Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781009 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Scream Fortress 2: Old Halloween maps are LIVE! AWOOOOO!
« Reply #10575 on: October 25, 2014, 09:58:36 am »

There is fanart and cosplays of Expiration Date's "Fried Chicken Tramp".
What the fuck fandom.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: October 25, 2014, 01:36:14 pm »

She's funny and visually she fits well with the art style.

Besides I imagine if you walked into a convention with that cosplay even though most people wouldn't get it those who did would be pretty entertained.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: October 25, 2014, 04:37:04 pm »

She's funny and visually she fits well with the art style.

Besides I imagine if you walked into a convention with that cosplay even though most people wouldn't get it those who did would be pretty entertained.
Well yeah I mean it's well done and funny and stuff. But it's a character that got maybe all of 3 seconds of screen time, not even a proper name.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: October 25, 2014, 10:32:22 pm »

Also, I'd imagine that it's a good excuse to fill out a halter top and eat fried chicken.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: October 26, 2014, 12:37:57 pm »

Who do you think is going to be the spook boss? Something from the comics? BREAD HALLOWEEN???
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: October 26, 2014, 03:15:33 pm »

Who do you think is going to be the spook boss? Something from the comics? BREAD HALLOWEEN???

Ghost Toast?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: October 27, 2014, 04:20:26 am »

And it happens every year~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: October 27, 2014, 10:12:22 am »

I always seem to distrust my skill whenever I start up the game. I feel so unconfident until I realize that I'm the top scoring player on the server. It's a cycle, it repeats every time.

I'm having just awful problems with finding servers for some reason, but I was able to, despite my chagrin, able to connect to a Skial 24/7 Fastrespawn Goldrush server. Fastrespawn works on KOTH since both sides are, for the most part, symmetrical. On PL maps however, it gives an overwhelming, overpowering advantage to the defending RED side, since the point of defense is to have longer respawn times, since that any player advantage gained from BLU can actually be capitalized on. Cue me going demoman on Blu and SOMEHOW SOMEWAY acquiring my own personal posse pocket medics, and then proceeding to clean house.

Maybe I'm just a bad person for beating up on bad players, but fighting my way through the the JUNGLE of irresponsibly placed level 3 sentries continues to be fun, even on bad maps like Goldrush.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: October 27, 2014, 04:13:54 pm »

Goldrush already has an advantage to the RED side; fast respawn doesn't do much but make it insurmountable except through great coordination.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: October 27, 2014, 05:33:30 pm »

The last point is almost as bad as Dustbowl but it's still a pretty fun map.

e: I guess I like it because each individual map feels quite balanced, but then BLU has to win three in a row to actually properly win so I guess it is really skewed.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:42:58 pm by Leafsnail »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: October 29, 2014, 12:37:23 am »

Fast respawn KOTH is "fair" in the sense each side has an equal chance of winning, but not fair in the sense that whoever captures the point first has a significant advantage (since they're on offense and are required to stand in a place roughly the size of a sticky's blast radius).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: October 29, 2014, 01:16:20 am »

I always seem to distrust my skill whenever I start up the game. I feel so unconfident until I realize that I'm the top scoring player on the server. It's a cycle, it repeats every time.

I'm having just awful problems with finding servers for some reason, but I was able to, despite my chagrin, able to connect to a Skial 24/7 Fastrespawn Goldrush server. Fastrespawn works on KOTH since both sides are, for the most part, symmetrical. On PL maps however, it gives an overwhelming, overpowering advantage to the defending RED side, since the point of defense is to have longer respawn times, since that any player advantage gained from BLU can actually be capitalized on. Cue me going demoman on Blu and SOMEHOW SOMEWAY acquiring my own personal posse pocket medics, and then proceeding to clean house.

Maybe I'm just a bad person for beating up on bad players, but fighting my way through the the JUNGLE of irresponsibly placed level 3 sentries continues to be fun, even on bad maps like Goldrush.
Hmmm. I'd recommend No Heroes CTF servers. Lots of instant respawn, usually on Turbine, usually stacked teams, lots of spawncamping, can be simultaneously godawful and horribly evilly fun, depending on which team you're on. The times the teams are actually even can be really intense as well. Good demomen are common there. Because demosticky-spam==win.

No Heroes is only really good for killing peeps and getting killstreaks though. Can't recall much about the community or regulars except that the regulars tended to be either master pubstompers or loud trashtalkers complaining about stacked teams. If you want actual substance beyond "kill everything that moves on the other team", find another server.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: October 29, 2014, 05:18:16 am »

If you play TF2 for long enough, you automatically become a master pubstomper. I can usually get top score even on STAR_'s servers.
I don't actually like goldrush, it feels far too dustbowly to me. 3 stages each divided into two cramped areas with one point each and not a lot of great flanking routes. The last stage even follows the dustbowl model of "twenty mile long chokepoint".

(Also, I feel like a pimp whenever more than one medic is healing me at a time)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:19:52 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: October 29, 2014, 05:51:24 am »

The reason goldrush is so much like dustbowl is that it has literally the same map layout, just turned into payload :p
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: October 29, 2014, 07:36:35 am »

I like the No Heroes payload servers.  Just having a few people on mics to help organize your team's battleplan really helps make the game a more fun experience.  I actually usually do better on No Heroes servers (particularly as Medic and Engineer) than pubs because it's easier to not die to random enemy roamers when your team is more ordered.
If you play TF2 for long enough, you automatically become a master pubstomper. I can usually get top score even on STAR_'s servers.
I don't actually like goldrush, it feels far too dustbowly to me. 3 stages each divided into two cramped areas with one point each and not a lot of great flanking routes. The last stage even follows the dustbowl model of "twenty mile long chokepoint".
Other than the last one I think there are a reasonable number of different attack angles on all the Goldrush points, which other ones do you have a problem with?
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 774