Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 15 - THE FINAL PHASE  (Read 17673 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 13
« Reply #375 on: February 24, 2023, 08:59:30 pm »

I'm also concerned about ezmoding Brutus because that doesn't actually get anyone's powers back and our odds of containing him are... nebulous. Negotiation is waaaaaaaay riskier but likewise has a bigger payoff if it works.
i bet if you kill him all the powers come spilling out of his corpse like a lootbox
Highlander style power inheritance would be very appropriate but it's a risky thing to rely on.

Also the Dandy Lads do not kill, so it doesn't help us specifically very much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 24, 2023, 09:26:23 pm »

We are willing to send Jennifer and the bola launcher to easy mode #6 if the Dandy Lads want to help us hit an E-corp location instead of giving the guy all your powers.
Dandy Lads are contractually unable to hit a [Deadly] mission without the appropriate protection, so it's possible but expensive for us to get in on that.

I'm also concerned about ezmoding Brutus because that doesn't actually get anyone's powers back and our odds of containing him are... nebulous. Negotiation is waaaaaaaay riskier but likewise has a bigger payoff if it works.

If we have enough access to research him, we can probably copy his power stealing ability like what happened to Jennifer and Retry.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2023, 11:04:03 pm »

i bet if you kill him all the powers come spilling out of his corpse like a lootbox
the question is, do *you* get his powers? do they go to random people? or do they return to their original owners? given this world, I'd bet more on the first two options.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 24, 2023, 11:15:41 pm »

Almost my entire team - Lexicon, Bolt, and Brouhaha - need to rest, while Chase goes around hustling up some merchandising deals to increase income.
Meanwhile, Lexicon immediately calls in his favor with Sol Heart to go have a heart-to-heart with Brutus and get him to stop stealing everyone's powers. He's not sure if that 'cold' trait will block the emotional control, but if it doesn't work, he'll just chalk it up as "revenge for blabbing about the emails."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 24, 2023, 11:28:32 pm »

You can heal one injury from each of your heroes for free the small cost of contributing to highly experimental mad science.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 25, 2023, 02:50:47 am »

Spoiler: The Watch (click to show/hide)

The Watch seems like they need some help, ask for a favor later in exchange for 2 funds.
Take one Watch crossover, thank you for your contribution.

Psyla gets Marigold's Special for her rat bites.
Void will go to deal with the Sandstorm, with the assistance of Jennifer. Jennifer will have the control belt, so that Void can safely cut a way through the storm for her without risking her shutting down his powers. When they reach Gaffer, Jennifer will turn off the control belt to shut down both Gaffer and Void, and presumably get out of the area safely with both of them. (2)
Frostara, without much she needs to do, having recently healed, and with the Watch constantly needing money, will attend Marigold's medical research. (9)
Retry, Doc, and Psyla will attempt to break Thornrose out before E Corp can break her like they broke Harpoodle. (3)

Cara hugged Evelyn, who chuckled.
"It's good to see you again, too, kiddo."

Mangler, Wiffle, and Slinger (given a Hazmat suit) will endeavor to deal with Muskrat and either stop E Corp from fucking around or save whatever poor soul those idiots brought into a likely-painful existence. (4)

The Mangler was at something of a loss for words.
"That is the name you've chosen, right? What's the issue?"
"You're- you're the first one to actually call me that, though." He looked like he was tearing up.
Naturally, Wiffle had to ruin the moment.
"Oh, worry not. You shall still remain the team's favorite mango."
The Mangler shot his teammate a dirty look as his last chance at dignity shriveled up and died.

Finally, Cephala will scope out the E Corp HQ. The team can't afford the mirror suits necessary to tackle the place safely yet, but with her invisibility, Cephala should be able to work out a plan of approach. (0-6)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 25, 2023, 03:48:13 am »

True, true. Not sure where you intend to set-up, but you could have a plan here.

If I set him up on a tall building in Old Town he'd be able to snipe at #1, #3, #5, #6, and heck #9 if Marigold ends up some E corp mindcontrol from that time she was kidnapped. #6 would be close enough for retaliation since it is actually in Old Town. I'm not actually sure if Mireton also counts, but if it does he could also shoot into #2 from the same position. Old Town is just kinda a great central location. I guess Luke lucked into being placed there.

But spreading the Spork out like that is completely unnecessary if other teams are already handling those missions so I can have him focus on the big fight for this turn. Oh right other teams are also a thing. I guess I could use other teams for spotters too.

