Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2126552 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #6780 on: August 01, 2012, 09:53:40 pm »

"This is a Horse Bone bed. All craftdwarvesmanship is of the highest quality. This object menances with spikes of horse bone and brown zircon.

Adagogez, The Soaked Hole.

I am speechless.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: August 02, 2012, 01:43:35 am »

Well, I suppose one could imagine where the spikes fit when you lay on the bed. >:3 ... D:

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: August 02, 2012, 04:40:36 pm »

this is a adamantine figurine of dwarves , it menaces with spikes of platinum , steel , steel and adamantine.
the item has rings of adamantine , steel and adamantine.
on the item is a image of dwarves , the dwarves are labouring .another lame image of lamb and goblin , the goblin is striking down the lamb .

DAMN YOU KADOL , YOU WASTED MY LAST ADAMANTINE WAFFERS AND STEEL BARS ! DAMN YOU !!!!

i will kill his pet llama for this and i will make 10 z-level drop for him , not to kill him but cripple him and he won't get any hospital treatment .
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:45:07 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: August 02, 2012, 05:01:58 pm »

this is a adamantine figurine of dwarves , it menaces with spikes of platinum , steel , steel and adamantine.
on the item is a image of dwarves , the dwarves are labouring .another lame image of lamb and goblin , the goblin is striking down the lamb .

DAMN YOU KADOL , YOU WASTED MY LAST ADAMANTINE WAFFERS AND STEEL BARS ! DAMN YOU !!!!

i will kill his pet llama for this and i will make 10 z-level drop for him , not to kill him but cripple him and he won't get any hospital treatment .

10z stands a 50-50 chance of killing him. If you want maiming, try 8 or 9z.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: August 02, 2012, 07:23:49 pm »

I just got an artifact earring where "On the item is an image of five trillion cut gems in slate."  I thought it meant the number 5 trillion at first.  That would be cool, but I actually had to look it up in the raws to make sure trillion was a cut.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #6785 on: August 03, 2012, 02:22:23 am »

I've had a couple incidents similar to brainfreeze thought not at bad. For some reason my dwarves love taking my pig iron to decorate useless artifacts. This on a map with no iron ore and no coal or even tin. Every bit of steel I have is imported or labouriously made from purchased items and goblinite melted over charcoal fires.

I had my own littel facepalm recently when trhough my own negligence the fort vampire got loose for a bit and promptly nommed  the militia commander, a high master speardwarf, while his squad stood around and watched.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

donfuan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: August 03, 2012, 12:39:49 pm »

"This is a Horse Bone bed. All craftdwarvesmanship is of the highest quality. This object menances with spikes of horse bone and brown zircon.

Adagogez, The Soaked Hole.

I am speechless.

This is hilarious! It's sodomy and necrophilism in one, a true prize exhibit of dwarven perversity artistry. :)

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: August 03, 2012, 01:43:43 pm »

I managed to assign iron picks to my spear dwarfs instead of iron pikes -_-
At that point I realized I should probably go to bed.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: August 03, 2012, 03:05:49 pm »

I managed to assign iron picks to my spear dwarfs instead of iron pikes -_-
At that point I realized I should probably go to bed.
Time for a new signature.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: August 03, 2012, 08:07:34 pm »

I cried in joy when a Hoary marmot killed a goblin during a siege
Hoary marmots are amazing I though
then a group of 5 killed my marksdwarf during a fight
:Facepalm:
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: August 04, 2012, 05:42:18 am »

I've had a couple incidents similar to brainfreeze thought not at bad. For some reason my dwarves love taking my pig iron to decorate useless artifacts. This on a map with no iron ore and no coal or even tin. Every bit of steel I have is imported or labouriously made from purchased items and goblinite melted over charcoal fires.

I had my own littel facepalm recently when trhough my own negligence the fort vampire got loose for a bit and promptly nommed  the militia commander, a high master speardwarf, while his squad stood around and watched.

i am on a map without flux and metals , only galena , and i had to close my adamantine mine because of !!invasion!! and now Kadol McWonderfulmetalartist decides to cheer me up by making a metal figurine with a image of a lamb getting slaughtered .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #6791 on: August 04, 2012, 04:37:50 pm »

A dust spewing forgoten beast (second on in close succession btw, #1 caused insta-necrosis of the everything, #2 seems more like minor acid burns, fingers crossed, because my best soldiesr are covered in it), squashed my perfectly nice mayor.

Before he's even put in his grave my citizens elected the resident vampire to replace him.
This creature has been locked along in a a room almost his entire stay, he only has 8 passing aquantances in a fort of 180, and he's a convicted murderer. I don't care how high his social skills are, no none knows him!

What the hell dwarfs, what the hell?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: August 04, 2012, 04:48:06 pm »

This is like the start of a dwarven religion our something. Bible imagery FTW.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: August 04, 2012, 11:44:57 pm »

Losing both of my legendary miners to the same tile of magma.    :-\

Thank Armok for the dwarven caravan preventing diggor mortis.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Noobed2696

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: August 05, 2012, 02:03:07 am »

The lever for the aqueduct got quantumly tangled to an extra flood gate and I swear I didn't do it.  The flood gate for the well control of course.  And the backup pressure plate was already tripped so it didn't close the gate automatically when it got to 7/7.

And then of course the master mason jumped into the well and started swimming upstream.  And drowned.  An his pants washed back down towards the well.  And stopped.  On the flood gate tile.  Of course.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I only lost two dwarves.  I had a door in place and everyone was already in a warren becasue of a titan siege.  But now I lost my legendary dining hall. :(
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 729