Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: The Singing Constellation: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey (6/∞)  (Read 11213 times)

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
Re: The Singing Constellation: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey (6/∞)
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2023, 05:56:58 pm »

Velklin

Velklin takes several more clumsy, cautious steps - a far cry from his usually expressive (and at times overly dramatic) movements - before shrugging his shoulders and stating over radio:
"Hey, don't look at me that way..." Even though no one was looking at him (probably). "It's not my fault that whatever thaumatic intellect fitted this suit onto me, decided that the soles should be completely flat. And thus, provide zero grip. Anyway, this was a baaad idea, and we should head back to the ship."

Velklin turns his head to look up at Isabam. "Umm... carry me? Please?" He says, and adds on "Believe it or not, It'll probably help me regenerate my mana a bit..." Although, the way he says it, makes it sound like he's just making up an excuse, even though it's not.

Go back inside the ship, one way or another.
Reserving the other two actions for reacting to other players.

Somewhere within the events to follow.

"There's no point to overthinking the code presented to us by the Obelisk.
The one there is obviously the system number. And as for the letters, there are exactly three planets in this system, that have moons. We're on one of the moons. That means this obelisk was probably one of three we have to activate, and the other two are on the other moons."

« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 02:23:50 am by Strif3 »
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2023, 07:35:26 pm »

"There's also three stars here, so there's a bunch of possible interpretations."

"That said, yeah, seems likely enough that the next two are on the first moons of the third and fourth planets."

Before leaving check out for 'corner devices'.  There anything at the point or corners of the obelisk?  Did the obelisk spin around while I was climbing it?

Return to the space ship.

If everyone else is in here, tell the ship to go to the moon of the third planet of this star.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 08:02:12 pm by Devastator »

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2023, 03:06:56 am »

"Umm... I think the 'corner devices' probably refer to the obelisks themselves. As in, the three corners of the triangle...!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2023, 04:44:06 am »

"Oh good I didn't have to go outside, also what's with this place empty rooms and empty boxes, was this ship set up as a sales display or something?"
Go check in the engineering area of the ship there's bound to be tools or something in there I could use as a weapon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2023, 05:04:39 am »

"There's also three stars here, so there's a bunch of possible interpretations."

''Stars? Those are gas giants. The only star here is a red dwarf. And stars are always shown with prominent outer lines.''
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2023, 05:05:37 am »

"Oh good I didn't have to go outside, also what's with this place empty rooms and empty boxes, was this ship set up as a sales display or something?"
Go check in the engineering area of the ship there's bound to be tools or something in there I could use as a weapon.

"Aw brother... I wish i could help you but... I don't have enough mana for a wish." Velklin says, followed with a brief, awkward laugh.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2023, 05:19:20 am »

"Aw brother... I wish i could help you but... I don't have enough mana for a wish." Velklin says, followed with a brief, awkward laugh.
"Don't worry this place can't be completely devoid on equipment.....       Wait, can you just wish things into existence, I thought that was just something that happened in books."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2023, 06:09:21 am »

"Don't worry this place can't be completely devoid on equipment.....       Wait, can you just wish things into existence, I thought that was just something that happened in books."
"No, not really... I'm not really that powerful. But with Small Wish, i can change reality a little bit..." replies Velklin, and begins rubbing the back of his neck. "Aw man, how i explain this...? ...Think of it like pulling out a loaded die while playing a board game. And it works best on things that aren't for sure there... so, not yet observed, right? Like the inside of a closed box. Small Wish can make finding what you want in it more likely when you open it... at least that's how i think it works." He tries to explain, very much struggling to do so.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2023, 04:21:48 am »

"So it is something that can be done, guess you learn something new everyday."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2023, 06:35:50 pm »

Remove a pair of large samples from the obelisk, take one for analysis in engineering, craft the other one in to a pendant.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2023, 09:07:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2023, 04:54:58 pm »

So... When's the next update?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Singing Constellation: A Sci-Fi, High Fantasy Space Odyssey (7/∞)
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2023, 06:54:49 pm »

As the others went to frolick on the rocky surface, Su Lin was thinking. He felt touched by this forgotten god of song, and since they needed belief to be, itnwas worth a shot to try and believe them back to life.

Code: [Select]
Su Lin implores the obelisk: 4
Obelisk has no answers to give. It is but a preprogrammed machine. But it is an anchor point. After all, this dead god could be scryed for with the title of "the one who made this obelisk", so maybe there is still hope.

