Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 292198 times)

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1230 on: July 15, 2012, 07:50:11 am »

Also, get some ranged weapons like bow & arrows, or javelins. Apparently animals don't have fatigue levels as of yet.
Are you serious? You mean the only time I actually killed an animal (an elk) in this game by chasing them for almost a day straight pelting them with rocks was actually a result of luck and not a demonstration of how humans are the superior long distance runners?

Yeah, it's really annoying.  I'm not sure about this, but if you wound the animal severely they definitely seem to slow down.  Note I'm not talking about bleeding wounds, which are pretty much guaranteed death for NPC's and animals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 15, 2012, 09:25:27 am »

I had a look at this game the other day. I was wondering, it has the ten-ingame-day timer or whatever, does that apply to all characters or can you play each game for ten days?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 15, 2012, 10:04:49 am »

Each character for ten ingame days for the evaluation version, if memory serves.

And the single version registration is really cheap, and costs as much as maybe a single gallon of gas or something in US, or so I believe.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 15, 2012, 12:06:53 pm »

If you don't have a registered version, your character drops dead ten days in. It's a per character thing.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 15, 2012, 01:46:55 pm »

it's been a long time, but i don't think he drops dead. you can continue to play him if you buy the single version

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 15, 2012, 03:24:10 pm »

You can continue to play him if you buy before he drops dead. But if he dies from lack of registration, it's a real death and you lose it forever.

At least last I checked.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 15, 2012, 04:41:48 pm »

I think in the end it's just better to buy the $3 version if you wanna try it out. It's about as much as a good drink or a nice snack so it's not bad if you like the game, considering all the playability a single version can give.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 15, 2012, 04:56:00 pm »

I've been going with the major versions. This last major version registration has been good for... oh... 3 or 4 years now.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 20, 2012, 05:40:28 am »

Ha ha! My traps finally caught something! Roast elk, here I come!

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 20, 2012, 08:12:15 am »

Ha ha! My traps finally caught something! Roast elk, here I come!

I've caught three elk in my trap-fence so far. I chased one of them into the pits and beat to death with the handle of my dagger. :D
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 21, 2012, 05:31:56 pm »

>:(

Started out with hurt, helpless and afraid in winter as always. I do like me a challenge.

Got set up pretty good by winter, cozy cabin by some rapids, plenty of veggies in the cellar. Only problem was a serious shortage of big game for clothing and food.

So I wander around hunting and I run into a njerpez warrior. He is sound asleep so I snuck up and bash his head in. Yay, loot!

Zoom back out, walk a few squares back towards home. Run into second njerpez warrior, this one also sound asleep in the middle of the forrest. Easy peasy, I think, and sneak up on him. Last step I fail my sneak check and he wakes up, one-hits me and... fade to black.

I hate this game sometimes.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 22, 2012, 04:20:43 am »

I just started after finally purchasing this.

I'm halfway the game course, but I took a deviation as I wanted to see some city and trade those useless junk I'm piling for "tying equipement" whatever it may be.

I got this pile of meat from a wolf pack I encountered, and roasted it, but it spoiled after two days of looking south for a city. I started in the middle of the map, so I think I will need to prepare better for the journey and not try to make it all at once.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 22, 2012, 05:58:55 am »

I just started after finally purchasing this.

I'm halfway the game course, but I took a deviation as I wanted to see some city and trade those useless junk I'm piling for "tying equipement" whatever it may be.

I got this pile of meat from a wolf pack I encountered, and roasted it, but it spoiled after two days of looking south for a city. I started in the middle of the map, so I think I will need to prepare better for the journey and not try to make it all at once.

Tying equipment is either rope or string. The only difference is that rope can be used to herd animals.

You can also eat spoiled food; it'll make you throw up occasionally and massively reduce your nutrition (which can kill you) if you consume it for several days with no fresh food, but it'll definitely keep you alive long enough to find some fresh meat, fish or even berries off the ground.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 22, 2012, 06:10:04 am »

I lived, malnourished, off squirrels.

I've found a small village, with a fisherman hut. I traded a javelin and a wolf fur for two/three days worth of fish.

It's mid june, so I still have some time to get safe for winter... or not.

I need to find a larger game, but also some place to smoke stuff for the winter.

So I can have a bow right now, and I didn't know it? great. time to get some arrow in that badger off the river

--edit: nwm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:28:25 am by LoSboccacc »

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 22, 2012, 10:26:49 am »

you can smoke stuff in the saunas in villages, can be a handy thing to tide you over till you build a house.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 101