Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 19627 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2021, 09:02:43 am »

Headroom - Dormitory

Urban legends speak of a mythical figure dwelling in secret on this very landship, hidden away in one of the top bunks and only emerging once every hundred years to drain the knowledge of hapless mercenaries right from their skull.

Or so that was what Headroom wished they were, rather than a small, unassuming Zalak who had been putting off leaving the dormitories and actually talking to people. They weren't always this way, but it was the change in environment. Well, and the Catastrophe.

Somehow, only having the commonality of surviving the Catastrophe, something inside Headroom spoke to them to quit their job at Karlan and enlist in this fledgling company... which apparently hasn't agreed on a name yet? They have been putting off actually getting to know anyone but the person who recruited them, staying on their computer for the better part of this morning doing nothing but futilely staring at their drafts.

But now they have to head off to the Cafeteria- or the Storeroom if people were still eating off MREs. They were starving.

It's quite possible they'd engage anybody they run into in the Halls, lest people think they were some rando trespassing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2021, 05:33:48 pm »

Hooch - Training Area

Hooch glanced over at Remiel, wondering what he thought of Blitz. She was still pretty confused by the way the oni spoke, but she supposed it did take all kinds of people to make a good mercenary company.

"Well, if you haven't yet been to the Kitchen and Dorms, I'll show you. And if you need any help figuring out where the rest of the facilities are, just make sure to tell me." Setting her cleaning supplies aside (Luckily, she'd managed to get the mess she left behind cleaned up pretty quickly), Hooch began to head to where the Dorms were, glancing behind to make sure Blitz was following. If what she remembered was correct, it was the closer of the two.

Once the two were out of earshot of Remiel (assuming Blitz did follow her), Hooch asked, "So, uh, Blitzgott... mind if I ask why you talk like that? I mean referring to places in such a grandiose fashion? I mean, it's only the Training Area." Already she was thinking of ways it could be improved. Maybe punching bags, or more mats for safety? Replacing the bits of rubble with a proper training course at some point would be a good idea, too...

Blitzgott - Hallways

Blitzgott arched his one good eyebrow at the question. "Why? What do you mean, Boss? Surely, as our Leader you must recognize the Power inherent in certain Words, such as those you might use to Command. What you must also realize is that one can impart Words with Power through the application of Will. Through such acts of Will, one can attract the fickle attention of Destiny and achieve greatness."

Blitzgott made a mysterious gesture as he finished imparting his wisdom, but a loud grumble from the oni's stomach ruined any effect his little speech might have had. "I have understood such matters ever since I Awakened to the Truth of my true potential. An eye is a small price to pay for such Knowledge." Another mysterious gesture resulted in one hand covering his eyepatch.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2021, 06:51:27 pm »

Hooch - Hallways

Hooch still wasn't sure whether any of what Blitzgott said was true, but he seemed to believe it, and she knew it wouldn't do any good to stir up trouble by dismissing his beliefs. "You gained these powers after you lost your eye? What happened?"

Before Hooch could wonder if her question was quite polite - Blitzgott didn't seem too broken up about the incident, but perhaps he didn't wish to elaborate - Hooch noticed a Zalak moving down one of the halls towards them. Hooch waved a hand in greeting. "Hey there."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 14, 2021, 03:31:11 am »

Casimir - Armory
Velimir nods, working on his shield for a few moments more in silence, grunting as he adjusts a particularly stuck bolt. Finally loosening it to his liking, he responds. "Well, that seems awfully useful. I mean, if I could get my maintenance done just by shaking a stick and mumbling at this old piece of junk I'd have more time in the day to read or... Well, I suppose there's no bars we'll be near for a while... And we don't have alcohol in the stores for obvious reasons.... I guess it's just reading for now then."
The Sarkaz shrugs as he starts running the weapon through it's paces, shifting it between it's sword mode and it's shield mode a few times.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2021, 07:30:05 am »

Casimir - Armory
Velimir nods, working on his shield for a few moments more in silence, grunting as he adjusts a particularly stuck bolt. Finally loosening it to his liking, he responds. "Well, that seems awfully useful. I mean, if I could get my maintenance done just by shaking a stick and mumbling at this old piece of junk I'd have more time in the day to read or... Well, I suppose there's no bars we'll be near for a while... And we don't have alcohol in the stores for obvious reasons.... I guess it's just reading for now then."
The Sarkaz shrugs as he starts running the weapon through it's paces, shifting it between it's sword mode and it's shield mode a few times.
Ivanov shrugs in response, a slight hint of...disdain? Resentment? Buried somewhere in her tone of voice as she says, "With how long I've spent practicing to get this far? I'm not sure if you'd save all that much time if you learned how to do this really, and that's if you could use it in the first place." She casts her gaze at the black armor once more, and gently brushes her hand against the chest plate. Setting the can of oil aside as she seemingly finished up with her work for now.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2021, 09:07:51 am »

Headroom - Hallways

Headroom's ears perked up as they saw someone wave at them. It was somebody they recognized! Two of them, in fact!