Su Lin believes the dead god back to life(Must be Higher than 16) :18
Su Lin reaches out into oblivion in a vain attempt to accomplish the deed without names, and calls for the being in the obelisk. The name Ornos reveals itself to him.

For a second, nothing happens. Another second, a beetle had materialised on Lin's head. A small, round beetle made of geometrically cut, colorful coral.

Su Lin grabs the beetle and hold it in both palms in astonishment. The thing is a disoriented mess, ambling around and feeling its limbs, trying to fold its wings back under their elytra. Each time it flaps its wing however, it emits wonderful, melodic sounds that enchantz Su Lin. He had neither seen or heard anything like this before.

It has most likely reverted to a nature spirit, and is now little more than the animal it took the shape of.

It is very pretty though. Su Lin decides to keep little, feral Ornos with him. (Added Item: Ornos)

As soon as he decides that, he also notices small tug on his consciousness. He wants to know music. To understand it. Ornos seems to be affecting him by its mere presence. For a god is always a god. Su Lin thinks of music then. Of song. Of rythm. He feels a little strange. A bit more powerful. A small surge of energy has just flown through him, he feels. And it feels natural too, as far as he is concerned.

Seeing and pitying the demigod child, the steel amazonite grabs him by his neck and pulls him along the dust and boulders. They stop infront of the obelisk, and Isabam tries to pry a piece or two off it.

Roll: 3+2=5
But the obelisk simply does not gives away. She retreats back to the ship with Velklin in tow. The deer kid uses this time to get a bit of rest and have his mana reserves become full again.

The two arrived just in time to listen as the Narrator confirmed Lemmy's suspicions.

"Yeah, it spun all the way, you were just too focused to care or notice."

"Yeah, and?"

"It is funny, you know?"

"Whatever. Is there really nothing else about the thing?"

"It appears so, yes."

Meanwhile, Burt is still busy rummaging through the ship for anything useful to him. Useful as in, deadly. Velklin notices this and offers to help, but also hesitates. He had never needed to learn how to quickly gather mana, relying on passive regeneration all his life. Spending his all his Mana here for a small wish will mean he will be exhausted for some time.

Heads= Velklin uses Wish
Tails= He refrains
=TAILS

Velklin decides not to help Burt, abandoning the animal headed guy to his weaponless fate.

Lemmy points to Heyam-72 A1 on the starchart, and the ship departs the scenic ashen planet to a much similar encounter. A very Saturn-like, ringed gas giant is seen behind an also much larger asteroid, at least a 50 kilometer in size.

The very same obelisk is here too, placed on the geographic pole of the asteroid. Narrator urges you to approach.

"Go on guys. You know what to do this time."

Current Characters

Spoiler: Lemmy | (30/30 HP) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Burt | (40/40 HP) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 07:03:58 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2023, 08:23:25 pm »

Go aim this obelisk at the previous obelisk.

"The main problem is that making a triangle is ambiguous.  Do we aim these at some centrepoint of the triangle made by these three obelisks?  Or do we aim them at each other to make the lines that form a triangle?  There's like a dozen possibilities."

Step through the other options, too.

"Hey, please don't charge them up.  What if they summon something based on how much magic they get?  Lets see if they can get it done without any assistance first."

Try to block the magic being sent to the obelisk.  I want to see if they activate themselves, before letting someone try to activate them directly.  That might be the solution, but lets see what happens if they aren't given magic, first.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 08:32:37 pm by Devastator »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2023, 12:59:55 am »

Su Lin
'Even the mightiest of gods must yield to the cycle of time, for all things move in an eternal dance of creation and destruction.'

Su Lin wasn't entirely sure what to do now. He wasn't entirely sure what would happen as a result of his meditations but it certainly wasn't this. The presence of Ornos brought countless questions to Su Lin's mind, such as 'How does one care for a newly resurrected god anyway?'.

Ornos was a god of music and song specifically. In order to properly get along with it, Su Lin figured that the best way to attempt to communicate with it would be by singing to it. Su Lin decided to try this, even though he wasn't all that confident in his singing voice. He hoped that it wouldn't annoy his crewmates too much.

Action 1: Su Lin shows Ornos the obelisk and comments on how it was the one who created it.
Action 2: Su Lin tries singing to Ornos and observing its reaction.
Action 3: Su Lin attempts to activate this obelisk like the first one via Intention
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18