Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43968 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #420 on: June 01, 2021, 07:03:14 pm »

@Web: I understand, but you might as well vote someone else before you go.  I mean, at least when you're lynched, if you flip Town you tell us who ToonyMan's scum buddy is.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2021, 07:04:05 pm »

Lmao, you guys are really fucking stupid. I'm okay with it, vote me out.

Anyway, when I fucking obviously flip Town, please launch ToonyMan for being incredibly bad.

webadict

This is hilarious but premature. Day roughly ends in 2.5ish hours I think.

I don't even want to vote you, why are you giving up?
Feels like a ploy to spook town. I think this is a calculated move based on their actions through the day.

I honestly have got other shit to do, so if everyone's gonna suspect me, I don't really have time to deal with it, and we're gonna play merry-go-launch anyway, so let's just fucking end the day, hoooooooooooooly shit.
Alright, fair enough. The end of day lottery of who the wagon steers onto is kind of stupid.
I don't plan on sticking with the Web vote. If Web votes Blue again I'll switch back. I also strongly dislike big wagon swings an hour before day end.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 01, 2021, 07:11:15 pm »

Wow this is a messy end of day. I'd still rather lynch Bluarian, but IMO web's self-vote makes it look like it's both of them. I agree with Toony that it's probably calculated either way. I'm a little lost at this point but at least there'll be lots of interesting stuff to go through on Day 2.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 01, 2021, 07:12:05 pm »

Webadict

Join me Jack and Tric.
I don't plan on sticking with the Web vote. If Web votes Blue again I'll switch back. I also strongly dislike big wagon swings an hour before day end.

What are you trying to do, ToonyMan?

You got people to vote webadict with you and now you don't like it because webadict is voting himself?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 01, 2021, 07:13:02 pm »

@FallacyofUrist: I'm getting really confused by all this, any chance you might be able weigh in? I'd hate to lynch the wrong person.  I mean, Web's self-defeatist attitude sounds like a scum play, but Blue and ToonyMan seem like an realistic scumteam.  Please help.
Okay, sure.

BluarianKnight and webadict are the current wagons. Previous candidates included prefuzek, notquitethere, and TricMagic.

Webadict seems... unstable, like poorly playing audacious town. Playing like I used to a few years back, basically. I don't think he's the ideal candidate here. I think his emotions are genuine - and it sucks that we're even considering the possibility of that kind of defeatism being faked as a scum tactic in the first place. But that's mafia for you.

Notquitethere seems like a decent enough candidate, but he finally contributed some substantial scumhunting, and I don't want to punish that kind of behavior.

TricMagic's wagon was just based on him playing uncharacteristically well.

Prefuzek I still haven't dug into enough.

Toony is slightly more active.

Note that both prefuzek and notquitethere are on Bluarian.

Candidates absolutely nobody has considered for a lynch: me, Jim Groovester.

I don't think your reasoning for clearing Blue is substantial enough, but I do think there's more to the argument for not voting Blue than has been brought up.

Anyways bandwagon time! Let's go! prefuzek
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 01, 2021, 07:14:11 pm »

Oh thank god!

Unvote

Vote prefuzek!!!!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 01, 2021, 07:15:31 pm »

Webadict

Join me Jack and Tric.
What are you trying to do, ToonyMan?

You got people to vote webadict with you and now you don't like it because webadict is voting himself?
I was curious who was okay with killing Web today.

Anyways bandwagon time! Let's go! prefuzek
No. Also 1000+ scum points for pulling this exact shit in BYOR15 as mafia.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 01, 2021, 07:16:35 pm »

NQT is acting how I expect him to behave as town heading towards a mislynch. I haven't seen a solid case on him besides web's here. The SK case and FoU's case are truly awful. I wish I had more to say here but I'm running out of time.

People voting NQT: Can give you give your condensed reasoning for your vote?
Or, more simply, keep you alive and use you to lynch more town... You're smarter than this Euchre, think it through. You're in tunnel mode, twisting everything to fit a pattern you've decided upon. Step back a moment.

