Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1194005 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2010, 07:12:33 am »

What we're supposed to mod?

Unstable and buggy stuff? :P

I'm sure I will make Haspen's Little Mod for new version, as soon as I will get a grip of bloated raws and when the version will be more... playable :P

You can already reserve space for me! xD
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2010, 03:19:02 pm »

LOL, You know I have actually found it fairly stable.. a couple problems with crashes here and there.. but they are more a problem with me asking too much of DF than otherwise.

But Yeah Just say when you like what you see and I will get your mod added =)
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2010, 09:52:15 pm »

There are several mods for .31 out already, including a bugfix. None of them have been announced on the modding board, but all are in the dffd here.  http://dffd.wimbli.com/category.php?id=13

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2010, 10:59:02 pm »

embark anywhere still works on this.
just not over waters.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2010, 11:03:40 pm »

Ahh excellent.  I will hunt them down when I am feeling a bit better and re-add them =)

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
  • Celtic warrior Chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2010, 08:26:06 am »

Just downloaded Dwarf fort 2010, and my favorite mod, Reveal, isn't working on it yet. Could be worse.

EDIT:.... This is why I really should read through the wiki pages thoroughly. Ignore me.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:22:24 pm by Mr_Bucket_Hat »

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2010, 12:59:19 pm »

Just downloaded Dwarf fort 2010, and my favorite mod, Reveal, isn't working on it yet. Could be worse.

EDIT:.... This is why I really should read through the wiki pages thoroughly. Ignore me.

Honestly...

I don't think you really want to use reveal..  Revealing 150 levels could likely cause memory problems and a crash...   

I have experienced several crashes already where DF has used more than 2 GB of memory and crashed.

Guess we need a 64Bit dwarf fortress

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2010, 01:20:32 pm »

Honestly...

I don't think you really want to use reveal..  Revealing 150 levels could likely cause memory problems and a crash...  

I have experienced several crashes already where DF has used more than 2 GB of memory and crashed.

That just happened to me actually. Thing froze up after I used Reveal. Its just so damn useful though at times.

By they way, had Toady finally reached the stage where his attention to detail might be considered the teeniest bit insane? Some of the changes are amazing, and its excellent, almost like the Book of Kells turned into a video game. If the monks had microscopes, and robotic hands. Which I would bet they had.
Skin layers, rock density, individual appearances and ages (which I love), health, actual use for soap... and thats only because I read the Wiki. I can't imagine what it will be like when I get my fort up and running. Not to mention sieges. I use those as a main source of income, and now they may even come up through the floor! I would need traps everywhere. New rocks, materials, combat systems, training, and Toady knows what else. Once the various bugs have been cleared up, Toady should get some kind of award for 'ultimate fantasy manager simulation'.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2010, 02:31:58 pm »

The speech parts of It's The Small Things work with DF 2010.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2010, 04:25:50 pm »

Honestly...

That just happened to me actually. Thing froze up after I used Reveal. Its just so damn useful though at times.

By they way, had Toady finally reached the stage where his attention to detail might be considered the teeniest bit insane? Some of the changes are amazing, and its excellent, almost like the Book of Kells turned into a video game. If the monks had microscopes, and robotic hands. Which I would bet they had.
Skin layers, rock density, individual appearances and ages (which I love), health, actual use for soap... and thats only because I read the Wiki. I can't imagine what it will be like when I get my fort up and running. Not to mention sieges. I use those as a main source of income, and now they may even come up through the floor! I would need traps everywhere. New rocks, materials, combat systems, training, and Toady knows what else. Once the various bugs have been cleared up, Toady should get some kind of award for 'ultimate fantasy manager simulation'.

Actually, his behavior only mirrors ours.. The real question should be, "Have we become insane with OUR attention to detail?" Toady really only has been doing what we have asked of him. (Albeit in an inspired and wonderful ways)

And yes.

He should get an award.  There is more detail in a single dwarf than in on average 5 games released for the xbox 360.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2010, 09:15:48 am »

and now they may even come up through the floor! I would need traps everywhere.

You said through the floor?

Do you mean they come up... through... the floor??

OMFG! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Finis sanctificat media.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2010, 01:08:46 pm »

Reveal2 found here, when used with the information found on the wiki, works with the new version.

An incomplete build of Dwarf Therapist can be found in this post.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2010, 02:00:44 pm »

and now they may even come up through the floor! I would need traps everywhere.

You said through the floor?

Do you mean they come up... through... the floor??

OMFG! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

They were talking about it on one of the older podcasts. And there are plenty of underground creatures who evidently dig: I used reveal and found a colony of Antmen with tunnels. I doubt some dwarves came along and made the tunnels and left, so who made them?

And in The release info under alerts, he specifically mentions underground attacks. So, yes; be afraid. Very afraid. Just because your outer walls can't be breached because of the sheer number of rockfall traps and tethered cougars, you might well watch as dreaded monstrosities come through the wall and shove a spear up your mayors.... Beard.
Sieges, as I said, were my income source, being easier than having an army of craftsdwarves and less messy, because it was so easy. Leave one door unlocked, and watch as goblins clamber through traps and all kinds of wonderfully inventive cruelties to try to get into a room filled with wrestling champions. But now, the true enemy of the dwarf arrives, the ones told of in story and cursed in fear. They that lie beneath, those that rise, ones who dug much further and earlier than we. That we truly fear in the darkness.
Codmen.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2010, 02:04:40 pm »

Major mod:
۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ - This mod aims to vastly increase the content of the game by adding lots of unique subraces to well-known entities as well as totally new creatures for the world and the underworld. Also it combines a few great works of other modders which add new plants, trees, ores, items, livestock and gameplay mechanics. The mod is being constantly developed.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 05, 2010, 05:18:59 pm »

Major mod:
۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ - This mod aims to vastly increase the content of the game by adding lots of unique subraces to well-known entities as well as totally new creatures for the world and the underworld. Also it combines a few great works of other modders which add new plants, trees, ores, items, livestock and gameplay mechanics. The mod is being constantly developed.

Added =)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 69