Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 11)  (Read 12747 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 8)
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2021, 02:11:56 pm »

Purify water with flames and give them to the seed.
3+2 and Secret Roll You purify the water and pour it over the ground. The tree starts to grow immediately at this contribution, changing from a sprout to a full on sapling in a matter of moments. One of the small branches bares a small white crystal - perhaps this is an easy way to get offerings for the Shrines. Do you want to collect it now, or let it continue growing?

Nature Aspect 47/50. Flame Aspect: 43/100.
The Arcane Tree Seed that you planted is now an Arcane Tree Sapling. It bears 1 Small Wind Crystal.

Spoiler: Tim (click to show/hide)

"Jeff you seem really interested in nature magic, I wonder what you would say if you could talk."
Have Jeff continue to sit with me while I continue to study at the nature shrine.
2+2 "H̸̗̍e̴̹͂l̷͎͒ḽ̶̀ȍ̷ͅ ̴̹́f̸̺̀ŕ̶̳i̶̟͂e̵̜̎n̵̦͑d̴̨̾" says Jeff, its speech quite Eldritch sounding. You study nature some more with Jeff, and the brown orb glows with power as you feel like something unlocks inside of you...

Nature Aspect Rank Up! (1/100 EXP) You may now Manipulate Nature Magic.

Spoiler: Debby (click to show/hide)

Absorb the curse for dark powers
3-1 Nothing happens. Maybe that's not the way to remove a curse.

Decay Aspect 40/100.

Spoiler: Bones Malone (click to show/hide)

Continue the sacrifices! Blood for the Blood God!
1+1 You find little wildlife willing to even go near you at the moment. The spirit is displeased at this inactivity.

Decay Aspect 64/100.

Spoiler: Amon Antigonus (click to show/hide)

"Aye that I do," jovially with a hearty laugh Patrick lead his daughter to a pew and seated himself next to her, smiling at his little one "She blessed me with yer life and I cannae thank er' enough." he added thoughtfully. Looking closely the jolly old mage nodded knowingly at some unspoken thought.

"Méróg-Bheag? What would ye like teh do?" he asked his daughter as he looked askance to an outside facing window to see the time of day "As teh sunsets we'll need to rest fer another day of adventure alright, my little pebble?" Patrick told his daughter gently.

Patrick goes and does what his daughter wants to do, until sunset.
4+1 She seems to think for a bit at that. "I suppose I'd like to pick up some nice stones. I remember doing that for you before, so it's a nice memory." She sets about doing this with your help. You gather up a good amount of large stones, and for spending time with your daughter, you feel like something more has awakened within...

Stone Aspect Rank Up! (1/100) You can now Manipulate Stone Magic. Obtain Stone x10.

Spoiler: Patrick O'Henigen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 02:18:40 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 9)
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2021, 02:18:19 pm »

Look again! Sacrifice everything!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2021, 02:43:57 pm »

Dump curse on nearist mage

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2021, 03:07:29 pm »

After a long day Patrick and his daughter gather their findings and rest for the night, the old mage tells his daughter a bedtime story about the Goddess. The story being one which many parents told their children, yet this wasn't the usual cautionary tale but one of adventure and whimsy...
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2021, 06:15:23 pm »

Temperance, it is best to give it time to ripen like any fruit. A fully grown crystal would be a greater offering than a young one.

For now, I suppose seeing collecting wood and junk to burn to ash would be best. Preferable safely away from the forest.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2021, 03:34:15 am »

"Whoa Jeff have you been able to talk the entire time or did you just figure out how? Also I have learned much recently and it is time to award my self by going out and exploring the area around the temple."
Leave the temple and explore the area, see if I can't find any abandoned buildings or something to look through.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2021, 02:47:57 pm »

Another busy weekend. Here's the update.

Look again! Sacrifice everything!
3 You manage to find an animal that isn't stupid enough to run away. It dies the same as the others, leaving you only bones.

Alright, we've had our fun with the animals. Why not try a more intelligent test subject?

Decay Aspect 69/100. Gain 5 more bones.

Dump curse on nearist mage
4-1 You manage to transfer the curse onto the nearest student. Unfortunately for you, they appear to be a student of Flame, and aren't too happy with being cursed. They seem to have a white bird on their shoulder that gives off some kind of magic, and the aura of the curse soon dissipates.