Anyway the Spork sets up a sniping position in Old Town with a clear line of fire to E-corp HQ. Tin Soldier, PB, Lord Bombarrel, and Toytown will move in full force at #5 to cut off the head of the snake. PB and Toytown get all their toys - including the Antievobolauncher, guns, and all the literal toys. Be prepared to face giant robots. A PB will be the designated spotter, since he can do it without being distracted and has the marksmanship knowledge necessary to perform that position well. Try to touch base with that new invisible hero that never attempted to murder us in the past, since from past experience it seems like E corp likes to make gadgets to counter their enemies and we're at the top of that list.

Nobody actually likes us Down Town and the feelings mutual so we can't call for local assistance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Two - Mission Phase 12
« Reply #382 on: February 25, 2023, 05:32:28 pm »

The Baron has unfortunately gone too far this time. Somewhere along the way he moved on from Keyfabe psuedo-crime into actual real crime. And we let him get away with it.

It is time to right this wrong. Nitrox, Mentat, Camarada, Película, Chap Stick, and Zirconia will attend the Kaijoodle calamity (#1).

Meanwhile, The Woman Lamp will join the Watch in Mireton (#2), in case they need some fire power, or an eye in the sky.

Crackler will visit Marigold for some research (#9).

Also, an Armour suit is bought for Película.

Spoiler: Protection Inc. (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 04, 2023, 06:26:51 pm »

MISSION PHASE 13 REPORTS - A

Spoiler: #0 Personal Missions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #1 Kaiju-Pup (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #2 Sandstorm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects.txt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #4 New Life (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #5 E-Corp HQ (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #5 Addendum - Old Town (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 08:20:29 pm by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 04, 2023, 06:32:09 pm »

MISSION PHASE 13 REPORTS - B

Spoiler: #6 Et tu? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #7 Cleansing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #8 Base Invasion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #9 Healing Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #10 Golemtown (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 04, 2023, 06:35:29 pm »

OPPORTUNITY PHASE 13

The Dandy Lads
1. AWE have been clearing through a warehouse of Don Jetman's inventions that never saw the light of day. He had a body-mounted short-range teleporter based on a device recovered from Carmen La Plaga's body after the Crimson Plague fight. It was set up to teleport someone back to HQ when injured, only it is quite sensitive and would teleport someone for a bloody nose as much as for a gunshot.
Offer: A Dandy Lad hero gets an Emergency Teleporter a good guard against fatal attacks, but they may be taken out of fights prematurely.

Bro Club
1. Bro Club have spent a lot of time hanging out, resting at the clubhouse in Sandup. One day they get a letter from Joshua Tree. He says that there's a lot of bloodshed to come, but for all their prior bonds of brotherhood he doesn't want to see him come to blows.
Offer: Joshua Tree will avoid attending any mission that the Bro Club are attending, but Bro Club will gain +1 Team Infamy (Turning a Blind Eye)
2. Chase looks into a way of making some money through merchandising. He talks with various toy companies, bag makers, design agencies, until he feels ready to make a deal...
Offer: +3 income from merchandising deals, but the team are contractually obliged not to take too many risks that will jeopardise toy lines: -1 income for each Deadly mission attended.

The Watch
1. The Mangler II is spending more and more time with his new teammate Wiffle and its starting to rub off on him...
Offer: Mangler gains "Calm" but loses "Destructive"
2. Inspired by Chiffon, Anuran wants to return to Watchtower, only he wants to take proper precautions and asks if his allies might consider making him some custom frog-themed gadgets
Offer: Anuran enters Watchtower, loses "Depressed" and gains "Frog Gadgets" trait, but someone able to make such a gadget misses the next mission phase
3. Gain Cross-Over with Watchpoint
4. In the secret passages leading from the basements of the E-Corp HQ, Cephala finally manages to get signal and send a message to the team. She could pursue Dr Muldoon to his bugout in the tunnels under the city.
Offer: Cephala gains "Catacomb Sneaker" trait and is first on the scene in the next Dr Muldoon mission, but cannot be reapplied elsewhere that phase.
5. Dr Hijank (Verdigris) misses her friend Keros (Bitrot). She considers asking him to return as a friend, rather than an active hero.
Offer: Keros would be present at the base and would be count as a team member for cohesion and fame/infamy purposes but could not actually be assigned onto missions.
6. Void has rarely met anyone he can just be normal around without any technology getting in the way. He'd like to go on a date with Jennifer!
Offer: Void gains trait "Dating Jennifer" and loses "Self Doubting" and "Unsettling", but misses next mission phase.

Route Horizon
1. Pathfinder was effective in the last fight but she wonders whether she should be throwing herself head first like that. Wasn't that what got Endless Highway killed? But then... isn't throwing yourself headlong into danger what a hero should do?
Offer: Pathfinder gains trait "Tactical" but loses "Self-Sacrificing" and "Acting In Endless Highway's Memory"

PUNCH!
1. PUNCH! need a new base ASAP. There's a recently emptied one in Old Town, that used to be owned by The Watch... but a more secret base might be better?
Offer either:
A: PUNCH! move to the huge river base, but it's public knowledge that that base is reoccupied.
OR
B: PUNCH! downsize and move to a large totally anonymous apartment in their beloved Dusk Beach, but two team members will have to leave the team.

