Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 302187 times)

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.00pre3 released
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2010, 12:41:30 pm »

sorry bout this necro, but I thought it might be geniunly usefull if it could have a undo thing, read the blueprint, go to the buildings and or designations and just send the delete.
Cool idea. I'll think about adding this.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2010, 12:44:02 pm »

I'll just drop this here...

http://www.irritablegourmet.com/dwarf/index.htm
This is pretty cool. Took me a few to work out exactly how it works. It'd be helpful to have the keystrokes associated with the different designation types shown next to the designations. Also, click-and-drag to do large rectangular areas :)

Akjosch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2010, 07:41:31 am »

FYI: The drop.io service - where a few templates were hosted, at http://drop.io/quickfort - will shut down in less than a month. Better download those works of art from other people before it's too late.

Wouldn't the wiki be a better place for those files anyway? They aren't that big.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2010, 02:42:05 pm »

I've got most of them on Wuala, does that help?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 19, 2010, 03:57:04 am »

Does somebody have ALL of them?  I agree, the wiki would be a much better place for them.
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2010, 05:05:30 pm »

I've downloaded them all from drop.io just now.

I tried to create a place for them on the DF Wiki at df.magmawiki.com and upon uploading, received this error: ".csv" is not a permitted file type. Permitted file types are png, gif, jpg, jpeg, svg.

So unless they can loosen the upload restrictions to allow .csv and .zip (and .xls/x), the Wiki solution won't work. I'm not really finding a contact address on the DF Wiki site and/or don't know where I should be asking about this. Anybody connected into the Wiki admins?

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2010, 04:40:03 pm »

I've downloaded them all from drop.io just now.

I tried to create a place for them on the DF Wiki at df.magmawiki.com and upon uploading, received this error: ".csv" is not a permitted file type. Permitted file types are png, gif, jpg, jpeg, svg.

So unless they can loosen the upload restrictions to allow .csv and .zip (and .xls/x), the Wiki solution won't work. I'm not really finding a contact address on the DF Wiki site and/or don't know where I should be asking about this. Anybody connected into the Wiki admins?
put it in the page itself, preferably inside a folding area.

Axecleaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 25, 2010, 08:09:59 pm »

I do hope that users of QuickFort and related CSV tools get in the habit of compressing the .csv with thumbnails and/or readme.txt inside ZIP/RAR/7z. How can anyone tell what it's supposed to be used for or, more importantly, what the finished hall should look like without a picture or at least a readme? The file names may hint at what it's used for, but hints only go so far. The CSV itself does usually contain a brief description. But I find that description is often less than a sentence long.

Anyway, including a readme gives the author/architect an excuse to give himself credit where credit is due. (For most CSV I downloaded, I have no clue who designed them.) And I, for one, would not object to, say, a request by the author to name one of my dwarves after the author in their honor.

That said, I also hope that more DF fans start using QuickFort and get in the habit of sharing CSV blueprints. It's fun to share and (at least in theory) taking some of the tedium out of building should make DF even more fun for everyone.

May I make a suggestion?
Some time ago I scoured the Net looking for a free file host that does not even mention the possibility of deleting your files. After a lot of searching, I could only find one:

Host-A.net

The site promises not to delete your files unless you tell them to (or if you violate their terms of service). It seems a good place to share small files as I've never had a file deleted there. The only caveats are a few small, unobtrusive ads and the fact that a free membership only allows 50 MB total storage. Getting more requires a small fee. (Although, such fees are cheap and one time - the storage increase is permanent.)

BTW: I see that QuickFort 2.00pre3 was uploaded August 04, 2010. Are there any compatibility issues with using this in 31.18? And if that's the case, will there be a QuickFort 2.00final released soon?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:43:07 pm by bsperan »

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2010, 02:09:03 am »

Let's stick them up on the wiki. Then anyone can add screenshots, notes, directions, comments and so on. Plus, it'll be easy to revamp the ones that don't actually work, like the circle pack. (add #dig to the top, then they'll work)

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2010, 12:10:45 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8adij03kfv50tc9/Blueprints.rar

All the packs I had in one .rar
Is it missing any?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2010, 06:43:57 pm »

Just a little bump with content. Would someone with an account add this to the community blueprints?

Modified Windmill Villas

28 rooms
Code: [Select]
#dig start(11;11)
,,,,,,d,,,,,,d,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,d,,,,,,d,,,,,,,,,
,,,,d,,d,,d,,d,,d,,d,,,,,,,
,,,,d,,d,,d,,d,,d,,d,,,,,,,
,,,,d,d,d,d,d,,d,d,d,,d,,d,d,d,,,
,,,,,,d,,,,,,d,d,,,d,,,,,
,,d,d,d,,d,,d,d,d,,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,
,,,,,d,d,,,,d,,d,,,,d,,,,,
d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,,d,,d,d,d,,,
,,,,d,,,,d,d,d,d,d,,d,,,,,,,
,,d,d,d,,d,d,d,d,i,d,d,d,d,,d,d,d,,,
,,,,,,d,,d,d,d,d,d,,,,d,,,,,
,,d,d,d,,d,,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,
,,,,d,,,,d,,d,,,,d,d,,,,,,
d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d,,d,d,d,,d,,d,d,d,,,
,,,,d,,,d,d,,,,,,d,,,,,,,
,,d,d,d,,d,,d,d,d,,d,d,d,d,d,,,,,
,,,,,,d,,d,,d,,d,,d,,d,,,,,
,,,,,,d,,d,,d,,d,,d,,d,,,,,
,,,,,,,,d,,,,,,d,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,d,,,,,,d,,,,,,,

This has a central single up/down stair tile that has room for a 3x3 shaft. I don't usually do 3x3.

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 24, 2010, 10:53:18 am »

mediafire doesnt like me. =/ it keeps refreshing and fails to start the download. what happen?! my mind is full of <magma> i dont even

but yeah, in any event i just switched to a new hard drive and realised just now that i forgot to grab my quickfort file with all the .csv's. little bitter 'bout that. thanks for keeping them alive!

azazel

• Bay Watcher
  • Department of Redundancy Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 24, 2010, 03:26:10 pm »

Quickfort 2.00pre3 works fine in 31.18; but I've not tested everything it has to offer.
マグマキッド

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 24, 2010, 06:17:57 pm »

mediafire doesnt like me. =/ it keeps refreshing and fails to start the download. what happen?! my mind is full of <magma> i dont even
Hmm. its not working for me, either.
Heres the .rar uploaded to Wuala instead: http://www.wuala.com/Aklyon/Public%20Stuff/Blueprints.rar

That fix it, Tryntu?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42