Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124150 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #855 on: August 25, 2021, 07:32:41 am »

@Zultan remember that you burned your fate point on talking to the ocean, so your current count should be 0
I had two and preemptively removed one when I made the post, so I wouldn't forget to remove the spent one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 25, 2021, 07:40:51 am »

I had two and preemptively removed one when I made the post, so I wouldn't forget to remove the spent one.
Ah, confusing. Sorry to trouble you.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #857 on: August 25, 2021, 11:46:58 am »

hold the line with needle and rifle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 25, 2021, 12:51:39 pm »

(Darn.  Saw the title change and thought there was an update…)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 25, 2021, 01:20:21 pm »

I take flight and see what I can see from above.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 25, 2021, 04:00:53 pm »

Greed attempts to Light up the beast and form a sword out of condensed light energy.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 07:14:55 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Title is Dead!
« Reply #861 on: August 25, 2021, 04:04:56 pm »

((I wonder…))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Title is Dead!
« Reply #862 on: August 25, 2021, 04:05:28 pm »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 25, 2021, 05:07:39 pm »

Greed attempts to form a sword out of condensed light energy.
((Consider illuminating the beast, or otherwise making it visible to the ship's crew. Light as a material has all the potential. A light sword is ... unimaginative.

But play how you want. This is just my opinion.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 25, 2021, 07:14:27 pm »

Greed attempts to form a sword out of condensed light energy.
((Consider illuminating the beast, or otherwise making it visible to the ship's crew. Light as a material has all the potential. A light sword is ... unimaginative.

But play how you want. This is just my opinion.))
That’s actually a really good idea.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 26, 2021, 02:37:08 am »

((I wonder…))
Why you changing the name of this game to the name of my game?

Ah, confusing. Sorry to trouble you.
That's all right, always good to have someone looking out for this kind of thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 26, 2021, 04:40:19 am »

Team Boat

Youare stores the function "fresh" that he removed from the bait in his needle. He then extracts "swim" from one of his fish and places it in his robe.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 26, 2021, 07:40:36 pm »

((I wonder…))
Why you changing the name of this game to the name of my game?

:D

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #868 on: August 27, 2021, 10:39:12 am »

Politely ask the bird to take me back to the cliff. Then ask if it would take me to the boat after grabbing my lads.

If it becomes apparent that the bird isn't friendly, then pull the string to teleport to Genesis.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

The bird responds to your request by...well, completely ignoring you. How rude. You tug the Genesis line three times and scream over to him at fantastic speed.

Well that was rude!

The Speaker asks the sea if there are any rods of bounty in it and, if so, where they can be found.  He then asks the land if it knows where any things to write with and/or on are located and, if so, where.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

[1][+1 fate][-4 HP]
The sea immediately surges up, grabs The Speaker in a watery fist, and yanks him down to the infinite depths below. Whether he is drowned or eaten by some slimey thing is never known. But he definitely dies.

[ALL LINKS TO SPEAKER SNAP!]

Make arrangements for the balloon ride, as suggested by Ericson. If the ballooneer thinks we can get where we are going ahead of or in spite of the storm, do so. Nothing like an adventure to get the (pure) blood pumping. If hte ballooneer thinks it's a bad idea to head out now, wait out the storm, ready to assist against the monster.

Sheet updated from sekrit action. follow up action pm'd.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)
Gathering the Balloon and its operator, and then dragging both up the cliffside to the plains above takes a while. Getting the balloon inflated takes a while too, with all this cold wind. The balloon itself is more than just a simple air bladder with a basket: it has a large rudder of sorts and an oval basket large enough for a man to lay down in. It even has sacks for supplies as well as ballast. Clearly designed for the lookout who used it to hang around in for hours or days and have some degree of control.  As soon as the balloon is inflated with hot air, the two of you take off like a shot, riding on cold air currents and gusting winds from the sea.  Reaching the ruins takes only an hour or so at these speeds.

[1][+1 fate]
Even so, its already dark by the time you pass over the supposed ruin site. You can see nothing below, though you can hear the sound of waves. You lean over the edge of the basket and strain to see something. And then you lean a bit too far and find yourself plumetting face first into the darkness below.

Team Boat

Youare stores the function "fresh" that he removed from the bait in his needle. He then extracts "swim" from one of his fish and places it in his robe.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
You slap the "Fresh" into the needle and then work on the fish. [6] Pulling "Swim" is easy, but when you put it in the robe something unexpected happens: The robe immediately starts doing so. You find yourself trapped within as the robe flops about like a fish out of water, slapping the deck over and over again.

Greed attempts to Light up the beast and form a sword out of condensed light energy.
[6][5]
Greed points out at the sea in the rough direction of the oncoming beast and the water lights up like a magnesium flare. Its literally like staring at the sun.  The only positive is that the vast serpentine form of the oncoming leviathan is like the black shadow of the moon during an eclipse: starkly visible against the blinding light.

He then points to the sky and the last rays of sunset condense into a blinding blade of reddish light 20 feet tall hovering above his head.

I take flight and see what I can see from above.

[4]
Currently you can see blinding light from the ocean, the shadow of something squirming towards the ship, and not much else in that direction.

You don't go up too high though, since its so hard to control.

Grey shares the news with Genesis and Luta.

"It sounds like the first sea monster just found us so communications might get a bit spotty from here on out."

Grey spends 1 fate to Maintain the ship's hull and stands on the deck with his needle ready in case anything tries to eat his face off.

If some kind of projectile comes his way, fireballs, acid spit and such, Grey crosses his wrists to activate his gloves and fend off the attack.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
[3]
If your spell does much, its hard to tell.

Be ready with the rifle

hold the line with needle and rifle.

"Oh shit it might have been a bad time to fuck with the rifle."
Check my rifle and make sure it'll still fire without exploding, then get ready for a potential impact.
[1,2,3]

The shadowy creature breaks the surface of the oppressive pool of light with several blowhole geysers. Its very hard, in that blinding light, to tell much about its form. Vague impressions of something akin to a giant eel with a mouth like a pit of rotating knives. It is apparently blind because it doesn't seem to care about the light.

"That ain't our prey!" The captain shouts, shielding his eyes  and squinting out at the thing.  "Drive it away or kill it! No harpoons!"

The men on the deck scramble about. The ship's cannons roar one after another, shaking the ship and the bones of everyone on it. Dew, Flame, and Debby all fire their rifles at the thing. Well, Dew tries but ends up dropping her rifle over the edge of the ship. Debby and Flame both manage not to lose their weapons but if they hit or really deal any damage its hard to tell. Both because they're firing tiny metal slugs into an enormous mass of flesh, and because they're doing it half blind.

The creature makes a wailing whistling noise and thrashes as at least some of the cannon rounds strike it: blood gushes, lit like a brilliant red firework for a moment before vanishing into the general white light.  The creature submerges again but seems to still be moving roughly in the direction of the ship.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Blinded by the Light.
« Reply #869 on: August 27, 2021, 11:03:46 am »

((R.I.P. Speaker. Also, you'd think Genesis would have learned his lesson from falling off the BattleFrog, but no~ gotta look very closely at everything, especially whe nyou are several hundred feet up~))
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 116