What reasons do you have for thinking Prefuzek is scum other than the fact I'm townreading them? When I flip town, are you going to go back to Tric... or?
Except this time I'm actually going to make a case. A pretty last minute one, but as you can see, there are some... similarities, here.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 01, 2021, 07:20:53 pm »

NQT is acting how I expect him to behave as town heading towards a mislynch. I haven't seen a solid case on him besides web's here. The SK case and FoU's case are truly awful. I wish I had more to say here but I'm running out of time.

People voting NQT: Can give you give your condensed reasoning for your vote?
Or, more simply, keep you alive and use you to lynch more town... You're smarter than this Euchre, think it through. You're in tunnel mode, twisting everything to fit a pattern you've decided upon. Step back a moment.

What reasons do you have for thinking Prefuzek is scum other than the fact I'm townreading them? When I flip town, are you going to go back to Tric... or?
Except this time I'm actually going to make a case. A pretty last minute one, but as you can see, there are some... similarities, here.

I understand time is limited and you're busy getting a push together, but with this above, are you trying to get me NOT to vote Prefuzek?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 01, 2021, 07:23:02 pm »

Bluarian - Had an OMGUS type vote on Jack (who admittedly wasn't making any sense) and then joined the Tric wagon for reasons unknown.
Of the three I've just looked at, I suppose I like Bluarian's play the least. Web has played wild, Toony has played soft, but Blu has played opportunistic. I will continue to cast the net wider as we move on to the end of the day. Jim next, then if I have time, maybe Tric or Prefuzek.
Bluarian
prefuzek - I haven't seen you around before, have you played this format before?
As in Roguelike? No. I've played forum mafia here a long time ago though, and I've been lurking on and off ever since.

Why have you done nothing today but echo other peoples points and push on a misplay by an obvious town player?

I understand time is limited and you're busy getting a push together, but with this above, are you trying to get me NOT to vote Prefuzek?
I'm saying to vote prefuzek.

NQT and prefuzek are both defending each other and attacking the same target, for starters.

I'll stake my (in-game) life on it. If prefuzek is executed today and isn't scum, then vote me off tomorrow.
Generic Arms Race.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 01, 2021, 07:25:09 pm »

The fact you aren't sitting on me is interesting..
Fuck it - Webadict.
You're around to vote Web, but not answer my question towards you?

Lmao, you guys are really fucking stupid. I'm okay with it, vote me out.

Anyway, when I fucking obviously flip Town, please launch ToonyMan for being incredibly bad.

webadict
lol

I'm on a phone. I've been keeping tabs and replying when I can

Seeing as you have no real will to push Web - alright, I'd rather not be lynched last minute because you decided to pull out.

FoU, I like your cut - and since I still feel Pref..

prefuzek

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 01, 2021, 07:26:54 pm »

I wanted to give NQT the benefit of the doubt, but maybe the wagon really was legit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 01, 2021, 07:27:49 pm »

Everyone I find suspicious is trying to steer a wagon onto prefuzek.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 01, 2021, 07:29:59 pm »

Everyone I find suspicious is trying to steer a wagon onto prefuzek.
You think FoU is pushing Perf now because pushing NQT didn't work?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 01, 2021, 07:31:13 pm »

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm going to inspect you and claim I got Mafia regardless of what I actually get.

I want you to realize that I am crazy enough to actually do that.
In that case I'm going to end this conversation, since I don't want to vote you today and I'm sure we'll have plenty to chat about D2.

BluarianKnight:
Right now it's NQT, Jack, and I'd say you, prefuzek. Though the last is more not knowing you to base reads off of, it just feels like a weird playstyle you're using.
*ALARMS BLARING*

WEEE WOOO WEEE WOO

Yeah, agreed - the fuck?
Mind explaining to me what you find so suspicious about this? And why you didn't follow up on it?