"You've breached one of the rules of the Temple. As my right of the Goddess, I hereby challenge you to a duel."

Decay Aspect 45/100. Lost Curse.

You are now fighting Flame Student? with Bird Familiar.

After a long day Patrick and his daughter gather their findings and rest for the night, the old mage tells his daughter a bedtime story about the Goddess. The story being one which many parents told their children, yet this wasn't the usual cautionary tale but one of adventure and whimsy...
5 Your daughter is inspired by the tales of the Goddess adventuring around with her four friends, and how they sacrificed themselves to give the Goddess her power so that she could defeat a Great Dragon.

"Wow... That's such a cool story." You feel that She was pleased as well.

Gain 5 EXP in All Aspects.

Temperance, it is best to give it time to ripen like any fruit. A fully grown crystal would be a greater offering than a young one.
For now, I suppose seeing collecting wood and junk to burn to ash would be best. Preferable safely away from the forest.
3 You find some twigs and practice your fire magic on them, gathering up the ash to put into a pouch once more. The blossom continues to grow slightly thanks to your patience.

Flame Aspect 48/100. Temperance Aspect 5/50. You gain a Pouch of Ash.
The Small Wind Crystal grows into a Wind Crystal. It will ripen(?) next turn.

"Whoa Jeff have you been able to talk the entire time or did you just figure out how? Also I have learned much recently and it is time to award my self by going out and exploring the area around the temple."
Leave the temple and explore the area, see if I can't find any abandoned buildings or something to look through.
1+1 I̷͚͝ ̸̰̓h̸̛̤ạ̵́v̴̖̋e̴̹͐ ̸̖̐b̵͛͜e̸̛͉e̸̪͌n̸̩̿ ̵̰̂ȁ̶͖b̴͇̆l̶͕͐e̴̝͒ ̸̣̅t̶̛͉o̵̝͊ ̸̗́s̴͓̓p̸͇͊e̷͓̒a̷͓̍k̸̯̾,̸̧̊ ̵̯̓b̸̨̆u̷͎̅t̷͝ͅ ̶̹̍I̷͔͌ ̴̧̊t̴̙̑h̶̞͐o̶̱̔u̵̩̽g̵̖͂ȟ̵̪t̸̄ͅ ̵̗͂Ỉ̴̟ ̸͈̊m̸̮̊i̸͚͘g̸̘̾ẖ̷͠t̶̥͘ ̴̨̏f̸͎̃r̶͉̊i̷͔͌g̴̛͙h̵̰́t̸̺̊e̷̮͆n̴̫͛ ̷͙̈́ŷ̷̼o̶͇͛ù̵̫.̷͎͋ You explore the area with Jeff's help, but you don't find much of interest in this direction.

Nature Aspect 3/100.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 10)
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2021, 02:57:00 pm »

Wait Patiently. Meditate upon the meaning of Temperance. To temper the mind as well as the world.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2021, 03:24:51 pm »

I sneak attack the flame student who seems to be cursed by a fellow practitioner of decay, I of course use the shadows spirits power for this task. Think of all the experiments I could do with a human corpse. :)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2021, 03:55:57 pm »

Pump the student with so much decay she'll be a walking flesh blob

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2021, 06:14:22 pm »

The following morning at the crack of dawn, both Patrick and his daughter make their way to the altar of Stone. "Alrighty little pebble, we are goin' teh offer teh Goddess stone o' the earth one last time," he explained to Méróg-Bheag as he placed five stones at the base of the altar "Ye see, teh land is sick an' I want teh make sure no altar is desecrated cause o' teh foolish use of magic" stepping back the portly mage said looking around towards the other shrines.

Patrick offers x5 stones before the altar of Stone and bows his head in prayer.

"O' Goddess I offer ye these stones mine daughter an I gathered, may teh earth o' this shrine stay consecrated by yer love." finishing his prayer he looked down at his daughter with his usual smile.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 06:25:41 pm by Horizon »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2021, 03:31:07 am »

"You could have talked, I don't scare that easily."
Pick a different direction to explore looking for abandoned buildings, also look for any skeletons while we're out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2021, 09:30:24 pm »

Wait Patiently. Meditate upon the meaning of Temperance. To temper the mind as well as the world.
5You meditate at the Temperance Shrine, feeling like you gained some favor with it.

