Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3548370 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #11730 on: February 02, 2010, 05:08:05 pm »

you can add reactions to certain vanilla workshops. Kitchen, tannery, kiln, and of course smelter.

Does that mean I can add in specific reactions to make things like "Longland Bread" "Cat Meat Pudding" "Wild Strawberry Pie" "Whip Vine Cake" and "Dwarven Pizza" instead of having generic Dwarven Syrup meals made out of minced dwarven syrup, minced dwarven syrup, minced dwarven syrup and minced dwarven syrup?

For example, the cake could specifically use flour(dwarven, longland or whip vine, doesn't matter) milk(once again, any kind), sugar(I think there is only Dwarven) and Eggs(new creature that produced them, perhaps?) rather than accepting any three ingredients. And the cake would be worth much more than generic food, since it's harder to make.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:16:43 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: February 02, 2010, 05:18:24 pm »

I was also wondering about how a tissue would work as a gas. Not as a vaporized tissue, but as part of a living creature, as far as a golem is alive anyway.

A gas tissue would look exactly like the magma man's magma tissue:

Magma man:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Except with TISSUE_MAT_STATE:GAS instead.

Also, since ThreeToe is on a glacier, that can also mean that the 'unsolid' creatures could be made of ice and its pretty clear by now that there could be caverns inside the glaciers. On that note, someone is definetly going to mod yetis as cave 'animal'men for the next version.

Ice is unsolid?

If it was like a slush, it could work that way, or if it has supercooled water for blood, but yea I was sort of rambling off the top of my head.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: February 02, 2010, 05:18:43 pm »

Ice is unsolid?

Uhhhh... yeah I don't remember Ice not being a solid.

Well I GUESS it could be if it was a powder or dust or was somehow made intangable.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: February 02, 2010, 05:20:17 pm »

Ice is unsolid?

Uhhhh... yeah I don't remember Ice not being a solid.

Well I GUESS it could be if it was a powder or dust or was somehow made intangable.

I was kind of rambling off and not really thinking it through when I wrote that.

Edit: I was thinking about the fact that Threetoe is on a glacier and somehow the 'unsolid' thing got mixed into that thought as I wasn't really thinking that the ice creatures were the 'unsolid' ones.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:25:36 pm by smjjames »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: February 02, 2010, 05:27:53 pm »

Such as a Blizzard for example

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: February 02, 2010, 05:30:14 pm »

Yes, a creature like some sort of... Blizzard... uh... MAN! A Blizzard Man

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: February 02, 2010, 05:50:40 pm »

Could work. I was thinking more along the lines of a Blizzardasaurus

MrFake

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Elficidal Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: February 02, 2010, 06:02:29 pm »

This is moving rapidly from Tolkienesque to Mega Man-esque.  Yes, that's right.  Creatures with drills for hands, or boomerang scissors protruding from their heads.  Up next, Abstract Concept Man.  First things first in any new fort: capturing some Happiness Men and extracting their Liquid Glee.

Goddamnit that was not supposed to turn into a sick innuendo!
Swordbaldness: a trial of patience.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: February 02, 2010, 06:05:39 pm »

you can add reactions to certain vanilla workshops. Kitchen, tannery, kiln, and of course smelter.

Does that mean I can add in specific reactions to make things like "Longland Bread" "Cat Meat Pudding" "Wild Strawberry Pie" "Whip Vine Cake" and "Dwarven Pizza" instead of having generic Dwarven Syrup meals made out of minced dwarven syrup, minced dwarven syrup, minced dwarven syrup and minced dwarven syrup?

For example, the cake could specifically use flour(dwarven, longland or whip vine, doesn't matter) milk(once again, any kind), sugar(I think there is only Dwarven) and Eggs(new creature that produced them, perhaps?) rather than accepting any three ingredients. And the cake would be worth much more than generic food, since it's harder to make.

Technically, i dont think you can. By technically, i mean that you could do that, but it would require a weird reaction-type thing. You can create a plant item (lets call it pizza) that has no natural biome/no seeds/isnt brewable, but can be eaten. Now in the kitchen make a reaction of the 3-4 ingredients that yields this "pizza". That way, you can make them, but they won't occur naturally either. At least it should work.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: February 02, 2010, 06:09:20 pm »

First things first in any new fort: capturing some Happiness Men and extracting their Liquid Glee.

While "It's Raining Men" plays on your media player?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: February 02, 2010, 06:13:56 pm »

This is moving rapidly from Tolkienesque to Mega Man-esque.  Yes, that's right.  Creatures with drills for hands, or boomerang scissors protruding from their heads.  Up next, Abstract Concept Man.  First things first in any new fort: capturing some Happiness Men and extracting their Liquid Glee.

Would ice golem or ice elemental be a better name?

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: February 02, 2010, 06:39:51 pm »

The four classic elements are plenty scientific. We just call them "States of matter" now, instead of elements.

In a sense I guess, yea. Earth=solid, air=gas, water=liquid, fire=plasma.
The whole black body radiation thing really messes up that last term.

But hey, people are all anti-science talk in this thread these days so I won't go into details.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: February 02, 2010, 06:42:03 pm »

The four classic elements are plenty scientific. We just call them "States of matter" now, instead of elements.

In a sense I guess, yea. Earth=solid, air=gas, water=liquid, fire=plasma.
The whole black body radiation thing really messes up that last term.

But hey, people are all anti-science talk in this thread these days so I won't go into details.

Its not so much that people are anti-science talk than wanting to keep on topic.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: February 02, 2010, 06:45:23 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Blizzard_man <- we already have Blizzardmen in The Game. They leave a puddle of water uppon their death.

Mudman which are too already in the game would be fluid as i guess.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: February 02, 2010, 06:54:55 pm »

On that note, someone is definetly going to mod yetis as cave 'animal'men for the next version.

We've already got those.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1065