Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419757 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Exiled to the Surface!
« Reply #2295 on: April 01, 2011, 03:02:13 am »

uhhh, may i get back into this Hell Hole Fortress of Madness and insanity and chaos and lunacy and hell and......and.....and death?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2296 on: April 02, 2011, 02:13:13 pm »

Who is the wounded Khamerite? Maybe it's some poor, young unfortunate that even Mogror took pity on? Is it a random migrant or does it have some history in the fort?

His name is Moses Racedroad.  I will put him to good use.

uhhh, may i get back into this Hell Hole Fortress of Madness and insanity and chaos and lunacy and hell and......and.....and death?

Yeah what do you want me to name him?
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2297 on: April 02, 2011, 02:33:12 pm »

Spring 286

Time is the fire in which mortals burn.  For Urist and the other dwarves, time pressed onwards mercilessly. 

The Empress and her lover continue to breed spoiled social parasites who will grow up to live on the backs off others.  The Slemites were the ones Urist pretended actually ruled the fortress, through the Grand Duchess, the Duke, and the mayoral office, and they served to hide Urist's control and soften her image.  The Kurkish clan, as allies of the Empress, would be the backs that held these two aristocratic families up.  In return for this, the Kurkish clan would live a little bit better than the Khamerite clansmen who lived under the hot sun.  They may not get to live in a palace, but they were at least middle class....and that was pretty comfortable in a wealthy mountain hall like Blockedlance.  The heads of the Kurkish clan even got to live in the Temple.  That was basically a palace, and it gave the Kurkites something to aspire to other than to try and take the throne away from Urist.

However bad the Kurkites had it, they could remind themselves that at least they were not baking under the unforgiving sun, toiling away in brutal manual labor to erect a city made of wood most foul (and splintery).

Speaking of the surface dwellers, here is the finished carpenter's shop....

Ignore the invisible blocks where the fortifications meet the walls.  Thats just a bug in the visualizer.  You can see the inn going up in the background as well.  It has bedding for 36 dwarves at the moment, although the ceiling is not on the top floor yet, and none of the rooms have doors (theyre just nooks with beds). 
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: April 02, 2011, 03:00:00 pm »

Have you started using ASCII graphics?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2299 on: April 02, 2011, 03:50:11 pm »

I have a 40d with ascii, and a 40d18 with graphics.  Ive been doing a lot of editing and stuff for the story and adventure mode stuff lately, and that uses tweak and dwarf companion, and they only work for 40d.  So the screenshots are coming from the 40d with ascii more.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:53:27 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2300 on: April 02, 2011, 04:04:27 pm »

Spring 287

(Obligatory status screen)

20 million dwarfbucks.  Quite a stash I suppose.  We have plenty of food and booze, or at least....everyone but the Khamerites has plenty of food and booze.  The Khamerites are drinking murky water and eating surface plants.  They have made a fine start, however, considering their condition.  As mentioned, they had finished the carpenters shop.  On the top floor lived one Khamerite carpenter....

...and in the attic lived another.

One wonders what Airag and the Khamerite leadership were thinking to build the carpenters shop before the tavern and kitchen....but this is the madness of dwarves.  Because of this decision, they would have to continue eating and drinking filth for quite some time to come.

At least the inn is coming along, so they could hide away from the unholy sun and the infinite sky.

There isnt a roof yet though...

In an effort to regulate the surface dwellers and keep them in line, Urist employed Mogror the Engineer of Death to inspect the quality of construction and make sure everything was up to code.  He also made sure no one was trying to tunnel back down below the surface.

The only thing Mogror found on his inspections though was just a bunch of wretched peasants and a beaten horse.

These Khamerites were pretty miserable, and they didnt have a legendary dining hall to soothe their melancholy depression and berserk rage.  Its quite sad that a horse had to suffer for it.  You Khamerites should be ashamed of yourselves.  Filthy peasants. 

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:10 am »

Sure Mogror has found nothing. We haven't started yet, but till next inspection (if Mogror will bother himself with such boring and miserable tasks) we have to make hidden entrance.