Well... they haven't really formally introduced each other, just some faces that Headroom remembered in the fiasco that led to them signing up here. They're not even sure which of them thought to found this company and negotiate with Karlan about it, though...

"Oh, uh, hi! We've met before, I think? I was Karlan's media person," Headroom coughs, stalling a little as they consider bringing up the Catastrophe and shooting down the idea.

"I'm Chen Changjiang. Headroom."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2021, 01:32:16 pm »

Kagura- Landship Halls

"Oh, those? The current dorms should be..." Kagura started, trailing off as she looked down each hallway, trying to mentally plot the layout of the ship and where they were, "... Down that hallway, to the left,  two intersections straight, stairwell down, and then the first door to your left when you're there. It's a bit rough right now, but we'll refurbish the ship to be a bit more comfortable when we get the chance."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2021, 01:51:31 pm »

Casimir - Armory
Velimir looks at the Ursus woman out of the corner of his eyes for a moment before shrugging, deciding not to push. "Well, I don't know what goes into learning how to use arts. Was always more of a physical guy and well, not like I knew anyone that could teach me."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2021, 11:17:19 pm »

Hooch - Hallways

Hooch nodded at Headroom as they introduced themselves.

"I'm Justine Black, but you can just call me 'Hooch'. Good to be working with you." Hooch was sure she'd seen Headroom somewhere before CES was formed, when she'd been making negotiations with Karlan, but she wasn't sure where exactly. Hooch gestured to her friend.

"This here is Blitzgott, an operator who's also going to be working with us. I'm just showing him around the ship. That there's the dorms -" Hooch pointed towards the doorway Headroom had been walking away from -"And the Cafeteria's not far. I'll show you the way."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2021, 10:14:24 am »

Headroom - Hallways

Headroom nods, mentally filing away the two. They really wished somebody made a list of all the operators, but they're no stranger to networking either.
"Good to meet you, Hooch and Blitzgott," they nod and extend a hand.

"Oh! I was actually looking for a bite to eat too! Though I'm not sure if they'll finally have the cafeteria set up today..." the Zalak rubbed their stomach and smiled sheepishly.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2021, 08:54:25 am »

Casimir - Armory
Velimir looks at the Ursus woman out of the corner of his eyes for a moment before shrugging, deciding not to push. "Well, I don't know what goes into learning how to use arts. Was always more of a physical guy and well, not like I knew anyone that could teach me."
Stasi - Armory

"That's rough, not really much I can do to help there. Even if your Arts manifests in the same way as mine, it would take years to bring it up to something usable, even if your potential is high enough to be worth the training," Ivanov cooly notes, as she gently raises the barrel of her weapon up, and drags the armor onto its feet. "Or of course, you could focus on keeping yourself fit and healthy instead of trying to learn to cast Arts, which is probably more likely to pay off."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2021, 02:37:22 pm »

Velimir - Armory
The Sarkaz nods in response, giving his weapon on more check over as he starts to speak. "You're probably right, so I'll likely do that. Besides, I don't much see the point of learning arts anyway, just seems like a way to make up for what you aren't able to do with your own two hands." Velimir continues his check for a few moments more before he can visibly be seen processing what he just said.

With a cough he turns back to Ivanov quickly before speaking again. "Uh, no offense."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2021, 09:46:56 pm »

Blitzgott - Hallways

Blitzgott had been about to embark on the thrilling tale that was his original infection when they were interrupted by the arrival of a small, mousy-looking operator who called themself "Headroom". Fortunately, the oni's boundless confidence left him difficult to shake, and he smiled encouragingly at Headroom.

"So, you are our resident Purveyor of Tidings and News? It is good to meet you, small one. I am confident that you will be a great Asset to this band of Brethren. Or at least, you will be once we have some Sustenance in our bellies. One cannot go to Battle on an empty stomach!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2021, 08:18:26 pm »

Headroom - Hallways

"Ah, well, I'm hoping to be of help here, as well. I'm actually looking into that business with the Catastrophe, you know the one?" Headroom says, making note to act unfazed by what they assume to be Blitzgott's unique regional dialect, "People might call me a conspiracy theorist, but something seemed awfully off about it. And since our company was founded after that, we could possibly get into public eye by bringing that to light."

They begin making their way towards the Cafeteria.

"A-anyways, battle, right. I'm not much of a fighter... but here's hoping we get to see some action outside Kjerag."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2021, 12:26:53 am »

Hooch - Hallways

Hooch followed Headroom, frowning in thought.

"If you're talking about the one I think you're talking about... Well, I was there. It never should have happened in the first place. But I don't know if airing those suspicions openly will do us any good, especially at this stage. I think we should focus more on establishing ourselves before we try to put ourselves in the spotlight."

Sure, Headroom meant well, but what were they going to do, exactly? The group couldn't exactly return to the scene of the Catastrophe - especially not with their current obligations - and even if they did, whatever was left of Cristofo was probably gone or destroyed. Better to build up a reputation before pointing fingers or asking uncomfortable questions.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32