Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1227005 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #2220 on: November 19, 2011, 04:05:39 pm »

this awesome. Time to spam the forum with him.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: November 19, 2011, 08:51:41 pm »

if Toady ever gives weapons chances to block

You strike at the Kaiser Reinhard, but the shot is parried!

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: November 19, 2011, 11:43:46 pm »

Yeah, but unlike shields, parry chance can't be modified in the raws, or am I mistaken?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 20, 2011, 01:02:35 am »

I don't know how much weapon skill affects dodge/block, but I do know that dodging while merely holding a weapon raises weapon skill. So it might go both ways.

*shrugs*

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 20, 2011, 01:26:15 am »

Yeah, I just hope Toast gives weapons their own block chance one day so I can make parrying daggers.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 20, 2011, 02:45:11 am »

The day a dagger can parry a war hammer is the day I can throw cows and bite a standing giant on the eye without knocking it down!

Carry on!
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 20, 2011, 09:37:48 am »

D-D-D-double post

Played this one straight Xotano

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
lol epic, with how he left a trail i'd have to say you did both of them, the 10 sheilds and the blocking surface damage xD
and you managed to get a metroid reference in there as well xD
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:39:49 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Wuag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: November 20, 2011, 09:05:29 pm »

Bog Trolls are somehow GREAT at making copper pierce through the even finest adamantine. They were a huge hassle for my fortress, and they pose an even greater threat to my adventurer apparently.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:11:37 pm by Wuag »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: November 21, 2011, 05:18:55 am »

Bog Trolls are somehow GREAT at making copper pierce through the even finest adamantine. They were a huge hassle for my fortress, and they pose an even greater threat to my adventurer apparently.

New definition of overkill + literal Trollface. Score one for you. Accursed troll...

;D

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: November 21, 2011, 08:21:05 am »

i never seem to have trouble with trolls usually cleave them in half or decapitate them with my steel longsword in one swing, my guy is kinda a badass, think i'm in iron armor but i have a steel long and use wrestling with my offhand.
grab and chop usually ends in one turn victories on my side.
actually started a head collection and set my guy's job title to elite head collector and broke into triple digits with the collection all sitting on one floor tile in a reclaimed lair.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: November 21, 2011, 10:03:41 am »

Made a bunch of Two panel comics on my Adventures in Item spell crafting.

1# the Ankh of flickering fire.

2# Ankh of Demonic Conjuring
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 21, 2011, 10:22:01 am »

I think there were literally hundreds of rabbits infesting an abandoned fort. The rs were everywhere.

vonFaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 21, 2011, 12:13:09 pm »

Also, my Very Large for a Nord striker

How do I get this race? WHAT MUST I DO
That incident was really what clued me in to the depth this game can offer, though that one time I made a fort of 150 dwarves suspended over a gorge and cut it all loose was pretty fun too.

Wuag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: November 21, 2011, 02:38:48 pm »

i never seem to have trouble with trolls usually cleave them in half or decapitate them with my steel longsword in one swing, my guy is kinda a badass, think i'm in iron armor but i have a steel long and use wrestling with my offhand.
grab and chop usually ends in one turn victories on my side.
actually started a head collection and set my guy's job title to elite head collector and broke into triple digits with the collection all sitting on one floor tile in a reclaimed lair.

I use a mod called Legends of Forlorn Realms. It even says in their description that they are stronger than normal trolls. Their skin is hella-thick as well, because before I found my masterwork adamantine longsword I had a well-crafted steel longsword, and their leather armor (in heavy layers I might add) usually resulted in the attack bouncing off. They're all inside my favorite fort (that I copied and abandoned prematurely for Adventurer shiggles), and all the dumbass Nephal wrestlers in the surrounding forts end up dead before they can even do significant damage to a goblin. Eventually I cleared out the fortress, after a few savescums (and killing sprees in a Martial Trance).

EDITED:
Changed his skin to black. The green skin looked better when I first drew it, but the black skin is works with the same dark-green outline.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:49:59 pm by Wuag »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 21, 2011, 03:05:39 pm »

Someone should do these in comic form.

I kind of want to make one about the dangers of archery. Show an adventurer getting missed by an arrow, the adventurer killing the rest of the horde, the adventurer getting shot through the head with a bolt as he poses on the corpses, and then the archer firing arrows into the adventurer's staked body while wearing the adventurer's backpack.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 365