Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8094 8095 [8096] 8097 8098 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14940547 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [====] Curse of iron pipe?! (happy thread?!?!)
« Reply #121425 on: February 08, 2014, 06:11:24 pm »

I can manage with Therapist. I just give all the dwarves jobs as they mirate in from off screen. Therapist is eaisier, but it's doable without.

The problem with DF is that the start is almost always the same, and it's dull. I never have the patience to work though a megaproject because they take so long as I never feel like faffing about trying to get gears and waterwheels and pumpstacks etc to work.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121426 on: February 08, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »

That's what [SPEED:0] is for~

Or whatever it is nowadays. I've just been using Hack's fastdwarf lately.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121427 on: February 08, 2014, 06:15:11 pm »

I think the new release is genuinely getting close now.  And I'm totally excited.  Except I have to keep in mind that I will also have to wait for Therapist and Hack to catch up, which could also take months.
Soft.  :P

I don't use the third party stuff myself, found no need for it...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121428 on: February 08, 2014, 06:25:12 pm »

Weren't you the one complaining about the demise of your favourite tileset a while back...? ;)
I definitely agree with being hella excited about the new release, though. Oh man, personalities, functional non-dwarf sites, non-lethal combat, worldgen-during-play... So many of these features are things I've been hoping for for years. :o

Hopefully you can pick a deity for your adventurer to follow, too- I'd love to be able to go on some sort of bloody 'crusade', waging war under the guise of serving some crazy RNG-made god or other.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #121429 on: February 08, 2014, 06:28:52 pm »

Wait. Wait wait wait. Worldgen during gameplay?

I don't think I've ever been excited about a coming release of DF before now. This is a strange feeling.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121430 on: February 08, 2014, 06:36:52 pm »

My god, it all sounds so amazing.

See every time the next release gets mentioned i learn something new that makes it sound even more awesome.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121431 on: February 08, 2014, 06:47:39 pm »

DF is like a debt with compound awesome. It only gets better over time.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #121432 on: February 08, 2014, 06:51:05 pm »

I think the new release is genuinely getting close now.  And I'm totally excited.  Except I have to keep in mind that I will also have to wait for Therapist and Hack to catch up, which could also take months.

I can play without them.  Didn't pick them up until I'd already learned the game and been playing for a few months.  But Therapist, at least, greatly improves the game experience, and I'd rather not play without it.

But I might change my mind when the release comes around.  I'd that anxious for it.  With climbing/jumping and the personality + combat rewrites, fortress mode is going to be like a whole new game.  The new combat stuff, especially, sounds like nothing I've ever seen before.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #121433 on: February 08, 2014, 06:51:58 pm »

Seriously. In what other game does a soldier told to kill a snake run up a tree in fear of it, solely through emergent behavior? :P

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121434 on: February 08, 2014, 06:53:03 pm »

In a game where a disarmed (literally) soldier rips out the throat of his enemy with his teeth in desperation.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #121435 on: February 08, 2014, 06:54:33 pm »

Just the fact that the world will continue to build after the initial world gen is gonna be great.

Functioning sites will be another interesting bit. Adventuring will be more interesting again with more to look at than hamlets and humie towns.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121436 on: February 08, 2014, 07:20:38 pm »

You forgot the inevitable (potentially hilarious) bugs that will be trying to eat the new version and the collection of bugfix releases afterwards
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121437 on: February 08, 2014, 07:40:43 pm »

We already have a taste of hilarious bugs.
I guess the high point was when the line of sight and ambush placement code got scrambled and all of the bandits after the first got placed in the air on a line between the player and the hillside where the bandit commander was standing. Lots of subsequent thudding and bruises.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121438 on: February 08, 2014, 07:44:02 pm »

I use Therapist for assigning jobs and figuring out who has what, and Masterwork because it adds a ton of stuff to the game, but that's it.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [(•ω•)] Dr. Pepper, the one true soda. (happy thread?!)
« Reply #121439 on: February 08, 2014, 07:46:02 pm »

I changed the flag in my profile. I'm waiting on MtF hormone replacement, but I may as well be declare myself trans while I wait. It's going to be a long process.
Oh man, I thought I was the only one here! Welcome to the club, girl~
If you ever want to talk about trans stuff, you can PM me any time. I'm sure as hell not experienced, but it's better than nothing, right?

There's also Ogdibus, Flandre, Doctus, PenguinofHonor, and Truean and Ein, though the latter two don't seem to post here anymore :]  And I know I'm forgetting some other folks.
Aw yiss random internet acknowledgement! Now I have a warm fuzzily feeling inside ~u~
Pages: 1 ... 8094 8095 [8096] 8097 8098 ... 13314