Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 143

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 103051 times)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2023, 01:31:36 am »

As Kyiv says it is preparing for a counteroffensive there is a report of second Russian freight train derailment and a second fuel depot struck in Crimea this week.

Also Kremlin Guidelines for Media Coverage of Ukrainian Counteroffensive Leaked
- Nothing particular interesting, I do wonder about this though:
The Kremlin has apparently also told state media to avoid mentioning how much of the national budget has been earmarked for the restoration of infrastructure in the Russian-occupied territories of Ukraine, fearing its size could spark public resentment.

Is there any estimates or leaks on that front? I recall that Crimea's "peaceful" annexation has cost Russia dearly, I can't imagine anything about this war going as well as that, no matter how they will cook the numbers

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2023, 02:10:01 am »

I believe everything is desinformation now
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2023, 02:11:54 am »

[Fake News Intensifies]
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2023, 02:32:44 am »

I believe everything is desinformation now
only now  :P

According to Russian sources like Prigozin, Ukraine will luckily going to attack before the 15, probably in a few days.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2023, 06:19:31 am »

Russian propaganda has been predicting dates for the offensive for a while now. With full confidence and so far zero accuracy. A few weeks ago it was the last day of April. I guess they'll get it right eventually.

Speaking of propaganda, have you guys seen the video from Putin's visit to Mariupol? Where he talks to some Random And Genuine [TM] citizens being super thankful and all, while somebody in the background shouts: It's all fake, it's all for show!' And they aired it anyway.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2023, 07:09:07 am »

Heh, this night, a light drone hit Kremlin. No real damage but tells a few things about Russian Air Defense.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2023, 07:17:58 am »

Russian propaganda has been predicting dates for the offensive for a while now. With full confidence and so far zero accuracy. A few weeks ago it was the last day of April. I guess they'll get it right eventually.
That means little. Obviously Russia seek to prepare for upcoming counteroffensive (previous prediction correlated with forecast that soil will be dry from around mid-April), meanwhile Ukraine seek to obfuscate its plan and if necessarily will change them. If you recall this is pretty much what Russia did at the start of war, when it moved troops to the border and then moved some of them back to make fun of USA\UK predictions and cast them as alarmist cries of wolf.

---

Edit: Also recent reports suggest Ukrainian forces may have started securing a foothold among weak Russian defences in Kherson, southern Ukraine.

Heh, this night, a light drone hit Kremlin. No real damage but tells a few things about Russian Air Defense.
Its good propaganda, I believe its part of an effort to force Russia to spread its AA resources around.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 07:29:20 am by jipehog »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2023, 07:36:15 am »

Today is like the first day of warm dry weather

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1653734878075142150

Almost hit the main flag of Russia... A pity. This rag burning would be a great symbol.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2023, 08:28:19 am »

particularly on the kremlin and prior to the Victory Day! I am also wondering if the marches that were canceled over "security threats" were really canceled over fear of protest. I can think of at least one powerful way to protest which would be very hard to enforce and very not camera friendly for the regime.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2023, 08:39:29 am »

Amazing! It looks like the flag was their intended target, and even if it's not really damaged, I call what I see in that video that a good hit.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 03, 2023, 08:42:20 am »

One theory I've heard is that it relates the Immortal Regiment, where people march with pictures of their relatives who perished in the Great Patriotic War. If large numbers of people started to join it with pictures of people lost during the current war, it would highlight the monstrous losses Russia's taken.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2023, 08:45:34 am »

(I was Ninja'd but:)

Based on the video you would think the flag was the target all along. The explosive force would seem to be far too insignificant to do anything else.
(assuming it was not shot down, and there is unexploded ordnance there)

It is a very unsubtle message that Ukraine actually has the ability to get a drone in that location, if it wants to.  Not an actual assassination attempt as Russia claims.

Ganondworf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2023, 12:23:53 pm »

Even after more than one year of war I still continue to be amazed by the Russian brazenness when complaining about Ukrainian actions.

How can anybody say with a straight face that Ukraine has no right to defend itself, or to take out legal military targets? How can anybody complain that the aggressor's intended victim decided not to lie down and surrender, and instead fights Russia tooth and nail? I am sure it is not hard to guess what would have happened if Russian soldiers would have gotten their hands on president Zelenskyy, so my heart bleeds for any Russian who complains about attacks on Russia.

Not.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2023, 12:37:23 pm »

There's a very real possibility that this is a false-flag (no pun intended) incident, or the work of domestic Russian dissidents. Like so many things, we won't know for sure until the war is over at the earliest.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 03, 2023, 01:25:51 pm »

Even after more than one year of war I still continue to be amazed by the Russian brazenness when complaining about Ukrainian actions.

How can anybody say with a straight face that Ukraine has no right to defend itself, or to take out legal military targets? How can anybody complain that the aggressor's intended victim decided not to lie down and surrender, and instead fights Russia tooth and nail? I am sure it is not hard to guess what would have happened if Russian soldiers would have gotten their hands on president Zelenskyy, so my heart bleeds for any Russian who complains about attacks on Russia.

Not.

Today, 19 civilians were killed in Kherson by Russian shellings. Media (even some Ukrainian) cares about some nearly missed flag more and even calls that ESCALATION
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 143