So I suggest such design.
At the main tavern hall we dig stairs underground. To hide it, build 3x3 bridge above it. For those who ask - it's dance floor/boxing and wrestling ring/artist scene and so on. Bridge is linked not to lever, but to presure plate designed exaclty to horse weight. So, it works as follows - horse is pitted over plate and opens stairs. When door is opened, horse leaves and bridge closes.
For security reasons, we must install menacing spikes next to the door. Like this:
Code: [Select]
#####
#^D|D.
#####
^ - plate, D - doors, | - spikes

Doors and spikes are linked to levers. Lever that opens doors should be placed at tavern hall, lever that retracts spikes - at Peregarrett quarters. Also link something innocent to those levers, like hatches that cover holes at the roof. It's important to keep it secret.
For example:
Mogror: - You installed there a lever? what for?
Me: - It opens and closes hatches at the roof. We have to get used with sunlight, but we need to do it step-by-step. The lever regulates how much sun light you can get.
Mogror: - uh, ok then.

If he'll be suspicious and notice it's linked somewhere else - he'll have to follow that wire to the doors.
Mogror: - Open it! Pull that lever!
Me: pulling it, doors opened.
Mogror: Aha! a plate! Let's inspect that does it do...
He proceedes to it, ant then I pull it again. Now he's locked inside. The only way out for him is break the linkage and oped doors manually. But just when he proceedes to deconstruct it, I'm walking to my room and begin pulling my lever maniacally, hitting him with spikes, and slamming the hatch above me - in case Mogror begins his inspection from my lever, it diverts him from real purpose of it.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2302 on: April 03, 2011, 12:52:40 pm »

The Grand Duchess Slemsvamp is having a terrible time.  Many of her grandchildren are dead.  One of her four daughters is locked in a tower breeding slaves for the Empress that the Grand Duchess has to support in order to live, and all the while many Kurkites are showing open anti-Slemitism in the fortress.

The Grand Duchess could only turn a blind eye for so long.  One day, she heard a comment about her heritage.  The Kurkish woodcutter Afrosquirrel made an unfortunate comment that alluded to her being the mother of the Khamerites.

Poor Afrosquirrel did not survive the vicious beating that followed.

Would the Grand Duchess be sent to jail for murder?  Of course not!  She was never even charged!  The body was dragged below, and the Duchess went back to eating crumpets while the message sank in with the other Kurkish clansmen. 

This year, some Khamerite kid was banging at the fortress doors trying to get to items and a workshop so that he could get down on some serious craftworking.  The Empress allowed it, on the grounds that he make her something nice.  She got an artifact earring with a demon on it.  Pretty cool.

Meanwhile, Urist continues to dig her underground tomb complex.  After working through a multi-layer patch of orthoclase....we have struck.....welll....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:00:44 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2303 on: April 03, 2011, 12:55:00 pm »

...Dig Deeper...

At the moment the Khamerites are just there to build a surface city for the cool factor in the visualizer.  Ill think about it.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: April 03, 2011, 01:10:05 pm »

So...much....awesome. Emperor nuthulu has gone insane!

Requesting dorfing, Call the dwarf nuthulu, any occupation that you choose. If you could have it hang out in Eagles old cave that would be nice, if the cave hasn't been converted into some sort of death chamber.
Blargh.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2305 on: April 03, 2011, 01:41:33 pm »

Lets take a tour of the fortress in Visual Fortress.  Heres Blockedlance, the wretched pit of despair after 87 years of settlement, in all her glory!

Spoiler: Fortress (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Palace (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nobles Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Valhalla Cave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hell (click to show/hide)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2306 on: April 03, 2011, 01:42:38 pm »

So...much....awesome. Emperor nuthulu has gone insane!

Requesting dorfing, Call the dwarf nuthulu, any occupation that you choose. If you could have it hang out in Eagles old cave that would be nice, if the cave hasn't been converted into some sort of death chamber.

Sure I can put you in, but Eagles Cave is still occupied.  :)     He'll probably die in a couple decades.  Ill let you have the cave then if your character is still alive and if the story is still going on.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: April 03, 2011, 01:54:14 pm »

...Dig Deeper...
At the moment the Khamerites are just there to build a surface city for the cool factor in the visualizer.  Ill think about it.
Sure, we have to go on with building. We should do just as usuall, so no one suspects we're having something in minds!

Views are really awesome!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: April 03, 2011, 01:59:05 pm »

Eagles alive? Maybe just have the dwarf mine out a little area for itself in the fortress, and wall it off. What you do with it then, is up to you (I've got my money on being thrown into the glowing pit). Also the visuals are very nice, I didn't realise just how big the pyramid was :o.
Blargh.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: April 03, 2011, 04:13:04 pm »

I like the orthoclase comment. Gives us a break from the drama and an insight into every-day fortress life.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 164