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm going to inspect you and claim I got Mafia regardless of what I actually get.

I want you to realize that I am crazy enough to actually do that.
In that case I'm going to end this conversation, since I don't want to vote you today and I'm sure we'll have plenty to chat about D2.

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: Webadict would totally claim to inspect you and claim they got Mafia regardless of what they actually get, then 2 hours later explain that they fully intended to give the true results. 

I want you to realize that he is crazy enough to actually do that.

He also tests people.  Guess what?  You failed!

OK? I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do with that information. I have to assume that if webadict is town, they're going to play in a pro-town way.

I'm guessing web's still just trying to see how flappable I am. I will not be flapped.

OK, my case on webadict:

First, town webadict is probably not actually going to follow through on his gambit, since if we don't lynch scum today that would lose town the game given two scum (three mislynches = town loss). web recognizes this. Now, compare that to the advice he's giving to EuchreJack this game:
Town players can suspect each other all day long. It doesn't make them not Town. Heck, I'm voting you, and I don't think you're scum. But, the problem here is that you're actively making the game harder by doing shenanigans.

I know it's hard to understand why my shenanigans are different. But, if you'd please, list out what my shenanigans were this game and how they contributed to the current gamestate, and then do the same for yours. I want you to list how useful they've been, and the pros and cons of said actions were.

I don't actually mind shenanigans, but some of yours have no intended purpose behind them, and lulnanigans are sorta anti-Town.

So, a town webadict must be doing this to get a better read on me based on my reaction. This is consistent with his play so far; he's tried three different strategies recently to get an idea of how I play:

1. A naked vote
2. An agressive case
3. A stupid threat

This is all fine. The issue is, he's planning on inspecting me tonight. Why bother? Why only pressure the person you claim you're going to inspect?

Also, the case on me is weak. I explained why I wasn't voting him, the argument that I'm trying to avoid attention makes no sense since I was the one who came out swinging on him, and he accuses me of buddying Jack while being perfectly fine with Toony doing it[./url]

BluarianKnight:
Case on web is above. You I have a less solid case on, but it seems to me like you're playing pretty safe and you haven't really done any work towards figuring things out. For example, lots of hedging here:
Maybe my read's wrong then entirely - if you both are town, I'd have to gander a guess to Toony and.. maybe someone else. I'm not sure yet.

Not knowing Tric's meta, I can't say for sure how good your case is on them, but arguing that they're playing too well seems wrong.

Right now, I think it's only a tiny clue - by itself worthless, but I also kinda wanted to jump in on the shenanigans.
How you describe it here doesn't match your reaction in the moment very well.

Why did you assume that my scumread on you and my scumread on webadict were linked?

EuchreJack:
@prefuzek: Why are you still voting Blue if you have a "less solid case"?  Please post your reads immediately.  Who is more likely scum, Web or Blue?

@Web: Why are you not calling out Prefuzek for continuing to vote Blue, when it seems they think you are the more likely scum? I'm sure you could be making this argument better than I am!

I've explained this. My reads list hasn't really changed since the only people who've posted substance since then are you, BluarianKnight, webadict, and myself. I'm really waiting on something from Jim, NQT, and Toony.

A BluarianKnight/webadict scumteam does make sense at this point. BK's been really pockety of web recently, and has read me as scum for this

He's been playing off Euchrejack for a while, I'd believe a Tric/Prefuzek scumteam. As well, he's been hyper-focusing on some players, and calling some folks out while ignoring other players entirely.

when webadict has been doing both those things just as much as I have. Also, BK has never addressed a question to web. Their first real interaction is this, which I could easily interpret as the more experienced scum trying to get some in-thread interaction with their partner.

Webadict right now is using a "Refuge in Webadictiness" strategy. Imagine a new player coming in, doing the things web's done, and not getting lynched D1.

Bit of a rush, so sorry if anything is out of order or missing.  Basically, Prefuzek has done a good job of trying to look like he's scumhunting, but without actually doing any scumhunting.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51