Protection Inc
1. Distraught by Reflux's stony predicament, Película wants to see if Marigold will try and use her experimental Refresher to undo the damage... despite the possible risks.
Offer: Reflux is healed and joins Protection Inc. as a grateful member but Reflux gains trait "Unstable Time Position" and Spawn of Satan gains trait "Resents Protection Inc".
2. Mentat is saddened by the loss of a once promising hero, Harpoodle. Perhaps a memorial for all the heroes lost in the line of duty might be appropriate?
Offer: Pick a neighbourhood for the memorial and +1 neighbourhood rep for each team that lost a hero in that neighbourhood, but -1 income to organise (SPECIAL: this opportunity can be applied for as many neighbourhoods as you like, so long as you have the income).
3. Camarada knows that she and Película could have been killed by Mortar if they hadn't got lucky... someone should do something about these rogue villains, surely?
Offer: The Gray Company are the subject of a mission in the next phase, but Camarada loses trait "forgiving"

The Gray Company
1. The Company came off with quite a haul. It might take someone some time to get the fancier bits properly appraised and safely fenced off.
Offer: +1 income, but a team-member of your choice is locked in for the next mission phase and this can't be Rat King.

House Edge
1. House Edge are sent an anonymous message with camera footage of Slinger and Verdigris with voice recordings and gait analysis indicating that these are actually the supposedly dead villains Slugnut and Dr Hijank. Further evidence suggests that 'Clear Spirit' and 'Bitrot' must be Cephala and Keros, respectively. This could be an explosive revelation if it got out, and could be a big career move for whoever revealed it...
Offer Either:
A: House Edge gain +2 team fame "Unveiled The Watch Deception" and the Watch lose 2 Team Infamy "Murdered Odd Squad in cold blood" but gain 3 Team Infamy "In Cahoots With The Odd Squad" and the Odd Squad members of the Watch would gain their original infamy scores.
OR
B: The message is ignored for now (it can be revealed for the same effect at any future opportunity phase).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Two - Recruitment Phase 12
« Reply #386 on: March 04, 2023, 07:01:20 pm »

RECRUITMENT PHASE 14

NOTE: The 15th set of phases will be the last in this game.

Removing/Changing Team Members

Spoiler: Letting Members Go (click to show/hide)

A team member can be promoted to the new leader without a coup: the old leader gains -1 fame and the "ex-leader" trait, and the new leader gains +1 fame.

Hiring
Everyone who has slots may either seek to recruit one hero from the recruitment pool OR they may hold tryouts to fill all slots. You may instead propose a team merger with another team, if your team has enough room to accommodate all new members. Villain teams recruit from the Rogue's Gallery instead.

Due to the Mayor's Clemency: in addition to any other recruitment, hero teams may take one one villain in custody onto their team (ignoring requirements like fame and max team size). Once they are redeemed (fame higher than infamy), you may recruit again in this way. Villains recruited still count towards your team size as normal. Villains have fame 0 by default.

You can't recruit someone with a higher fame than your team's fame. Villains recruit with Infamy instead of Fame. If two people try to recruit the same person, I'll flip to see who gets to them first.

Spoiler: Recruitment Pool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Teams in Other Cities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rogue Gallery (click to show/hide)

Here's a reminder of the Tryout process, from the OP.
Spoiler: Tryouts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 07:17:46 pm by notquitethere »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season One - (9/~4) - MISSION PHASE 2 BEGINS
« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2023, 07:57:48 pm »

Move to the apartment. Lynx, Pockette, and Atla get spun off to Los Destinos as "KICK".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PUNCH! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 01:25:47 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Recruitment Phase 14
« Reply #388 on: March 04, 2023, 08:20:47 pm »

We almost actually made it to the end? Honestly I thought you would have got burned out by now. This is like the second time in B12 history a game managed to make it to its stated goal.

Can I use the Marigold's Special with my Team Identity? If not I'll have to use the videos to blackmail Retry so we can make our own to fix Tin Soldier's eternal internal torment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Recruitment Phase 14
« Reply #389 on: March 04, 2023, 08:26:35 pm »

We almost actually made it to the end? Honestly I thought you would have got burned out by now.
The end is in sight! I bit off a lot more than I should have, but it's been fun for me to write so I'm confident at making it to the end.

Can I use the Marigold's Special with my Team Identity?
Marigold's Special is a Service, not a Good, so you can buy it.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29