Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124181 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2021, 03:01:48 pm »

Brace for impact! Duck and cover! Use the oil slick mana in my needle to form a shield from teh shockwave and debris that is sure to come.

"I think you guys already know this, but ...
INCOMING!!!!!"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2021, 03:54:53 pm »

((Too bad it's coming, because I was about to make all sorts of DINOSAURS to distract the thing from shooting at us, in a probably dooming us sort of way.))

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Hey, that saves us a trip!

Turn some SANDSTONE RUIN into an AIR DUNE to make a safe place to hide!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Castle Doctrine
« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2021, 04:32:01 pm »

Good idea!

The speaker asks the sand to carry him in the direction of the nearest building (other than the ruined tower he just came from).

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2021, 05:16:03 pm »

Turn the SAND GRAINS around the truck into AIR, then drive the truck out of the danger zone.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2021, 10:39:20 pm »

Grey drops the conduit, ceases his Maintaining of the tower and then does something slightly risky. he starts jogging away from the frog fort for now. And then, being able to slow down, speed up, and change direction, Grey Maintains control of his trajectory and jumps. If flight has been achieved, he flies straight up, hopefully above the frog. If it fails, he takes cover behind whatever looks sturdy.

[Too iffy I've decided, we can try to abuse physics definitions some other time.]

Grey drops the conduit, ceases his Maintaining of the tower, and then runs to get into the passenger seat of Lupanian's truck while Maintaining the truck.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:57:03 pm by Fire and Glory »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2021, 02:23:45 am »

Bob was glad that the toad decided to come to them. Now he wouldn't have to chase it for future stabbing. He did find it to be a strange toad, almost like a mobile fortress. It would be a pretty cool home to have. Especially if it had a belt. Bob was then struck by a strange idea. Was it the toad that killed the mage, or was the toad the mage's tower run amok? He hoped it was the first so they could kill it and be done with it. He didn't want to try to explore a mansion on the back of a pissed off battletoad.

Take cover behind anything that looks sturdy enough to shield from the inevitable shockwave and sandstorm. Once in cover, Bob tries to chart the Toad's trajectory. If he is in danger of being landed on, he uses the phantom wolf claws to dig a hole below him that he can shelter in to not be squished and hold his Needle aiming directly up with the point higher than his head. If he isn't in the path of squishing, Bob manipulates the belts on his Needle to send the Needle flying to intercept the toad and stab it between the eyes once it has gotten close enough, preferably before it hits the ground. Use 1 Fate point to help survive a possible squishing or enhance any magic Bob uses.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:41:05 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2021, 03:16:19 am »

"Oh shit."
Take cover behind some of the ruins, and ask the ruins to not fall apart.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2021, 11:20:43 am »

Youare rolls the conduit away from structures and other homunculi, into any nearby depression, before covering the conduit with his body. He then places the base of his needle on the ground, angles the pointy end directly upwards, braces the weapon against his shoulder and hopes like hell the mansion doesn't land on him.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 11:26:54 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2021, 11:23:17 am »

get out of the splash zone

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2021, 05:55:33 pm »

Brace for impact! Duck and cover! Use the oil slick mana in my needle to form a shield from teh shockwave and debris that is sure to come.

"I think you guys already know this, but ...
INCOMING!!!!!"

[4]
Genesis dives for cover in a ruin and waves his needle above his head. A shimmering bubble, not unlike the cannon balls, appears around him

((Too bad it's coming, because I was about to make all sorts of DINOSAURS to distract the thing from shooting at us, in a probably dooming us sort of way.))

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Hey, that saves us a trip!

Turn some SANDSTONE RUIN into an AIR DUNE to make a safe place to hide!
[6]
Drip runs to one of the ruins and messes with its essence. The stone vanishes and is replaced with what might be best described as solidified wind. He attempts to jump into it, with the hope it will protect him, but instead immediately shoots up and ends up trapped in an endless tumbling fall atop the wind.

Good idea!

The speaker asks the sand to carry him in the direction of the nearest building (other than the ruined tower he just came from).

[3]
The sand shifts and whispers "Don't know. Ask the river to the north."

Turn the SAND GRAINS around the truck into AIR, then drive the truck out of the danger zone.

Grey drops the conduit, ceases his Maintaining of the tower and then does something slightly risky. he starts jogging away from the frog fort for now. And then, being able to slow down, speed up, and change direction, Grey Maintains control of his trajectory and jumps. If flight has been achieved, he flies straight up, hopefully above the frog. If it fails, he takes cover behind whatever looks sturdy.

[Too iffy I've decided, we can try to abuse physics definitions some other time.]

Grey drops the conduit, ceases his Maintaining of the tower, and then runs to get into the passenger seat of Lupanian's truck while Maintaining the truck.

