Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 53298 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #585 on: May 12, 2023, 01:09:04 am »

If We keep talking about it, then it won't die.
At least that guy has a limited lifespan.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 12, 2023, 01:46:25 am »

Let us mark this thread as a testament of Elon's stupidity and move on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 12, 2023, 01:53:39 am »

Who honestly cares about twatter?  It exudes pure stupidity.  There is nothing good about it, and Elon Musk being an absolute moron more or less ensures its demise.
I dont  particularily like Elon Musk but people have been announcing Twitter's imminent demise for a year and its still here
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 12, 2023, 03:40:35 am »

I dont  particularily like Elon Musk but people have been announcing Twitter's imminent demise for a year and its still here
I, for one, still think it's doomed. I stand by my extensive predictions about it on my Geocities page, or you can listen to my MyAudio2Go podcasts... Just search for them on HotBot.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #589 on: May 12, 2023, 05:01:55 am »

Who can say with such huge companies? The only certainty in life is that everything must end one day. Whether it has a Skype collapse or a Yahoo collapse you just never know with this kinda stuff. Everything's too big to fail until it dies

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 12, 2023, 05:38:03 am »

It really depends on what is the purpose of twitter. For many it seem to be an idea shout out gladiator ring, which might make it even more popular. Especially if the claims about turning it into multipurpose app are true.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 12, 2023, 07:15:27 am »

My favorite part of the new Twitter is losers who were confident that their accounts had nearly zero followers because of "woke Twitter algorithms" and not the fact that no one is interested in their stupid content.

I wonder how soon they will turn on Musk when they'll lose hope that $8 per month will make them popular.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 12, 2023, 07:23:14 am »

I'd pay 8 dollars a month to make a friend
Love, scriver~

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 12, 2023, 07:46:23 am »

My favorite part of the new Twitter is losers who were confident that their accounts had nearly zero followers because of "woke Twitter algorithms" and not the fact that no one is interested in their stupid content.

I wonder how soon they will turn on Musk when they'll lose hope that $8 per month will make them popular.
These aren't the bread and butter of twitter, and I don't see brands and celebrities giving up on such huge platform. Otherwise there is no shortage of people who love to hate musk.

Also if musk manage to turn twitter into a super app, I suspect that many things will change. I wouldn't be surprised if musk blue tag(?) isn't motived purely by need to verify users (by which you provide financial info) but a stepping stone.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 08:29:25 am by jipehog »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 12, 2023, 10:11:35 am »

What, they don't have any non-for-profits out your way?
I pay like 70/year for a whole building of friends, and they mostly buy me drinks. But then again, I might have given up more of my life than I should have...

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 12, 2023, 11:52:30 am »

Musk confirms Twitter’s new CEO is ad guru Linda Yaccarino from NBCUniversal

god forbid women do anything
Only in the last few years hav women CEOs outnumbered CEOs named John. And when they are given the chance it's often only when some asshole has screwed every thing up so bad none the the Johns (or James, Roberts, Toms, Dicks, or Harrys) will take the job. Then when they fail to to save the unsavable fast enough it gets blamed on them not being a man.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 12, 2023, 11:56:47 am »

Tucker Carlson will apparently be bringing his particular brand of lying free-speech to Twitter, as his show will now be relaunched on the platform.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 12, 2023, 11:58:10 am »

What, they don't have any non-for-profits out your way?
I pay like 70/year for a whole building of friends, and they mostly buy me drinks. But then again, I might have given up more of my life than I should have...
This is a lot more reliable than trying for twitter, heh. We've seen what ol' muskrat will do to twitter blue holders (cf. twitter files asshole, far more literally with relevant tesla owners), and it's throw them under a bus and then drive it back and forth a few times :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 12, 2023, 12:31:35 pm »

Musk confirms Twitter’s new CEO is ad guru Linda Yaccarino from NBCUniversal
Ahh advertising the real bread and butter, seems like smart choice that many investors would like.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 12, 2023, 01:02:32 pm »

I'unno, from what I've seen their latest chops was some kind of streaming service they've managed to lead to what's approaching billion dollar losses. Investors have brains like goldfish with head injuries, though, so who knows.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 69