Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124156 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #960 on: September 21, 2021, 12:33:32 am »

well if the summoned fish is still around, Flame will have it launch him further up the hammer, where he will continue climbing towards the hole in its chest.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flame (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Fish Stories.
« Reply #961 on: September 21, 2021, 03:08:39 am »

Grey decides to get back into the fray after linking his needle with Debby again. Jumping onto the hammer and clambering up to its torso, Grey attempts to sink his needle into the creature's ravaged chest so that he can widen the hole containing the rod and dislodge it.

Bump health back up to 8. Forgot to say.
Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 08:03:01 pm by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 21, 2021, 03:30:31 am »

"Wish I could make lasers."
Go hack at the claw until it falls off the ship.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 21, 2021, 03:48:45 am »

"I bet you could, all you need to do is ask."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 21, 2021, 04:09:15 am »

"Might be dangerous if it decides it hates me."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 21, 2021, 04:15:34 am »

"True."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #966 on: September 21, 2021, 09:44:54 am »

Team Boat

Youare uses his needle link with Grey to return to the boat, relinks at once, then removes himself/has himself thrown from the deck into the ocean, whereupon he attempts to pull a function like "Cohere", "Hold" or "Bind" from the hammer's flesh.

"Toss me in again!"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 21, 2021, 08:00:17 pm »

Swim back up to the ship. If anything tries to eat me on the way, stab it with my needle. Add a fate point to the stabbing if I have to stab.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #968 on: September 23, 2021, 05:53:12 pm »

Greed blasts the monster for good measure, and gets the ship going away from the monster
[2][2]
Greed fails to fire any lasers, he fails to move any boats. He mostly flails his arms and shouts at the sky.

((I don't know if Tess is made of air right now or not. It was in her action, but nothing about it was mentioned in the turn. I'm going to assume for now that it didn't happen, especially since it doesn't seem like it would have been helpful anyway))

Descend and turn, attempting to fly into the hole in the Hammer's chest made by the others, and stab it there with my needle, driving the hole deeper and hopefully getting rid of something vital.

(You are not air, since it wouldn't really have been helpful)
[6]
You flap around in a long arc and then dive down in a sweep towards the beast's chest, needle thrust out in front of you. You hit the Hammer like a bird hitting a window [-2HP] but do jam the needle deep into its chest. The flesh vanishes and magic flows into your needle as you peel off and fall into the water. Or rather you WOULD have fell into the water had you not fallen onto the back of a shark. A Flying shark. You get snagged on the shark's dorsal fin and dragged along as it glides up to the Hammer's chest and starts gobbling away.

well if the summoned fish is still around, Flame will have it launch him further up the hammer, where he will continue climbing towards the hole in its chest.
Spoiler: Flame (click to show/hide)
[5]
You clamber up the hammer's armored belly and onto its chest just as a shark flies back around and lands directly in the hole Tess opened up moments ago. The shark starts gobbling down flesh as quickly as it can so you scamper in, walk along its back, hop over Tess, and take a stab into the deepening hole. You sink your needle deep into flesh and it vanishes, taking a chunk of the Hammer's heart with it. You get a brief glimpse of bisected valves pumping erratically before blood gushes out and onto you in repeated enormous geysers that fill the wound. You feel the shark start to surge forward even as the light begins to dim: The opening to the wound already starting to become hazy with reknitting flesh. Your needle is glowing very brightly though, and replaces the strobe of lightning from outside with an odd blue-green glow.

Grey decides to get back into the fray after linking his needle with Debby again. Jumping onto the hammer and clambering up to its torso, Grey attempts to sink his needle into the creature's ravaged chest so that he can widen the hole containing the rod and dislodge it.

Bump health back up to 8. Forgot to say.

Relinked.

[6]
Seeing Flame disappear into the chest wound and great gouts of blood come out moments later, You decide that's the best route. Jumping or climbing up there would take too long, so you instead tug your green thread and ghost your way straight into the now quite crowded flesh hole. The hole, lit by the glow of your needles, is filling with blood faster than it can empty and is already about half full, and constantly battered by new gushes from the heart. [4] As the shark under your feet starts swimming forward through the gore, you close your eyes and push forward as well, shouldering and climbing around the heart and ending up behind it. You're squished between the heart at your back and a wall of flesh in front of you, pressed nearly flat between them when the heart is expanding. However, you manage to, between beats, draw your needle back and place it so that when the heart beats again it will jam the needle into the flesh. And it does just that.  The flesh vanishes and your needle begins to glow extremely bright.  In that green blue glow you can see something shining ahead of you. Its only a small gap in great walls of partially destroyed muscle, but there, wedged in between two huge vertebra, is a golden rod. Its only partially visible, mostly coated in flesh, but its throwing off a green glow of is own.

As you recognize what that thing is, you also notice that the flesh here is regenerating even faster. In the maybe 10 seconds you took to stumble forward and see the rod it is almost completely covered again and the walls of tissue are closing in around you like a vice.

"Wish I could make lasers."
Go hack at the claw until it falls off the ship.
[2]
You, in a frankly rather comical fashion, set about hacking ineffectually at the giant crab claw while a colossal battle goes on around you.

