Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124174 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2021, 08:29:12 pm »

"His name is Elias. Are all All-Tongues as defective in the head as you are? Also, do be careful of your wording. A startled toad may stumble after all, and I'd like to be able to go home after we've settled things here."

’Alias’… that’s an interesting name.  A head detective?!  No, no, I would never claim to be such a thing!  Why did the star told the road to do that?!  Ah, it’s nice to hear that you’re planning on settling down and making your home here, but I don’t think the Magi will let you!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2021, 09:32:29 pm »

Grey leaves Genesis to examine things and asks the animals if they’ve ever seen Elias lock or unlock the door.

He also tries knocking. It couldn’t hurt after all.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 11:52:59 pm by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2021, 11:27:03 pm »

’Alias’… that’s an interesting name.  A head detective?!  No, no, I would never claim to be such a thing!  Why did the star told the road to do that?!  Ah, it’s nice to hear that you’re planning on settling down and making your home here, but I don’t think the Magi will let you!
"...

Whatever we paid for you, it was too much. I want my money back."

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 14, 2021, 11:55:13 pm »

"...

"Maybe we should put him back in the cauldron for ten minutes when we get back."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #304 on: June 15, 2021, 12:01:18 am »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Drip cheers for those working on the door!

Do a cheer behind anyone working on the door.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 15, 2021, 04:40:38 am »

"Why would you want to work here when if you come with me you could see the world and do stuff, like fight giant monsters, and other adventurous things I haven't done yet."
Try to convince the fox to join me on my adventures.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 15, 2021, 09:50:52 am »

Youare, far too serious a homunculus to talk to stuffed animals, explores the building he's in, looking for secret passages, kitchens, clues, that sort of thing.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2021, 11:11:45 am »

Seeing Drip cheering, Bob decided to join him. Surely the support of his magnificent belt would help the other Homunculi to open the door.

Go cheer with Drip.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #308 on: June 15, 2021, 02:00:51 pm »

The Speaker walks up to the door, and after looking at it for a moment, addresses it.  “We are  humonculi!  We were sent by the Magi to check up on your master.  Could you please open up for us?  We need to see if… if…”, The Speaker turns to the others, “What was the mage’s name again?

Ask the door to open itself, spending 1 fate point.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

[1, 2]

Speaker asks the door to open.  The door, or at least one of the animal heads of the door, turns to him and says "No."

"His name is Elias. Are all All-Tongues as defective in the head as you are? Also, do be careful of your wording. A startled toad may stumble after all, and I'd like to be able to go home after we've settled things here."

Genesis shares what he saw with the other homunculi, and observed the animal carvings, especially looking for the first and last in the line, to see if there is some kind of sequencing puzzle or something.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Genesis looks carefully at the tangled web of magic, trying to parse out which of the creatures make up the ends of the strands. One end appears to be a small beetle, while the other is a bear near the top.

Grey leaves Genesis to examine things and asks the animals if they’ve ever seen Elias lock or unlock the door.

He also tries knocking. It couldn’t hurt after all.

Grey knocks. Nothing happens and no one answers. Well...not unexpected really.

[5] The animals respond, in a chorus of voices.

"We guard the door. We are the Lock. We are the Key. All things in order, as they should be!"

Drip cheers for those working on the door!

Do a cheer behind anyone working on the door.

Drip does a cheerful cheer.

"RAH RAH SISBOOMBAH! YAAAA BREAKING AND ENTERING! WOOOO!"
Seeing Drip cheering, Bob decided to join him. Surely the support of his magnificent belt would help the other Homunculi to open the door.

Go cheer with Drip.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)

"Who excels at gaining access to places they aren't supposed to go?  WE DO! Who is gonna get through this door and touch everything in side and maybe steal some of it? WE ARE! Who is gonna silence any witnesses that try and rat us out? PROBABLY GENESIS, HE SEEMS THE TYPE!"

"Why would you want to work here when if you come with me you could see the world and do stuff, like fight giant monsters, and other adventurous things I haven't done yet."
Try to convince the fox to join me on my adventures.
[6]

"But...a fox and a deer? What would the neighbors say?" She says, but seems more to be talking herself out of something she wants to do than giving excuses.

Youare, far too serious a homunculus to talk to stuffed animals, explores the building he's in, looking for secret passages, kitchens, clues, that sort of thing.

[5]
Youare looks at the events transpiring and shrugs. This is all quite silly. So he turns and walks out, wandering back down the halls and looking for anything interesting. He quickly comes across an elevator. But not the elevator they rode here in. This one is somewhat similar but instead of hard -if ornate- metal its floor is tall grass, its bars seemingly living sprouts, and a little owl doorman is standing inside it, looking rather glum. Youare does some quick mental mapping and thinks that this elevator would lead down into that dreamlike space between the cannons and this upper level.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 02:37:02 pm by piecewise »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 15, 2021, 03:00:44 pm »

"...

You prayed for me?!  You didn’t have to do that!

"...

"Maybe we should put him back in the cauldron for ten minutes when we get back."

Why would I need pauldrons?

The Speaker walks up to the door, and after looking at it for a moment, addresses it.  “We are  humonculi!  We were sent by the Magi to check up on your master.  Could you please open up for us?  We need to see if… if…”, The Speaker turns to the others, “What was the mage’s name again?

Ask the door to open itself, spending 1 fate point.

[1, 2]

Speaker asks the door to open.  The door, or at least one of the animal heads of the door, turns to him and says "No."

<snip>

The Speaker summons King Zultan and Sir Purrs-a-lot.

The Speaker turns to the others and says “Your turn.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 15, 2021, 03:15:52 pm »

Drip does a cheerful cheer.

"RAH RAH SISBOOMBAH! YAAAA BREAKING AND ENTERING! WOOOO!"

"Who excels at gaining access to places they aren't supposed to go?  WE DO! Who is gonna get through this door and touch everything in side and maybe steal some of it? WE ARE! Who is gonna silence any witnesses that try and rat us out? PROBABLY GENESIS, HE SEEMS THE TYPE!"
"I want my money back for you guys too.

Hey.

Someone bring me a ladder."

Touch da beetle. Touch the rest of the animal carvings in order, following the line carefully. Use my needle for the higher ones. Stop if I get to one that's out of reach and no one has brought a step stool or ladder. Also restart if using the needle breaks the sequence.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #311 on: June 15, 2021, 04:54:43 pm »

Drip is helping!

Offer to be the bottom of the Hero Tower for Genesis.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 16, 2021, 12:40:24 am »

"Hey Drip. I noticed you were struggling with that key earlier. Have you ever tried turning it?"

Grey takes a step away from everyone and makes a few practice swings with the saber to see if anything happens, in a direction away from anything living.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 16, 2021, 02:19:34 am »

"I don't have any neighbors and I don't think you have any ether, so who cares what neighbors that don't exist think, also I think it's racist of them to think a fox and deer can't be friends."
Spend one fate point on convincing the fox to join me on my adventures.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 16, 2021, 06:16:33 am »

Youare swallows his pride and dignifies the owl with conversation.

"I'm a homunculus, here on Covenant business. I'm going to need to investigate the level below us, so take me down. Tell me, was there anywhere your master visited particularly often?"

If the elevator owl complies, Youare investigates the Escher paradise of the gardens below. If not, he repeats the intructions with his needle held in a manner highly suggestive of impalement.

One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 116