Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781591 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Casual is fun now! "Merry Smissmas, Everyone! "
« Reply #11565 on: August 01, 2017, 10:14:37 pm »

x10 was funny, and I remember the forum posts that kinda spawned it.

adding (even) more zeroes to everything doesn't sound like it makes the joke any funnier though.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Casual is fun now! "Merry Smissmas, Everyone! "
« Reply #11566 on: August 01, 2017, 10:27:39 pm »

100x and 1000x are memes not games.  Any one person can make themselves completely invincible, kill anyone else who has isn't also using some kind of absurd movement/health strat, or destroy the server.  The scorch shot for example has a vast radius, the Eyelander can perform melee attacks at sniper range, the Kunai gives a bagillion health, anything that fires additional shots will spawn literally over a thousand of them... yeah.  At least in 10x while there is some broken shit (Kunai WTF), since everyone is trying out different shit it can sort of resemble a playable game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator
« Reply #11567 on: October 19, 2017, 11:25:04 am »

The update launches tomorrow, get hype!!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: October 19, 2017, 08:12:32 pm »

Jet Pack! Jet Pack! Get hyped about the Jet Pack!

I'm not hyped about using it, I'm hyped about feeding some more kills to my 23,000 kill Strange Direct Hit :) God I hope the Jet Pack boost counts as 'blast jumping' as far as the minicrit bonus goes.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: October 19, 2017, 08:30:37 pm »

Those are pretty much my thoughts on the jetpack as well. Vertical mobility is nice and all but there's not much cover in the air and few maps are designed with that in mind. Snipers and heavies will definitely have a field day with all of the dumb pyros flying in the middle of nowhere. Though it would be nice if the jetpack thrust the pyro forward as well as upwards. Give the pyro the ability to leap into and out of combat instead of merely going up and down. With the update launching anytime soon (in Valve Timetm), we'll have to wait and see.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: October 19, 2017, 09:30:00 pm »

The patch notes state that the jetpack launches the pyro where ever he is aiming.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: October 20, 2017, 12:50:46 am »

If this hat isn't available I'm not playing it.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: October 20, 2017, 02:59:46 am »

For how much pyros fly now? I'm too lazy to look at patchnotes, but it sounds incredily stupid. Not as i'm playing it anyways, it probably will not fit on my disk now because of all the hats.  :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: October 20, 2017, 06:26:23 am »

I think it's fantastic, it gives pyro a much needed mobility option that isn't just straight up movement speed buffs. Remember it also disables your secondary, so you basically need to have good flamethrower skills; that and it begs to be paired with the new flamethrower too. I'd imagine it'd result in this, also accounting for reworks:

Shotgun, reserve shooter pyros counter jetpack pyros
jetpack pyros counter snoiper more heavily than before, because they don't have to gimp themselves nearly as hard with the detonator to access sniping positions
heavy will probably cope a little better, a relatively linear burst of air acceleration is probably going to be easier to aim at than a jumpy scout or a soldier.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: October 20, 2017, 11:08:24 am »

The cynic in me believes since its for pyro and its good, it will be nerfed.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11575 on: October 20, 2017, 11:36:47 am »

I love how actually Pyro's been secretly nerfed a lot in the change notes. Afterburn got nerfed, Reserve Shooter has turned against Pyro, snipers have another anti-Pyro option, projectile airblast got nerfed (there's much less room to aim, you can only airblast things almost directly away from you), and Pyro's hard counter Heavy has been pretty heavily buffed with that spin-up change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: October 20, 2017, 12:40:37 pm »

There is also the stealth buff to the flare guns, in that they now deal the same amount of damage, but now in less time. And for crybabies who cried about the reserve shooter, all the combo-pyros will just revert back to the puff-n-flare combo.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: October 20, 2017, 05:37:00 pm »

Flyro update is live
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: October 20, 2017, 06:06:19 pm »

Still overburdened as fuck though, so no actual gameplay yet.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: October 20, 2017, 10:23:45 pm »

I love how actually Pyro's been secretly nerfed a lot in the change notes. Afterburn got nerfed, Reserve Shooter has turned against Pyro, snipers have another anti-Pyro option, projectile airblast got nerfed (there's much less room to aim, you can only airblast things almost directly away from you), and Pyro's hard counter Heavy has been pretty heavily buffed with that spin-up change.

Heavy desperately needed that buff too. Projectile airblast hitboxes were ridiculous as they were; sigsegv had a video demonstrating how it is entirely possible to reflect a rocket fired at your back if you airblast at a specific angle.
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774