Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777862 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Love and War! "I've done nothing but teleport bread for 3 days"
« Reply #10350 on: September 15, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »

I once got the Meet The Medic taunt as a random drop.  So much happy.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Love and War! "I've done nothing but teleport bread for 3 days"
« Reply #10351 on: September 15, 2014, 04:56:33 pm »

Hey, all. I just went premium recently, and was wondering if I had anything worth trading or selling. I'm not even really sure what's valuable, but I trust B12 to not screw me over too badly.

What ya want for that gunslinger? If you main spy, I could probably trade one of the unique knives for it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: September 16, 2014, 10:02:59 am »

I once got a duel minigame drop. I got that chinese tattoo misc in a drop recently, though.

But eh, I have like seven ref just chilling in my backpack.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: September 16, 2014, 10:14:51 am »

The only hat that ever dropped for me was the soup pot literally a couple years ago.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: September 16, 2014, 10:40:05 am »

It... seems like a normal backpack?  The bow is pretty cool.

Also, apparently audition reels are a thing now.  Why would anyone ever open crates...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:56:19 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: September 16, 2014, 10:54:13 am »

Gotta get that conga!

Or rancho...
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: September 16, 2014, 11:00:22 am »

Thought we were discussing backpack values :P

I have a bunch of stuff on the market, though with how I proved it, I may not get any monies :3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: September 16, 2014, 11:28:29 am »

Here's my backpack I guess
Pay special attention to my favorite item: The server-clearing named described ft with over 4000 kills.

And the shotty with over a thousand kills I guess. I don't use it anymore on my pyro though, since the reserve shooter is godly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: September 16, 2014, 11:38:28 am »

Here's mine

Its been due for cleaning for a while, but I like to keep copies of items so I can craft new weapons as they come out.  So mainly I just delete a crate whenever I get a random drop.

I don't seek out trades but if you want one of the duplicate weapons or unused stranges I'm willing to trade.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: September 16, 2014, 11:39:28 am »

The Reserve Shooter works so well with the Pyro that it's kindof weird it wasn't designed for them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:41:08 am by Leafsnail »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: September 16, 2014, 11:43:36 am »

I've found that if I bring degreaser I want axetinquisher, and having both the axetinquisher and RS in my loadout is too much weapon switching.  I like to know what "q" will give me thank you very much.

So mainly I just use flare gun, which is better if you aren't facing pyros IMO (crits instead of minicriting, can be effectively used for longer, annoys the shit out of snipers).  Granted I formed this opinion back when the axetinquisher was mandatory on every pyro so with that nerf... nah, I'd still use flare gun.

Edit: You know what I'd like to see?  I think the fire axe should crit against pyros.  I know stock weapons aren't supposed to have listed modifiers but let's be honest, the axetinquisher is already the stock pyro axe and the fire axe is basically just a debuff to newbs at this point.  And it would add some skill to derpy pyro fights sans RS.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:45:52 am by EnigmaticHat »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: September 16, 2014, 12:08:11 pm »

I've found that if I bring degreaser I want axetinquisher, and having both the axetinquisher and RS in my loadout is too much weapon switching.  I like to know what "q" will give me thank you very much.

So mainly I just use flare gun, which is better if you aren't facing pyros IMO (crits instead of minicriting, can be effectively used for longer, annoys the shit out of snipers).  Granted I formed this opinion back when the axetinquisher was mandatory on every pyro so with that nerf... nah, I'd still use flare gun.

Edit: You know what I'd like to see?  I think the fire axe should crit against pyros.  I know stock weapons aren't supposed to have listed modifiers but let's be honest, the axetinquisher is already the stock pyro axe and the fire axe is basically just a debuff to newbs at this point.  And it would add some skill to derpy pyro fights sans RS.
Pyro fights are won by backpedalling while spewing flames. That is because of how the hit detection work, so if you use the flamethrower while running forward, your range will be smaller than if you were standing still, or going backwards.

Also homewrecker for defending and powerjack for attacking.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: September 16, 2014, 12:09:25 pm »

That doesn't constitute a "derpy pryo fight"? :P

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: September 16, 2014, 12:18:49 pm »

Yeah I kindof love the Powerjack now, it gives you a lot of benefit for very little downside.  The Axtinguisher was obviously good when it murdered almost everyone in a single hit, but I don't think a mini-crit is really worth it, and it also doesn't have all the non-melee utility of the Pj.

Also as far as I can tell the damage of a Reserve Shooter mini-crit is quite comparable to the damage of a Flare Gun crit.  Obviously there's a tradeoff between range and utility in fights against other pyros/jumpers.

That would make pyro vs pyro matches sortof stupid.  I think it should maybe get the same bonus as The Third Degree, which is a straight upgrade.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:29:12 pm by Leafsnail »
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 774