Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1222998 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #5040 on: February 18, 2016, 06:50:58 pm »

But waiting an hour for a cup of booze? When the inns are really crowded I just take the barrel and leave without paying, because in GREAT COMMUNIST DWARF SOCIETY only stores own things, and taverns aren't stores. (You can get free money from stores by taking the shopkeepers' clothes from their dressers and selling it back to them. :v)
If you talk to a shopowner that isn't from the civ the shop is in (say, a dwarf in a human shop), they will trade away the shop's money like ordinary goods. In this way you can earn thousands while only paying a few coppers!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: February 18, 2016, 06:53:29 pm »

(You can get free money from stores by taking the shopkeepers' clothes from their dressers and selling it back to them. :v)
"Ah, ye found my shirt! I lost it two years ago! What a miracle!"
"...I found it in your dresser."
"Take these money, oh valiant shirt-returner! We must make a feast in your honor!"
"..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5042 on: February 18, 2016, 09:53:06 pm »

can someone draw this? I suck at drawing.
(My Bone carver adventurer (who makes money from carving bones of beasts and hunting beasts)

Created cosmic Horror:
(The Zodon helpers are essentially feathered lizard people, im not sure what the judgement is, possibly cthulhu)

I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #5043 on: February 19, 2016, 01:58:05 am »

(You can get free money from stores by taking the shopkeepers' clothes from their dressers and selling it back to them. :v)
"Take these money, oh valiant shirt-returner! We must make a feast in your honor!"
"..."

I have also noticed that you can almost always pay for drinks by selling the empty mug back to the tavern keeper.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: February 19, 2016, 02:18:16 am »

"..."

I have also noticed that you can almost always pay for drinks by selling the empty mug back to the tavern keeper.

so basically endless refills.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: February 19, 2016, 06:56:11 am »

(My Bone carver adventurer (who makes money from carving bones of beasts and hunting beasts)

Created cosmic Horror:
(The Zodon helpers are essentially feathered lizard people, im not sure what the judgement is, possibly cthulhu)

I hoped my first ever attempt at drawing would be a success...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5046 on: February 19, 2016, 03:53:42 pm »

Created cosmic Horror:

I hoped my first ever attempt at drawing would be a success...

Thats a cool take on it!
It reminds me of Hinduism.

A person on reddit drew it like this:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:55:17 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #5047 on: February 21, 2016, 05:52:18 pm »

Nice!
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: February 21, 2016, 06:28:49 pm »

That is one freaky figurine. Imagine being the worksdwarf making it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

iwantjelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: February 26, 2016, 01:54:47 am »

Today I learned playing a hamster-man can be pretty harsh in Dwarf Fortress.

So I played a demi-god hamster-man. Basically it is a man of very small size, with the head of a hamster. That sounds stupid ; especially when I’m told that my character is “incredibly muscular” due to the superior strength I gave him.

I ask about any trouble around, and locals tell me that a goblin army is on the march towards a hamlet in the north. I must stop them ! I find a pikeman (named “Ape”) foolish enough to join me. Mustn’t be the smartest guy around, with a name like that and so eager to join a hamster-man in a fight against dozens of blood-crazed goblins. Anyways… We arrive and see no goblins, so we go straight to their pit !

There, where I expect rapid and painful death, I encounter only a few goblins peacefully going about their daily tasks. Even a warrior passes me by and doesn’t attack me… Maybe they like hamster-men after all : I’m so fuzzy, you can’t resist such cuteness. But that’s kind of humiliating : I’m incredibly muscular, goddamit ! So I wreak havoc and attack one. With all my strength I smash, smash and smash again onto the poor bastard’s head. But I’ve got such tiny arms ! It takes me forever to finally strike him down. I kill another one in the same fashion, then me and my pal go back to the village.

Goblins everywhere ! That’s where they all were, of course. But nobody fights ! Come on farmers, don’t let those horrendous creatures steal your goods and hit on your best girls without doing anything ! Firming my two little paws on my faithful maul, I charge the closest ennemies, two wicked female goblins, one with a sword, the other with a spear. After several attempts, I manage to hit one on the head, and then.

Ho god. The bitches first slash my hand. With the cutest little squeek, I drop my maul. Then they open up my guts.”You feel sick”, the game appropriately informs me. I fall down and then they stab, stab, and stab my head again. And then again. Like, a dozen times.

Poor, poor little hamster-man.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: February 26, 2016, 04:04:04 am »

The good news is, you're much better at drawing than hamsterman-ing, neat effect there, did you do the shading against a piece of wood?

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: February 26, 2016, 04:58:51 am »

Go for the eyes, iwantjelly! Go for the eyes!

iwantjelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: February 28, 2016, 02:05:44 pm »

@DG : I had the "bite" option during the fights. That's what I should have done, using my unique hamsterman abilities !

@Max : Thanks, the effect is due to the paper, which grain is composed of horizontal lines. Rembrandt paper, if I'm not mistaken...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: February 28, 2016, 03:01:55 pm »

You're really, really good, man. I mean, damn.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: February 28, 2016, 05:12:44 pm »

*claps* fantastic!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 365