Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 33036 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #345 on: October 07, 2022, 10:41:04 pm »

Irine and Doc
Initiative
Irine 10
Doc 2 (Agility 20)
Asclepius 15
Glycon 2 (Agility 16)
Asterios 12

Doc Luck Check: 2 (Success), 15 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for all.
Irine Gains 25 Mana (Now 175)
Asclepius Loses 60 Mana (Now 140)
Asterios Loses 60 Mana (Now 175)
Doc Loses 60 Mana (Now 140)
Glycon Loses 60 Mana (Now 40)
Asterios Strength Check: 11 (Success), 19 (Crit Success), Remainder 12 vs 6 (Success), 19 (No Crit), Remainder 2
Asclepius Strength Check: 14 (Failure)
Glycon Strength Check: 16 (Failure)
Doc Strength Check: 7 (Success), 4 (Crit Success), Remainder 1 vs 19 (Failure)
Asterios Loses 75 Mana (Now 100): Activate NP (- to all other units Strength, Agility, and Endurance Rolls. Gain + to Agility for Movement)

Noting that Doc hadn’t started screaming like a little girl already, Irine wondered if perhaps she’d misjudged the man, but then again, he hadn’t seen what her fire could really  do yet either. She continued to pump her mana into the spell, as her territory provided her with additional mana, waiting until the towering inferno would soon consume the forest.

As for Doc, he’d decided that if his opponent had the horns of a bull, perhaps some of the techniques he’d seen used against bulls would work just fine, as he got ready to start with hit and run tactics, when the fire suddenly increased in intensity, burning at him and his opponent. While his mana went to work patching him up, he felt a pull, like gravity, pulling him towards the center of the forest.

While he was able to fight off the pull, bracing his feet into the ground, he saw that his opponent, who seems to have been subject to the same pull, was similarly resistant. He once more prepared to jump out of the way of a swing, but the bull man’s focus seemed to be somewhere else, as he looked towards the forest.

“Cousin won’t like this.” he said, as he closed his eyes.

Suddenly, Doc felt a sensation in his stomach like he’d just been thrown off a horse, as if his whole body had been thrown into the air and out of his control. The edges of his vision blurred and turned… purplish, as despite his feet never leaving the ground, he felt for certain that he was dropping.

When things finally felt… close enough to normal again, Doc realized he was no longer in the open air forest. Rather, he was sitting on his hands and knees inside some kind of massive stone structure. He stood up, but was immediately hit with a massive wave of vertigo, as the world seemed to spin around him. He squinted, looking around. There were three different doorways around him, one forward, one back, and one to the right. Well, whatever the case, it seemed that the Bull Man was gone, so at least he wasn’t about to be cut in half in his weakened state.

On Irine’s end, she wasn’t sure what happened, but from her position outside of the forest, she could feel Doc and the other mana signatures… shift. It wasn’t that they moved, they were in the same places as before but… if she tried to focus on them, while they were there, they weren’t there. It was almost like they’d entered into an entirely new region, both inside the forest and not. She wasn’t even sure if her fire would affect… wherever they were.

So, this is how I'm doing intitiative. As for the actual round, give how Chaos Labyrnthos works, I thought it may be able to protect Asterios and the others from Irine's effect, as Irine target's a region, and the Labyrinth is technically a separate region, though she managed to get a good amount of hurt on all of them first, including Doc. As for Asterios not being where Doc ended up, I figured he could probably decide where he ends up when he sets up his NP, and I didn't want to have Doc have to keep going 1v1 with him with the Labyrinth effects going on too, at least for now.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 07, 2022, 10:56:41 pm »

This is bad, but there seems to only be one play to make here.
Keep channeling
gameplan is to keep building the firestorm. I can go in there myself once it has built up momentum and is semi-self-sustaining to try to get Doc out, but first priority has to be to convert the forest from their territory into mine.

Irine
current form: Human
mana: 175/200

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 07, 2022, 11:01:21 pm »

Doc coughs up blood. Again. As he had warned earlier smoke isn't particularly good for his lungs, nor is getting dragged into alternate planes of realities apparently.

Being a clever fella Doc realized he was probably in the Minotaur's labyrinth. Which isn't a good place to be, if you're not the Minotaur. He's got the homefield advantage here...and worse yet, now that we're separated they're able to double team whoever they want. If I don't get out of here we'll both end up dying.

Looking between the three doors and his bloodied hands, he marks the right one with a bloodied handprint. For the first time in his life this disease might actually help. This way he knows where he's gone, at least. It would help a bit more if he started at the entrance like the story, but this at least gives him a conceptual thread. He walks through the right door with his hand on the right wall, marking it every so often (specifically whenever he coughs up blood).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 10, 2022, 12:32:48 am »

Irine and Doc

Initiative
Irine 14
Doc 18
Asclepius 20
Glycon 10
Asterios 2

Doc Luck Check: 2 (Success), 20 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Irine Gains 25 Mana (Now 200)
Doc Agility Roll: 17 (Failure)

Irine could tell that the situation had just taken a turn for the worse for her and Doc. If the enemies weren’t in the forest anymore, than she didn’t have any way to attack them, and if Doc was trapped in some weird alternate world with them, he didn’t have any way to get out. Still, she didn’t have many good options, so she just kept powering up her flames, so that when she went to rescue Doc, they had cover.

If he survived that long.

As for Doc himself, he was learned enough to realize that if you were fighting a giant, bull horned man, and then you found yourself stuck in a giant stone maze underground, then you were probably in the minotaur’s labyrinth, and he was also smart enough to know how fucked that meant he probably was.

