Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124173 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Castle Doctrine
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2021, 11:55:30 pm »

((Oh, hell…))

1.  See what Drip’s action does to me.
2.  Regain consciousness.
3.  If necessary, staunch the bleeding and ask my shoulder to put itself back where it belongs.
4.  If conscious, suggest that we get out of the tower.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((That’s a total of +3 fate points and half my hp, right?))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 02:05:56 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2021, 03:03:41 am »

"We need a doctor here, wait I might be able to be a doctor."
Tell that speaker guy's body to heal it's self and stop being unconscious, also fix his shoulder.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2021, 03:46:14 am »

Youare takes one of his gloves off, pulls Flex from it, and places it in the robe.

He then stands up and drags the conduit into cover, keeping his body between it and the missiles.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2021, 03:25:46 pm »

"They should have listened to me." Bob shakes his head sadly as he looks at the even more ruined tower. He supposed it didn't matter, there were still things to be done.

Move through the cover of the ruins to scout out the town a bit while the others try to find their way out of the rubble. Use phantom wolf titan claws to destroy any projectile that endanger me. If the others need help dragging the conduit or themselves out of the tower, help so long as it doesn't put me back in danger of being squished by rubble or something else. To be clear, Bob intends to assist people exiting the Tower, not to run back into the Tower.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2021, 06:40:36 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Man down!

Make sure SPEAKER is at his PEAK condition.

"We need a doctor here, wait I might be able to be a doctor."
Tell that speaker guy's body to heal it's self and stop being unconscious, also fix his shoulder.
Hmmm who goes first. Lets flip a coin. Debby!
[1][Debby +1 fate point] Oh no. Uh....[-3 HP to Speaker]
Drip next! Lets hope he does better. [2] That is technically better.

Debby leans over Speaker's limp body and carefully asks, "Hey, could you....you know...just get over yourself and fucking get better already? It was only one magical cannon ball, ya fucking wimp."

"OH! Just one cannon ball huh?" The body responds with the sound of popping joints, belching and groaning, "Well let me just get on up and get right out of here then."

Speaker's body lurches up onto its limbs, twisting in a very uncomfortable to watch fashion amid popping and crunching noises, and crabwalks straight out of the trench.

"You can all go fuck yourself. I'm out." It shouts back, this time out of Speaker's mouth, and scuttles out the door and into the desert, in the opposite direction as the Toad Tower.

Drip idly pokes at the key still embedded in his chest and watches Speaker's body leave, "That went well, I think."

((Oh, hell…))

1.  See what Drip’s action does to me.
2.  Regain consciousness.
3.  If necessary, staunch the bleeding and ask my shoulder to put itself back where it belongs.
4.  If conscious, suggest that we get out of the tower.

((That’s a total of +3 fate points and half my hp, right?))
(+3 fate points, and yes, 5hp  left.)
1. Oh no. -3 HP, as stated above.  2hp left.
2. [5] You wake up! For a few moments you're kind of numb and confused, watching the sky glide past overhead. Then the numbness passes and boy howdy do you miss it. It feels like all of your limbs and maybe your back are broken. That would be bad enough. But for some reason you are also having completely uncontrollable muscle spasms that are causing you to crab walk away on your broken limbs.
3 and 4. [3] Unable to control any aspect of yourself, you desperately ask your body to please stop. The response you get, inside your own head, is that your body is doing this for your own good. This place is CLEARLY too dangerous and no one here seems to care about your well being so you're leaving.

Man down!

Make sure SPEAKER is at his PEAK condition.
[Since Anagramists work by turning things into other things, I have a feeling this is a terrible idea.]

”Someone help me get the conduit out of here!”

Spend one fate point to escape the gooey stone and try to get the conduit out of the tower and into cover. Continue Maintaining the tower for fear of what will happen if it stops.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
[14]
You do manage to tear yourself free of the gooey anomaly that used to be the wall, but  doing so takes so long that you don't have time to do anything else before the next volley.

MoTLF will try to drag himself out of the wall and in the rough direction of the battleship. Afterwards taking cover behind sand dunes
[5]
MoTLF rolls backwards, through the goo and out the other side. He sprints towards the Toad Tower for a good couple of hundred feet and then dives down and takes cover behind a half buried ruin.

Youare takes one of his gloves off, pulls Flex from it, and places it in the robe.

He then stands up and drags the conduit into cover, keeping his body between it and the missiles.

[2]Youare attempts to yank essence from his glove but can't manage to get inside it, so to speak. [5] He does, however, manage to roll himself on to his stomach and then, hand over hand, pull and shove  himself into a standing position.  He can't really move the conduit on top of his already heavy robe, so all he does is wobble over to the conduit and put himself between it and the Toad Tower.

"They should have listened to me." Bob shakes his head sadly as he looks at the even more ruined tower. He supposed it didn't matter, there were still things to be done.