[2]
Grey runs over and dives into the partially buried Stone Car while Luta attempts to uncover it. Grey sticks his head out the passenger window and bangs on the roof.

"Hurry the heck up!"

"I'm trying! I'm trying!"

Despite her best efforts, Luta can't turn the sand into air.

"Oh shit."
Take cover behind some of the ruins, and ask the ruins to not fall apart.
[1][+1 fate point][-1 hp]
Debby hides behind a wall and politely asks it not to fall over, because it is so weak and shitty.

It falls over on her.

"You're only proving my point!"

get out of the splash zone
Flameo turns 180 degrees and sprints away.

Youare rolls the conduit away from structures and other homunculi, into any nearby depression, before covering the conduit with his body. He then places the base of his needle on the ground, angles the pointy end directly upwards, braces the weapon against his shoulder and hopes like hell the mansion doesn't land on him.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Youare rolls the conduit into a depression between two sand dunes, lays down on top of it, and points his needle straight up, effectively turning himself into a very underwhelming spike pit trap.

Bob was glad that the toad decided to come to them. Now he wouldn't have to chase it for future stabbing. He did find it to be a strange toad, almost like a mobile fortress. It would be a pretty cool home to have. Especially if it had a belt. Bob was then struck by a strange idea. Was it the toad that killed the mage, or was the toad the mage's tower run amok? He hoped it was the first so they could kill it and be done with it. He didn't want to try to explore a mansion on the back of a pissed off battletoad.

Take cover behind anything that looks sturdy enough to shield from the inevitable shockwave and sandstorm. Once in cover, Bob tries to chart the Toad's trajectory. If he is in danger of being landed on, he uses the phantom wolf claws to dig a hole below him that he can shelter in to not be squished and hold his Needle aiming directly up with the point higher than his head. If he isn't in the path of squishing, Bob manipulates the belts on his Needle to send the Needle flying to intercept the toad and stab it between the eyes once it has gotten close enough, preferably before it hits the ground. Use 1 Fate point to help survive a possible squishing or enhance any magic Bob uses.

[4] Bob gets prepared to run, tracing the thing's path through the sky with one finger as he considers where to go and what to do. But then he stops. He traces it again, this time more quickly as it is getting closer.  The toad isn't going to come down on them. Its going to land in front of them, a fair bit out. [1] [+1 fate point]He  attempts to fire his needle off like before but instead sends it hurtling away in the wrong direction at quite a high speed.

The toad comes down maybe a full minute after it leapt. Its front legs stretch out to catch itself but the impact is really more belly flop than anything. It digs a huge crater in the sand and sends a literal churning ripple of sand out in all directions like a gritty Tsunami. The shockwave, which begins before the creature even lands as the air is shoved out of the way of its huge girth, isn't anywhere as bad as the wall of sand that follows it. The wave has mostly subsided in the several hundred feet between the impact and the team but Genesis, Luta, Grey, Debby and Youare all end up at least partially buried in the sand while the others, aside from Speaker of course, end up slapped off their feet and face first in the sand.

Everyone is still in the middle of digging themselves out or getting up when the Toad Tower takes about 4 or 5 steps  and ends up looming over them. Its height  and size are....honestly difficult to comprehend and guess. The toad itself is...maybe 80 meters tall, which would put the top of the actual tower structure on its back at something like twice that. But its far wider and thicker than it is tall, a mountain of metal in an almost literal sense. It slowly lowers itself into a sitting position and looks down at the team. It seems to be looking around for something and stops when it notices Youare digging himself and the conduit out. It opens its mouth and very odd voice comes out. Its colossal and booming, as one would expect from something so damn big, but the pitch is quite high and the tone is one of nervousness and uncertainty.

"Are you Homunculi? Are you here to help Elias?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2021, 06:30:47 pm »

Shout up at the frog:

"Yes to the first question. As for the second, we have been sent to make things right. Something about balance. Are you Elias? What is the problem?"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2021, 06:43:11 pm »

Bob sighed. It looked like his hunch might have been partially correct and the battletoad was connected to the deceased Mage, or at least some Elias who might be connected to the mage. He had a feeling he would need his Needle for this and went to retrieve it. At least he didn't stab it. That could have been awkward.

Bob goes to retrieve his Needle.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2021, 06:45:43 pm »

Grey digs himself out of the sand and exits the truck.

Now that the crisis is over, Grey gives flight a go. He tries to Maintain control of his trajectory while moving and then jumps.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 10:14:32 pm by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2021, 07:19:18 pm »

Thanks!

Taking a wild guess, The Speaker decides that the way he’s been going is “south” and that, therefore, “north” must be in the opposite direction.

He promptly turns around and runs “north” as fast as he can.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2021, 08:11:26 pm »

Figure out the status of the truck. If it’s still stuck, try to get it unstuck. See if it can drive itself out, or if it has a winch. Otherwise try the AIR thing again.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 116