Team Boat

Youare uses his needle link with Grey to return to the boat, relinks at once, then removes himself/has himself thrown from the deck into the ocean, whereupon he attempts to pull a function like "Cohere", "Hold" or "Bind" from the hammer's flesh.

"Toss me in again!"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
[6]
Instead of throwing you into the ocean, the crew waits for the Ship to charge forward and instead hurl you straight at the hammer. You only have a moment, as you slap into it, to work so you try to make the best of it.

[1]
You pull "Exist"....out of your own robes in the chaos of it all. Your robes vanish from existence with a POP! and you tumble, naked, back down into the ocean for the umpteenth time today.

Swim back up to the ship. If anything tries to eat me on the way, stab it with my needle. Add a fate point to the stabbing if I have to stab.

[4]
You swim to the surface and then back towards the ship, managing to reach it even in these stormy seas.  There's a metal rung ladder sort of bolted to the side and you loop an arm through one of the rungs and hold on.

The Ship drives straight forward, keeping as close to the hammer as it can while the Hammer's legs leave the water and its giant squid tail flails  about in open air.  The cannons do not fire, for fear of hitting one of the Homunculi. The hammer itself is still squirming, still regenerating, but is unable to fight for the moment, disarmed and slowly rotating backwards.

Ho! Ho! Ho!  A bath you say… I could use one.  I haven’t had one since I climbed out of that cauldron!  Thank you, good Sir!”, and with that Hugh climbs overboard, then swims to the island and climbs up the rocks.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

[5] Perhaps due to your naturally buoyant properties you easily manage to swim over to the rocky outcropping of the lighthouse and drag yourself up onto it. Once there you scramble around until you find what you think is the natural path upwards that its old masters must have used. It isn't a hard climb and you quickly find your way up to the base of the tower. Its black stone is the same sort that this outcropping is made of, in contrast to the white stone cliffs around you. Its an odd looking thing, sort of twisted and cyclopean in design. Like the men said, it has no visible door.

To Grey, Debby, and Luta
"I've learned how the Rod of Bounty got loose. A seaside town collapsed about five years ago and one of their Rods got buried in the sea. How's it going on your end?"

Speak with the woman:
"Yes, thank you. I've been alive for only two missions so far. Can you tell me anything helpful about deactivating one of these Rods?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

"They're like flares. Once you light them off, they just keep going until you either destroy them or they burn out in a decade or two.  If you separate them from the ground and don't let them root in anything though, they should have very limited effects.  Did that guy you were talking to say it was IN a creature?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 23, 2021, 06:11:45 pm »

focus, panic won't help here. stay on target. You're a bit battered but it's not time to bail just yet.
I reorient myself and get off the shark so it can't drag me along into something that could kill me.

I then need to make a snap judgement call. It's crowded here, with two friendlies and a shark that I'd really prefer to not piss off. If I can keep expanding this hole in the Hammer safely then I'm going to do so, but if it's so crowded that there's a real danger of friendly fire then forget that. in that case I'll be getting out and getting clear of hazards, flying back towards the ship and looking for anyone that might have fallen overboard and need assistance making it back aboard.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2021, 07:17:10 pm »

((Asking again…

Is the information in this post known to Hugh?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #971 on: September 23, 2021, 08:11:00 pm »

Speak with the woman:
"Yes, that's what he said. We suspected that from the start, since our mission briefing suggested some kind of leviathan was terrorizing the locals, I guess one of the team managed to confirm that."

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 24, 2021, 12:08:26 am »

Pull Grey’s thread (relink asap). If I'm able to be aware of the rod, then I’ll use a fate point to turn the HAMMER FLESH around the rod into a LEASH. The goal being to create a leash that’s already fixed on the rod. Then I’ll fasten that rod to the shark, and tell it yank as hard as it can. If that doesn’t work, or the spell fails, then I’ll just ask the shark to try to eat the rod.

This is all assuming it wouldn’t be metagaming to know about the rod yet. If I don’t know about the rod, then I’ll teleport to Grey and just start stabbing.

(Edit) Tell everyone what my plan is and wait until nobody is the the way.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 12:05:17 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 24, 2021, 12:41:54 am »

With so much regenerating meat in the way, retrieving the rod looks like it'll be a pain. We could use a magical solution right now, hmm...

I could try doing it myself but I don't want to risk dropping the hammer and us into the ocean in the process, let's see if one of the others can do it.

Grey braces himself against the shifting walls of meat and raises his needle, putting his attention into communicating with Debby.

"Debby, we're inside the hammer and I can see the rod of bounty, but the hammer is regenerating too quickly for us to reach it. Do you think you could ask the hammer's body to make enough space for us to move around and retrieve the rod?"

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:38:49 am by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 24, 2021, 04:42:29 am »

(My needle fell overboard earlier, so I can't hear what's being said and I can't remember if I have the force so I can get it back.)

"God I'm not accomplishing anything doing this."
Debby then gets an idea that is ether really brilliant or really stupid.

Tell the hammer's body to give up and die so we don't have to keep chopping away at it, also try to remember if I can use the force or something to get my needle back, and if I can do so.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 116