Move through the cover of the ruins to scout out the town a bit while the others try to find their way out of the rubble. Use phantom wolf titan claws to destroy any projectile that endanger me. If the others need help dragging the conduit or themselves out of the tower, help so long as it doesn't put me back in danger of being squished by rubble or something else. To be clear, Bob intends to assist people exiting the Tower, not to run back into the Tower.

Genesis stands up straight, dust himself off, and walks toward the towering toad of baffling battlements. When/if  he gets close enough for it, try looking through the needle to find a general source for the mountainous mobile mansion's misery.

If any of the lumbering lamentor's magical missiles come my way, shoo them away with the point of my needle. By stabbing them.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
[6,1,6,6] [+1 fate point to bob][-1 HP bob]
Bob and Genesis charge off towards the Toad Tower, completely ignoring all cover and all self preservation, counting instead on their awesome skills to get them through. The Toad Tower, which they quickly realize it actually probably a few miles away and much larger than they thought, shifts a few cannons and points them at the pair. The good news is that it seems to have distracted the cannons from their teammates. The bad news is that when the next volley comes in, its aimed square at them.

Genesis, seeing the shots coming, plants his feet and points his Needle straight ahead. He closes one eye and lines the point up with the shot that's arcing in towards him. The bubble of force impales itself dead center on Genesis' weapon and bursts. The needle seems to absorb the majority of the hit, but some force on the periphery does sneak through and slap the needle straight out of Genesis' hands.  It spirals off and lands 30 feet away, plunged into the sand and glowing an odd oil slick rainbow.

Bob attempts to swat the shot aimed at him out of the air. However, he rather crucially forgets that the wolf claw comes a half a second after his own movement. The result is that while he does manage to swat the thing, it still bursts quite close to him. The burst hurls forces straight into the sand under his feet and blows Bob a good 10 feet up and 20 back. Despite it, he manages to land atop a sand dune and be mostly unhurt. Bruised and sandy in uncomfortable places, yes, but mostly ok.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2021, 06:52:37 pm »

"Hey, We're making progress! it recognizes us as mild nuisances!"

Run over to my oil slick rainbow needle and scoop it up. Use the eye of the needle as a megaphone and yell "Stop that! We're here to help!" At the Mountainous building (which I already assumed was miles away and larger than the Wolf Titan). Then continue the plan from last turn of running toward the thing and needling shots. Only, if the thing points too many cannons at me I will duck into cover as well, keeping the pointy end of my tailoring tool aimed at the incoming magic.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2021, 06:55:05 pm »

Helping!

Start following the team toward the Battletoad.  Is there anything around that could provide mobility?  Any cool stuff that can be anagrammed?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2021, 07:43:24 pm »

“Fuck these people!  Why am I surrounded by such idiots?! …Well, they can go fuck themselves!”

The Speaker then speaks to his body.  “I hope you know where you are going…”, he says.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

((I’m going to be very disappointed if this mission doesn’t result in a Total Party Kill.))

((Also, do I still have my needle, or is it back in the tower?))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 07:45:23 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2021, 08:00:23 pm »

Continue Maintaining the tower and continue in attempting to get the conduit out of it.

[We will be fine. Worst case scenario, half-3 quarters of the party dies and the conduit gets hit by magic artillery, leaving the survivors to find a new one or die of thirst.]

[I suppose the frog fortress could detonate in a nuclear magic explosion somehow, in which case yeah there will be no survivors. But that would never happen.]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 11:06:21 pm by Fire and Glory »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2021, 08:29:14 pm »

"Shame, don't think The Evil Eye will do much against this mechanical monstrosity." MoTLF mutters to no one in particular
keep moving up to the frog thing, sprinting between barrages and taking cover when necesssary

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2021, 08:33:13 pm »

Pick up a SANDSTONE ROCK and turn it into a STONE CAR.

Hey, it's worth a shot, right?
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2021, 01:17:25 am »

Bob was starting to wonder if being knocked away by an attack and covered in crystalline dust was going to become a staple of his future adventures. Clearly he needed to request a personal bathtub from the mages if that were the case. Still, he much preferred it to being dead. He did not belive his Needle would be able to reach the toad accurately from here, so he couldn't just stab the toad in response. Yet.

Take cover and advance on the toad between barrages when it isn't paying attention to me. Use phantom wolf claws to block any errant shots and try to remember the timing this time.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:20:04 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2021, 03:59:07 am »

"I guess we learned something about the way functions are shared through large objects. Turns out there's exactly one of each function per object. Which is good news, because if I can just get to the castle, I should be able to completely remove its ability to fight or walk."

Youare yanks off a couple of his hairs and removes Flex, before shoving it into his robe.

If the clothes are still to heavy to move the conduit into cover, he uses the "faint glow" of magical energy from his needle (assuming it has remained there since the wolf Titan fight) to increase his strength appropriately. Otherwise, he just puts the conduit in the trench normally.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 11:51:11 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2021, 04:05:32 am »

"Oh fuck I've made things worse, note to self don't try to be a doctor."
Use cover and run towards the toad thing with everyone else.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2021, 02:26:13 pm »

Continue Maintaining the tower and continue in attempting to get the conduit out of it.