Temperance Aspect 15/50. Gain Favor Bonus on the Temperance Aspect (best of two dice on next Temperance action)
The Wind Crystal is now glowing. It is ready to be picked.

I sneak attack the flame student who seems to be cursed by a fellow practitioner of decay, I of course use the shadows spirits power for this task. Think of all the experiments I could do with a human corpse. :)
2 As soon as you approach, you feel yourself bouncing off some kind of force field. It appears that duels are sacred, and cannot be interrupted until one of the people dueling wins or surrenders.

Decay 71/100 EXP.

Pump the student with so much decay she'll be a walking flesh blob
3 vs. 5 You touch the student, managing to blacken her veins temporarily. She, on the other hand, draws a flame from her hand with ease and throws it on you. You are now on fire, and it is very painful.

"Surrender now, and I will show you mercy!"

Decay Aspect 50/100. You gain the On Fire Condition. (Must be put out in 3 turns or you will burn to a crisp.)
Flame Student gains Weakened Arm Condition.

The following morning at the crack of dawn, both Patrick and his daughter make their way to the altar of Stone. "Alrighty little pebble, we are goin' teh offer teh Goddess stone o' the earth one last time," he explained to Méróg-Bheag as he placed five stones at the base of the altar "Ye see, teh land is sick an' I want teh make sure no altar is desecrated cause o' teh foolish use of magic" stepping back the portly mage said looking around towards the other shrines.

Patrick offers x5 stones before the altar of Stone and bows his head in prayer.

"O' Goddess I offer ye these stones mine daughter an I gathered, may teh earth o' this shrine stay consecrated by yer love." finishing his prayer he looked down at his daughter with his usual smile.
3+1Your offering has been met in turn with another blessing, and it seems like the land is indeed healing a bit as you intended. Your daughter is inspired by this magic, and oyu can tell that she is looking up to you and wants to become like you.

"I wonder if I can do magic as well..."

Stone Aspect 13/100. Gain Major Blessing (Stone Aspect)

"You could have talked, I don't scare that easily."
Pick a different direction to explore looking for abandoned buildings, also look for any skeletons while we're out.
4+1 "I̸͔̊ ̵̬̿w̸̩̐i̶̜͗l̸̗͂ḷ̵͒ ̷͈̽k̸͉̒ë̶̩́e̷͎͗p̵͛͜ ̶̮̐t̴̒͜h̴̜̏ä̶͈t̴̰̉ ̶̠̎i̴͔͂n̷̗͝ ̷̲͋m̶͚͠i̶̡̛n̵̳̉ḓ̴͝.̸̮͆"

This time your search bears fruit. You find an old ruin of a building, which appears to be guarded by an Animated Skeleton. "Ì̷̪s̵͈͂ ̵̩̊t̴̞́ḣ̶͔i̸͙̇s̶̠̿ ̷̫̃a̵̰̅ ̶̬̉f̶̧́r̴̟̈i̶̮̊e̷͚͒n̷̯͠ḑ̶̆ ̶͔͐t̷̺͝o̶͙͆o̷͓̽?̴̲̾"

Nature Aspect 13/100. Found Ruin #1, Guarded by Animated Skeleton.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 11)
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2021, 11:14:58 pm »

"An I'll teach ye everything I know, in due time." Patrick laughed as he fished the rest of the stones from his overalls "Aye we'll practice at another altar, one teh to focus yer mind but first I must honor the Goddess's blessing by attempting a great feat in er' name" he tells Méróg-Bheag as he places each stone on the ground.

With the blessings he received and his newfound knowledge of Stone magic, Patrick manipulates the stones etching the symbols related to each category of magic. Once finished he raises his head to the sky and cries out "O' Goddess, I beseech ye' to let yer blessing flow into these runestones," he pushes each rock into the soil "As relics teh consecrate an' protect yer holiest of places, an this ere' temple." he spread his hands out flat releasing the blessings he received into the stones "Sink ye five stones an' let this land forever be protected by yer grace" he finished.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 11:37:40 pm by Horizon »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 11)
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2021, 03:07:23 am »

"I'm not sure if it's a friend or not."
Go over and try to talk to the skeleton and see if it'll let us pass into the ruin.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9