Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29775 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2023, 12:01:51 pm »

Haha, I just realised something. In the last game, both scum teams thought I might be on the rival scum team when I was town. I would not be surprised if more than one cultist thinks I'm in a rival cult.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 11, 2023, 12:07:19 pm »

@NQT:
A Cult Leader's #1 goal is to survive to N1 to try to start recruiting people. Giving people promises of things you'll do on D2 can be seen as a way to survive to do this. That is the point. If you don't accept this as a valid point then I will vote you. Stop saying "what point?" or "there is no point", because we won't get anywhere besides your death.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 11, 2023, 12:10:51 pm »

I think Toaster's assessment of this setup being two solo Cult Leaders is reasonable.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 11, 2023, 12:32:36 pm »

Killing a cult leader on Day 2 is still pretty good.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 11, 2023, 12:34:31 pm »

Ok yeah okay I get why that would seem suspicious now. I thought Web was trying to say that it's a uniquely bad town play to make in a cult setup.

Well anyway no one is going to keep me alive until D2 just for me to explain some master plan.

I think Toaster's assessment of this setup being two solo Cult Leaders is reasonable.
I'd like to believe that, but I suspect it'll be more horrible than that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 11, 2023, 12:49:07 pm »

Jimnosis.

2. The miller thing wasn't a gamblers fallacy thing, you definitely just misunderstood my point. Recently there has been a bunch of people pointing out (maybe it was Web maybe Shakerag, idk) that claiming miller is a good way to be seen as confirmed town. Web's the kind of player to fake claim milleras scum. That's all I'm saying there.
As the other main proponent of this movement, I want to remind you that, so far, I have fakeclaimed miller as town, scum, and third-party, and I have explained why it's beneficial for all three, and not even just in a purely selfish way. Absolutely everyone should claim miller until its benefits have dwindled away from overuse.

I feel like not everyone, especially notquitethere, understands what EuchreJack is claiming, and I can see that web sees it, but he didn't clearly explain it. I was going to clearly explain it, but then I thought, is web not explaining it out of some kind of gambit? Maybe I should just leave it be.

People seem to be suggesting that this is Toaster’s meta, but… weak scumhunting and exaggerated-to-the-point-of-falsehood scumhunting are two different things. And I’m seeing the latter.
I don't disagree with you, but like... I think that is Toaster's meta. I said something to this effect in the last game you weren't in. He doesn't seem to be a bad player in general, to me, but he sometimes gets mired in weird procedural points that probably don't matter. Incidentally, this same tactic is something notquitethere uses as mafia to justify an attack on someone, but I haven't seen Toaster do that.
It's not dissimilar to town EuchreJack, in a way, but more different.

ehhh, gonna stop it there.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 11, 2023, 12:51:16 pm »

Toony

We argued about exactly this issue two years ago in Supernatural 10, where we were both town!

Toony
Wow scummy. Holding information hostage to stay alive.
Not at all.
1. It's information in the vote record anyone can see.
2. No one else believes in this stuff but me, so who am I holding it hostage from?
3. The information is more useful to me if scum don't know to tailor their actions to what they think I'm looking for. 4mask can confirm this last point, as he's done exactly that before. I want to be able to perform the same analysis on D2, so I'm not sharing what exactly I'm looking for/what I'm including or discluding until another day has passed.

How's that for consistent meta!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 11, 2023, 12:54:00 pm »

But there is no vote record...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 11, 2023, 12:54:49 pm »

Also

Vote Jim

You're voting me for something I did a game ago.

Play this game instead.

JIMNOSIS

I think it's helpful to me. If someone with less than 3 votes on them could vote me, I could give my info to town.

Isn't Egan_BW voting you?

READS LIST

Kind of an oddly ordered reads list from my perspective. I'd put Egan_BW and EuchreJack near the top rather than near the bottom like yours.

Jim Groovester - joke claims. Says he has info on purple numbers but isn't sharing. Very casual play, but for all the jokes is active and attentive.

Green numbers.

I'll share what I know but only if somebody else steps up to share what they know about the lucky numbers.

And I don't mean like ToonyMan whose abilities tinker with them, I mean somebody who knows what they represent.

I was also going to add that in the game me and 4mask were masons I figured a NQT scumtell was when he promised good stuff if he survived to D2 or D3, which is what he did. And was scum. I can even link actual proof when I'm at a computer.

Doesn't he do the same thing as town? I could've sworn that 'I only do my analysis on D2' is pretty standard notquitethere play regardless of alignment.

Your scenarios aren't accounting for the one where you're a cult leader.

Bad argument, one A_Curious_Cat used against you BYOR 16.

The default position to argue from regardless of alignment is the one that the majority of the players share, which is town in this case, so arguing that somebody isn't considering the options where they are scum is unfair.

This is a pretty hasty post so apologies if I haven't soaked in everything before poking at things and posting them. There were other things I was going to poke at it but I need to make hot wings and drink alcohol with a friend for the rest of the day so I can't spend too much more time poking at this game.

Jimnosis etc.

Jimnosis.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2023, 12:58:59 pm »

It's not about the votes, it's about the principle of witholding explanation until after everything has played out to not prejudice the results. You don't have to agree that this is good play, but you can't say that there are only scum reasons to do it.

I feel like not everyone, especially notquitethere, understands what EuchreJack is claiming, and I can see that web sees it, but he didn't clearly explain it. I was going to clearly explain it, but then I thought, is web not explaining it out of some kind of gambit? Maybe I should just leave it be.

Reading back now...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 11, 2023, 01:06:53 pm »

Kind of an oddly ordered reads list from my perspective. I'd put Egan_BW and EuchreJack near the top rather than near the bottom like yours.
Are either of them trying to catch the cults?

I'll share what I know but only if somebody else steps up to share what they know about the lucky numbers.

And I don't mean like ToonyMan whose abilities tinker with them, I mean somebody who knows what they represent.
Good job no one in this game thinks it's scmmy to withhold information, huh.

For my part, I don't have any mechanics info to share.

Doesn't he do the same thing as town? I could've sworn that 'I only do my analysis on D2' is pretty standard notquitethere play regardless of alignment.
Correct, as I linked to in my last post.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2023, 01:07:15 pm »

Reading back now...
Hint: Jack said it in green.

More later

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2023, 01:08:06 pm »

Sighs. I'm not someone who always reveals everything day 1, and I'd like not to do so this game. Please don't push this?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 11, 2023, 01:10:22 pm »

It's not about the votes, it's about the principle of witholding explanation until after everything has played out to not prejudice the results. You don't have to agree that this is good play, but you can't say that there are only scum reasons to do it.

Reading back now...

There’s a fair piece of difference between sitting on something for an RL day or so to let something shake out versus waiting until next Game Day to air something, especially if you flaunt that you’re holding something back.

Still PFP
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 11, 2023, 01:19:02 pm »

Sighs. I'm not someone who always reveals everything day 1, and I'd like not to do so this game. Please don't push this?
Tric, I'm not someone who reveals everything D1 either, but I do expect people to give a reason when they vote.

There’s a fair piece of difference between sitting on something for an RL day or so to let something shake out versus waiting until next Game Day to air something, especially if you flaunt that you’re holding something back.
I'm not flaunting anything, I'm giving a clear timeline for accountability. Like I often do. Move on to something else Toaster, this ain't it.

Ohhh. So Euchrejack AND Webadict AND Max have all claimed to be unconvertible town. Seems unlikely they're all telling the truth.

Best case: they're town playing head games with scum.

Worst case: maybe the default cult conversion can kill rival cult members and this is a scum strategy to head that off.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 88