With nothing better to do than explore, Doc walked into the right door, marking the right wall with his blood as he went, so he’d at least know the way he’d been, if not where he was or where he was going. The walk was tense, the only sound he heard being his own footsteps and coughs, but thankfully uneventful. After a twisting walk through the hallway, he found his way to another crossroads, two doors before him, leading to the left and right, and the way back the way he came behind him.

This one's a bit less eventful, since Irine is away from the action and Doc can only wander around for now. The agility rolls for Doc are just for how quickly he moves around, so a failure just means a slow walking pace, not that he can't move.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 10, 2022, 01:48:18 am »

Please get out of there Doc.
Stop channeling and head in to look for Doc.

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 200/200

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 10, 2022, 10:33:49 am »

Doc decides to gamble his way through. He takes a bullet and spins it on the ground, going to whatever door it is closer to pointing to.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 10, 2022, 10:50:35 am »

Doc decides to gamble his way through. He takes a bullet and spins it on the ground, going to whatever door it is closer to pointing to.
Given this would fall to a luck check, and I want to accurately make it so a better roll is actually the outcome you would want, what is Doc’s goal in this case?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 10, 2022, 10:51:49 am »

Given this would fall to a luck check, and I want to accurately make it so a better roll is actually the outcome you would want, what is Doc’s goal in this case?

Escaping the labyrinth

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 10, 2022, 12:05:25 pm »

Escaping the labyrinth

Got it. I assumed as such, but wanted to be sure.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 11, 2022, 02:44:02 pm »

murder the girl. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 11, 2022, 11:40:01 pm »

Irine and Doc

Initiative
Irine 17
Doc 10
Asclepius 4
Glycon 18
Asterios 14

Doc Luck Check: 6 (Success), 20 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Irine Agility Check: 14 (Failure)
Doc Luck Check (Way Out): 15 (Success), 16 (No Crit), Remainder 5

Now that her fire was decently self-sustaining enough to not constantly have to channel Mana to, Irine got to work at looking out for her partner. After all, if Doc was stuck in some extra dimensional space with both their opponents… calling her a liar or not, she had a responsibility to keep him from getting killed.

Unfortunately, as she ran into the woods, she also ran into something of a road block, which was kind of her own fault. Some of the trees, their bases burnt and weakened by the fire, had collapsed under their own weight, falling over as to make the path Irine had intended to take impossible.

Meanwhile, Doc was having slightly better luck… maybe. Honestly, he wasn’t sure if the result was lucky or not. He’d taken a bullet out of one of his guns and placed it on the floor, spinning it like a roulette wheel, and the result had been that it pointed between the left door and the door that he’d come from, slightly closer to the latter.

Nuada
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 160)
Nuada Agility Roll: 6 (Success), 8 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 14 vs 9 (Success), 3 (Crit Success), Remainder 9
Damage Check: 2 (Success), 13 (Crit Success) (2x), Remainder 16 vs 19 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 5
Frankenstein Loses 60 Mana (Now 165)
Frankenstein Loses 70 Mana (Now 95): NP Activates (-4 To Roll Under Number for Agility, Endurance, and Luck for 3 Actions. -5 for Opponents’ Roll Under Number for Agility)
Frankenstein Gains 10 Mana (Now 105)
Nuada Loses 110 Mana (Now 50)
Wail of the Falsely Living Activates: -4 for Opponents’ Roll Under Number for Agility

Nuada swung at the girl, his blade sinking into her side before her mace met it. While it cut into her, her mace stopped it from going in too deep, and by the time she’d managed to force the sword out, her body was already starting to heal the injury.

Now, it was the girl’s turn to respond.

Her body began to glow, as greenish yellow light surrounded it. The ball at the end of her mace split into 8 sections, opening and beginning to spin, as a coppery taste developed in Nuada’s mouth. The energy grew, radiating off her, as it began to take shape around them, arcs of lightning spreading off from the base like the branches of a dead tree. The energy coursed through Nuada, the silver of his arm and armor conducting it right into his flesh, causing his nerves to fire off and his limbs to shake. The electricity in the air made the girl’s bangs stand out of the way of her eyes, so he could see the rage in her green irises.

Lightning radiated from the center, blasting apart the trees around them, the force of impact causing leaves and wild flowers to fly through the air, burning up as they were struck by the lightning. The girl’s screams filled the air, a ghastly wail that reminded Nuada of the banshees of his homeland. The mace spun faster and faster, until finally, a ball of super dense energy glowed over the girl, and then exploded, causing a roar of sound that blocked out anything else, and a blast of pure light that blinded Nuada, as electricity coursed through him.

When he could see again, the screaming was still there, along with a ringing in his ears. His whole body felt like it had just been cooked a bit, and it didn’t move like he wanted it to anymore. The girl looked worse for wear too, freshly burnt and slightly raw, like the electricity had burnt off her outside layer. Regardless, she looked better than he felt.

Failbird has officially asked to be temporarily removed from the game, as they just can't get the inspiration to write for Jon Henry and a lot of new games they like came out, but they will be returning when the group tests start with a new character.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 12, 2022, 12:10:28 am »

Comon...
Keep the fires raging via Soul of Fire while I continue attempting to reach Doc.

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 200/200

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 12, 2022, 06:10:06 pm »

Return back (marking the new right wall) and spin the bullet again.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 12, 2022, 06:41:29 pm »

kill her! also, how many turns left on my cooldown?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 12, 2022, 08:32:49 pm »

Keep the fires raging via Soul of Fire while I continue attempting to reach Doc.

Wait, you're able to keep your NP from going down when not channeling due to Soul of Fire? That seems a bit powerful. I'm willing to give you the ability to delay it dropping, but not pause. Or, if you want to go with pause, maybe some demerit to rolls to represent splitting some of your focus to maintaining it.

how many turns left on my cooldown?
4 turns remain. I'm only counting the ones you had actions in.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41