, brute of a wolf turned into an absolutely adorable little girl with wolf ears.
And to think, I almost turned her away when she first arrived at my sect just because of how she looked.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 04, 2021, 02:48:12 am »

I just survived a shapeshifting tribulation for the first time, and OMG! This big, brute of a wolf turned into an absolutely adorable little girl with wolf ears.
And to think, I almost turned her away when she first arrived at my sect just because of how she looked.

Wonderful :D

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2021, 05:23:07 am »

I'm on the cusp of getting my first GC. Right now, without any other preparations, it's giving me an estimate of a Q7 or 8. Hopefully, I can get that up(down?) to Q4 or even Q3. I have some ganoderma stocked, but not enough as winter has come and it's getting very hard to grow lingzhi.

I also have a bunny girl with 20 days before her tribulation, so I'm going to need to double my efforts on gathering GC-boosting items. Right now I have her repeatedly gathering meat from Nanping, both to delay the tribulation and because I did not realize just how fast food gets used in winter.

I also discovered 10 bottles of beast blood in my food/medicine storage. Oddly, this has caused the temperature in the fridge to drop to -110° rather than increase. I also have no idea where it came from, it certainly wasn't the (now GC with 19k of 12k qi somehow) demon bull that my map started with. It woke up, but it's far enough away to ignore. I am digging a lot(my agency in South Mt. has flood requiring 1000 brownstone), so maybe it was dug up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out the beast blood: I killed a fei a short while ago.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 05:29:27 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43