Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (SG) Mad Max with Vampire Wizards  (Read 1537 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
(SG) Mad Max with Vampire Wizards
« on: January 10, 2023, 11:35:49 am »

The sun is scorching, up in the high sky. The cracked grey desert soil around you looks almost ashen in bright light; miles and miles of featureless wasteland. Only the numberless bleached bones of huge ancient creatures crop up every now and then to break the monotony of the deadly landscape. They backstabbed you, exsanguinated you, robbed you of all stored magic, gutted you for good measure and left you here to die, to Wither of Thirst.

The sun alone would have killed another, but not you - lucky you, your curse waned after the Severing. Just like it did for many others. For you that meant you could walk in the sun openly. Now it means that you are simply parching in the sun like any mortal, only unable to die and slowly roasting alive, too weak and powerless to act without blood. They couldn't have extracted all of it, you are not yet Withered, but the last drops that remain in your veins are only enough for a short burst of action or a day's worth of crawling; they did you in, this time. You lost.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

But the story can't end here, before it had begun, can it? How do you survive?

Were you prepared for this sudden but inevitable treachery?

Do you feel lucky, sucker?

Do you have an ally or a familiar (pet) who could've come to your aid?

...Oh, and you do have a name, don't you?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Mad Max with Vampire Wizards
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 11:49:37 am »

But the story can't end here, before it had begun, can it? How do you survive?

We wait, perfectly motionless, with the patience of the undead. Days, maybe. Weeks. Eventually a scavenging animal approaches, hoping to pick our corpse clean. A vulture, perhaps, or a lizard. With our last mote of strength we seize it, and suck it dry.

Were you prepared for this sudden but inevitable treachery?

No. Our own brood-mate betrayed us - our "sister," for lack of a better word. She was a librarian in life, birthed in vampirism shortly after ourself. Treachery is rampant in the waste, even between siblings, but somehow we'd thought her above all that. Fool.

Do you feel lucky, sucker?

We were lucky before - lord of a waste belfry, first to feed after the champions of our raids. Our unorthodox magnanimity won us something approaching love from our warriors.

We don't feel very lucky now.

Do you have an ally or a familiar (pet) who could've come to your aid?

Our riding dog: a hulking mass of mutant canine, that would've torn apart a lesser rider with ease. Who knows where it is now?

...Oh, and you do have a name, don't you?

Bartholomew Blood - Thomas Baker in life. The vampire family that birthed us wasn't too creative with the last names.
Our belfry called us "Bart the Knife."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 11:53:09 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 11:56:01 am »

We thought we were prepared. We knew the Red Baroness was gathering support in the shadows, ready to overthrow us. We knew the Silver Company had been bribed to turn a blind eye. We also knew that the blade would come via our "trusted lieutenant" Maxby the Hooked.

What we didn't know was that this was all orchestrated by our own progeny 'Alexis', who now rules with the Red Baroness as their consort.

Thankfully we'd made contingencies. When we miss our rendezvous with Gurnen, he'll come looking for us, loyal thrall that he is.

They will rue the day they failed to kill Malakar, the Night Wytch. Luck is for those too weak to make their mark.

((I don't know how much you were hoping for Nikitian, but I had a moment of inspiration. If you have other plans I wouldn't be upset if you vetoed this))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 06:34:13 pm »

-snip-

+1.  This is all fantastic, except the dog and name IMO.

Thankfully we'd made contingencies. When we miss our rendezvous with Gurnen, he'll come looking for us, loyal thrall that he is.

They will rue the day they failed to kill Malakar, the Night Wytch. Luck is for those too weak to make their mark.

+1 to these. I like the rendezvous with Gurnen over ambushing an animal, and the name is excellent.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 02:22:36 am »

-snip-

+1 to these. I like the rendezvous with Gurnen over ambushing an animal, and the name is excellent.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 02:39:00 am »

Aw, the thing with the vulture is the best part you guys :D

klonk
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 02:41:03 am »

Aw, the thing with the vulture is the best part you guys :D
+1, I like it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Flyin' in circles, just tryin' to land
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 03:18:26 am »

-snip-

I have no mouth and I must +1.
Seems this proposal includes the vulture anyways.
I don't necessarily agree.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 08:55:19 am »

Love the suggestions so far! I'll try to fit as many of them as I can into the setting and the game idea constraints. We'll see. :)

(Also, hehe: I expected a small animal ambush as one of the variants, though filed it under "lucky" options. You'd be lucky for a living vulture to show up in this area of the world - or would have to wait a very, very long time. But you can afford to be patient, can't you?..)

A small poll on the character's title: What is the meaning of 'Night' in the Night Wytch? Is it Darkness/Shadows or Necromancy/Death, or perhaps something entirely else? It is also rich irony that a day-enabled vampire would be named after night, but perhaps the title is just *that* old.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2023, 10:19:37 am »

-snip-

I have no mouth and I must +1.
Seems this proposal includes the vulture anyways.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Flyin' in circles, just tryin' to land
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2023, 10:21:10 am »

Mistransliteration of "Knight."
I don't necessarily agree.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2023, 11:23:01 am »

I intentionally left it vague, but I'm partial to Shadows/Darkness.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2023, 11:38:22 am »

The sun doesn't burn us because we hold the darkness within ourself - at least, that's what we've claimed to our belfry. We've studied spells to spread our protection to others (so to speak) by casting a shadow over the land. Our belfry is unusually mobile in daylight hours thanks to our skill, which has enabled us to perform some spectacular ambushes in past.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 09:30:04 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2023, 05:43:32 pm »

We thought we were prepared. We knew the Red Baroness was gathering support in the shadows, ready to overthrow us. We knew the Silver Company had been bribed to turn a blind eye. We also knew that the blade would come via our "trusted lieutenant" Maxby the Hooked.

What we didn't know was that this was all orchestrated by our own progeny 'Alexis', who now rules with the Red Baroness as their consort.

((I don't know how much you were hoping for Nikitian, but I had a moment of inspiration. If you have other plans I wouldn't be upset if you vetoed this))

sounds badass, +1
sincerely,

ih oh

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2023, 02:38:03 am »

The sun doesn't burn us because we hold the darkness within ourself - at least, that's what we've claimed to our belfry. We've studied spells to spread our protection to others (so to speak) by casting a shadow over the land. Our belfry is unusually mobile in daylight hours thanks to our skill, which has enabled us to perform some spectacular ambushes in past.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2