[We will be fine. Worst case scenario, half-3 quarters of the party dies and the conduit gets hit by magic artillery, leaving the survivors to find a new one or die of thirst.]

[I suppose the frog fortress could detonate in a nuclear magic explosion somehow, in which case yeah there will be no survivors. But that would never happen.]
[5]
Grey grabs the conduit, lifts it to his shoulder, and Runs outside, in the direction of the Toad Tower.

"I guess we learned something about the way functions are shared through large objects. Turns out there's exactly one of each function per object. Which is good news, because if I can just get to the castle, I should be able to completely remove its ability to fight or walk."

Youare yanks off a couple of his hairs and removes Flex, before shoving it into his robe.

If the clothes are still to heavy to move the conduit into cover, he uses the "faint glow" of magical energy from his needle (assuming it has remained there since the wolf Titan fight) to increase his strength appropriately. Otherwise, he just puts the conduit in the trench normally.

[2][4]
Hairs fail to help the situation, and someone has already carried off the conduit, so You try to use the residual magic in your needle to get yourself moving. You bang it against your chest and the magic flows out and into the robe, instead of into you. The weight of the robe, along with its color and stiffness, all lessen. It ends up more like a big chainmail dress in terms of weight and flexibility: heavy and awkward but not impossible to move in. You get up and heavily jog outside, following the conduit.

“Fuck these people!  Why am I surrounded by such idiots?! …Well, they can go fuck themselves!”

The Speaker then speaks to his body.  “I hope you know where you are going…”, he says.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

((I’m going to be very disappointed if this mission doesn’t result in a Total Party Kill.))

((Also, do I still have my needle, or is it back in the tower?))
[4][+3 HP]
You loudly announce your alliance with your body and your desire to leave these fools to die. You suddenly feel a rush of endorphins and your broken limbs jerk out straight, bones setting and at least partially fusing. You end up laying on your back, feeling...well not great but much better.

"Here, this is easier" Your body says and jerks you up onto your feet in a normal position, pointed away from the toad and all that nonsense. "You should ask the sand where to go. We were just getting out of there."

Pick up a SANDSTONE ROCK and turn it into a STONE CAR.

Hey, it's worth a shot, right?
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
[6]
Luta runs over to a large chunk of sandstone and manipulates its essence.  The entire stone glows brightly and shifts into something else entirely: A freaking monster truck made out of solid stone. Its got a stone body, a stone engine, stone wheels, and a gas tank filled with sand! How does it work? Who knows! But it does. The only unfortunate thing is that because it was made from a chunk of stone, it appears where that stone was....half buried in sand and quite stuck.

"Oh fuck I've made things worse, note to self don't try to be a doctor."
Use cover and run towards the toad thing with everyone else.
Bob was starting to wonder if being knocked away by an attack and covered in crystalline dust was going to become a staple of his future adventures. Clearly he needed to request a personal bathtub from the mages if that were the case. Still, he much preferred it to being dead. He did not belive his Needle would be able to reach the toad accurately from here, so he couldn't just stab the toad in response. Yet.

Take cover and advance on the toad between barrages when it isn't paying attention to me. Use phantom wolf claws to block any errant shots and try to remember the timing this time.

"Shame, don't think The Evil Eye will do much against this mechanical monstrosity." MoTLF mutters to no one in particular
keep moving up to the frog thing, sprinting between barrages and taking cover when necesssary

Helping!

Start following the team toward the Battletoad.  Is there anything around that could provide mobility?  Any cool stuff that can be anagrammed?

[4] You consider your environment. Well...SANDSTONE RUIN can be made into DINOSAURS....

"Hey, We're making progress! it recognizes us as mild nuisances!"

Run over to my oil slick rainbow needle and scoop it up. Use the eye of the needle as a megaphone and yell "Stop that! We're here to help!" At the Mountainous building (which I already assumed was miles away and larger than the Wolf Titan). Then continue the plan from last turn of running toward the thing and needling shots. Only, if the thing points too many cannons at me I will duck into cover as well, keeping the pointy end of my tailoring tool aimed at the incoming magic.

After retrieving it, Genesis attempts to use his needle like a megaphone but sadly it seems to lack that particular feature.

The Toad Tower stops moving. Up until now it had been slowly waddling toward the team's right, ignoring them while its cannons continued to fire. Now its cannons halt their barrage and the metal amphibian begins slowly turning round, pointing itself towards the group. It turns itself fully and then seems to stare at them for a good minute or two before gathering itself with a wiggle and leaping. It all seems to happen in slow motion because of its size, rising up on its hind legs and then away from the ground, a giant plume of sand exploding behind it. It flies through the air with distressing slowness and weight...straight towards the team. Its hard to guess, but it looks like it will land somewhere near them at the very least. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 116