Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: SparkGear 2 - Balls of Steel (*deader than a ... something really dead*)  (Read 90156 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear 2 - Balls of Steel (*inquire within*) (NSFW, language)
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2009, 02:24:25 am »

Also, remains don't make miasma outside btw Crash.

Well I know they don't make miasma, but it still goes from saying "Urist's Corpse" to "Urist's Rotten Corpse" and then turning to bones, but Goblins that died after them have rotted to bones and they're still fresh as the day they were killed.

On the one hand, sucks that my dude died.  And you sure solved the lag problem... 

Yeah, it started with your dude and moved to everyone's dude.  I think Brak Obama and Crash Stuntman are the only remaining PCs (though I'm not sure why).  Also, the framerate really didn't pick up that much for some reason.  Maybe another 5 fps or so, about as much as when I slaughtered all pets.  It might just be all the clutter (or the tantruming).

On the other hand, sweet, fell mood.  Don't see those very often. 

I got a macabre mood as well, but for some reason no dwarves would decay to bones, so he ended up going crazy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 02:41:37 am by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 13, 2009, 03:14:06 am »

noooo
Don't tell me the philosopher died?
That was my guy!  :(

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 13, 2009, 03:23:37 am »

The philosopher and the DM died.  Brak Obama and Crash Stuntman are filling any and all noble positions.  Also, Brak Obama's desk was destroyed in the riot.  He probably wants a new one.  I'm presently doing a rundown on all remaining PCs:

-Ingish Rimadfeb, BADASS
-Crash Stuntman, On-Site Foreman
-Minkot Stuntman, Worker
-Brak Obama, Leader You Can Trust

Also, somebody decided to give people profession nicknames that were their profession at one point or another.  It got really weird when they got new professions.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 03:28:28 am by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 13, 2009, 04:27:41 am »

Brak Obama for Dictator!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2009, 09:29:56 am »

Oh, well, Can we name a dwarf Gloaf? That'll bring it up to three and make it look like less of a disaster!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2009, 10:27:18 am »

After my predecessors death, I Demonic Spoon the II have been sent to deal with this fortress once and for all! Upon my arrival I went to look at the local zoo...
Problem area number 1:

Some idiot set up a bunch of cages above the magma pool and set each one as a seperate zoo, one even has a dwarf in it! Much crispy dwarf remains ensued as dwarf rushed lemminglike over the edges of the platform during their parties.

Problem area number 2:

I have no idea what is going on here but who ever is responsible will burn for the idiocy.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:30:31 am by Demonic Spoon »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 13, 2009, 11:15:38 am »

Yeah, the cages over the lava were supposed to be jails, but for some reason the dwarves kept using cages that had creatures in them, so I really couldn't do much.

That second thing is supposed to be the atom smasher (If there were more pumps were there are huge gaping holes).

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2009, 11:18:57 am »

Don't you usually use a drawbridge in a atom smasher?

I didn't really play much, but I gotta go sleep now, so here's the save:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1103
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:07:46 pm by Demonic Spoon »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2009, 06:51:00 pm »

Yeah, i didn't have enough time to build the drawbridge.  I was going to pump the stockpile towards the drawbridge and just keep doing pull the lever/r.

I was mainly trying to build this.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 07:14:31 pm by crash2455 »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 14, 2009, 12:54:26 am »

STOP GOING CRAZY!  STOP BREAKING MY STUFF!  SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSHOLES! DAMN BABIES KEEP DROWNING!  STOP DROWNING ALL THE BABIES AND GET BACK TO WORK!

I shall be sigging this, if you don't mind.

Also, awesome that my character didn't die.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:06:23 am by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2009, 02:23:27 am »

Starting my turn now.

By Armok, this fort is a mess.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2009, 02:38:49 am »

Yeah, sorry about that.  At least you get 2 days to do your thing, and if you can pull out of it, we'll be better off than Boatmurdered (and with way crazier engravings).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:40:29 am by crash2455 »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2009, 05:40:44 am »

Is it worth it if pulling out means waiting for the artifact makers and new immigrants to surivive the spiral?

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2009, 09:56:43 am »

From the journal of Ravus Maniacus, Year 308

27th Granite

I have been sent to SparkGear as its new overseer, and even as I approach the fortress, I have already noticed something horribly, horribly wrong.

SparkGear's famed pyramid is not truly pyramidial.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Something must be done about this. All masons have been ordered to rebuild the pyramid.

28th Granite

I just realised that the fortress only has 33 dwarves, and there is one mason.

Fuck.

Did I mention that about half of them have horrific wounds?

and that there are terrifying demons sealed within the bowels of the fortress?

Truly this place is cursed. I will nevertheless endeavour to make something out of this sorry mess.

1st Slate

I have designated all narrow clothing in the fortress to be dumped in magma. As of currently, they are nothing more than a waste of space.

The mayor, a certain Brak Obama, keeps insisting on conducting a meeting. With whom, I have no idea. Everybody else in the fortress is busy working.

I will not tolerate slackers in this fortress, especially when we teether on the brink of destruction. If he keeps up this behaviour, he is going to have a little accident, perheaps several little accidents...

4th Slate

A planter has created a legendary artifact!

Completely useless, but at least we got a legendary woodcrafter.

Expansion of the living quarters has been halted. The way things are going, we won't need any more bedrooms anytime soon.

5th Slate

What's this?

I hereby conclude the previous rulers of the fortress to be utterly insane.

In other news, Brak Obama just got thrown into prison for destroying the door to his own office. Serves him right, too.

9th Slate

Some migrants have arrived despite the danger - 15 dwarves, including the dungeon master and philosopher. Its not much, but we need all the manpower we can get.

There appear to be several mason's workshops scattered throughout the fortress, seemingly at random. All are set to repeatedly construct rock coffins. I will inquire as to which previous overseer is responsible for this.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:11:54 am by RavingManiac »
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2009, 11:26:12 am »

Rename the dungeon master Demonic Spoon the II please. Also, I believe it was crash since the great need for coffins originated during his turn. Nahkh, gimme another turn please.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29