Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60

Author Topic: News Update War in Ukraine - Junior Reporter Edition  (Read 59472 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: News Update War in Ukraine - Junior Reporter Edition
« Reply #585 on: November 23, 2022, 10:46:19 pm »

A bunch of heroic partisans who were planning a bombing of a government building apparently got killed in a shootout with the FSB, which killed a few officers. Rest well, fallen heroes, and may your peers kill thousands more!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 23, 2022, 11:06:37 pm »

A bunch of heroic partisans who were planning a bombing of a government building apparently got killed in a shootout with the FSB, which killed a few officers. Rest well, fallen heroes, and may your peers kill thousands more!
Could be a cover story for the FSB to murder some college students. But bravo, may it inspire more resistance.
I thought the Russians used to actually be good at stifling dissent. Outdated techniques in modern times, I guess.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 24, 2022, 12:25:07 am »

Vranyo; I am lying to you, you know I am lying to you, but still I am lying to you
If people reading this haven't watched this video I highly highly recommend it since it explains so much about the war.

If you don't want to watch an entire hour video I'll sumarize it a bit for you. It  basically says that there is systemic lying about everything at every single level of the Russian command structure which is actually a huge huge deal.

The entire reason Putin went into the war? Because people were lying to him.
The reason everyone thought that Russia had a super awesome military? Everyone in the military lying to each other and the press about how awesome it was.

The reason Russia is claiming they killed like 300% of the Ukranian air force and took some towns like ten times? Because people are lying to their boss who lie to their boss who lie to their boss who lies to the media.
---
And currently its resulting in stuff like this, where Russia seems to just zerg rush hundreds of dudes in with no support for no reason because everyone is lying to their commanders and saying that things are going super great so their commanders just smile at the good news and send them in.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 24, 2022, 01:45:06 am »

Vranyo; I am lying to you, you know I am lying to you, but still I am lying to you
If people reading this haven't watched this video I highly highly recommend it since it explains so much about the war.

If you don't want to watch an entire hour video I'll sumarize it a bit for you. It  basically says that there is systemic lying about everything at every single level of the Russian command structure which is actually a huge huge deal.

The entire reason Putin went into the war? Because people were lying to him.
The reason everyone thought that Russia had a super awesome military? Everyone in the military lying to each other and the press about how awesome it was.

The reason Russia is claiming they killed like 300% of the Ukranian air force and took some towns like ten times? Because people are lying to their boss who lie to their boss who lie to their boss who lies to the media.
---
And currently its resulting in stuff like this, where Russia seems to just zerg rush hundreds of dudes in with no support for no reason because everyone is lying to their commanders and saying that things are going super great so their commanders just smile at the good news and send them in.

I think you're missing the critical fact that lies need a kernel of truth to really thrive.
THAT is why the zerg rushes occur, the offenses occur, etc.  The smarter commanders are trying to back their lies with their limited resources.  So they send conscripts to the front with no support to announce glorious successes.

To say "no reason" fails to give the Devil his due. 

I think we need to assume many in Russia's military apparatus have real reasons for what they do. Terrible reasons, but reasons.
Our world may rely upon our nations' governments to truly dissect why Russia's various leaders do what they do, how they might act under different circumstances, and what could inspire them to acts that favor non-Russians the most.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 24, 2022, 04:57:30 am »

I wonder if we'll ever find out why Russia sending all these soldiers into a meat grinder to die.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 24, 2022, 05:40:41 am »

I wonder if we'll ever find out why Russia sending all these soldiers into a meat grinder to die.

Putin's ego. That is the reason. Like, literally. At least the biggest reason.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #591 on: November 24, 2022, 06:12:37 am »

Putin looks into a camera
LOOKS LIKE YOU JUST GOT EPIC PRANKED BROOOOO!!!!! REMEMBER TO HIT THAT BELL ICON, SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 24, 2022, 06:42:12 am »

lel
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 24, 2022, 09:56:38 am »

One day, Putin will make a broadcast to all channels. His only words?

"Аристократы!"

Then the war will stop and he will step down.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 25, 2022, 04:27:54 am »

I don't see how talking about a movie about cats will do anything and why Putin would mention it or how it would end the war.

It would be pretty funny if this whole thing turned out to be some weird prank only Putin found funny.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 25, 2022, 07:55:39 am »

I don't see how talking about a movie about cats will do anything and why Putin would mention it or how it would end the war.

It would be pretty funny if this whole thing turned out to be some weird prank only Putin found funny.
Aristocrats. Not Aristocats.

And you got it. :P

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 25, 2022, 08:29:54 am »

Electricity is overrated (God bless my powerbank and my tablet full of Tv-series)

More strikes on energy infrastrusture this week and many more to come. Winter will be... chilly.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 25, 2022, 11:37:46 am »

Forced conscription always gathers meat for the meat-grinder, and the officers and career military are always protected by that meat-shield. The expression of exclusionary politics on the battlefield is "you go first". Those Russian conscripts are not dying in a new way and mass communication is the only reason you are hearing about it.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #598 on: November 25, 2022, 01:57:06 pm »

Forced conscription always gathers meat for the meat-grinder, and the officers and career military are always protected by that meat-shield. The expression of exclusionary politics on the battlefield is "you go first". Those Russian conscripts are not dying in a new way and mass communication is the only reason you are hearing about it.
That's not entirely true; in the spirit of egalitarianism Russian generals have also been getting themselves pointlessly killed, to show solidarity with all the conscripts they're pointlessly getting killed
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60