Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11014 11015 [11016] 11017 11018 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14943059 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165225 on: November 17, 2015, 01:43:01 am »

Just as a heads up, transparent text doesn't always show up transparent for everybody. Not the best choice for actual spoilers.
+1; Some browsers (like safari), also have problems in the other direction where they actually render it as truly transparent text, i.e. it stays invisible even if I highlight it. Having to click "quote post" every single time I want to see what you said can get very annoying very quickly. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165226 on: November 17, 2015, 01:58:26 am »

Who decided midnight releases where a good idea anyway?
Corporations. Everyone's competing for the same customer pool, and whoever can put out the product first can grab the cash. It also builds hype for a product, and when people are hyped, they buy more "loot" (figurines, shirts, socks, other random crap,) and add-ons like the season pass and the strategy guide. After all, on a release, we can only count on major sales for about a week, so we have to grab them while we can.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #165227 on: November 17, 2015, 02:00:29 am »

The Prince of Darkness.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #165228 on: November 17, 2015, 03:08:03 am »

Me, they fuel my dark rituals of immortality.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165229 on: November 17, 2015, 04:25:20 am »

This song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxYDNz9Gav4 keeps putting me into a wonderful mix of melancholy, nostalgia and happiness.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #165230 on: November 17, 2015, 04:25:51 am »

I just finished a four-hour Minecraft session. For once, I legitimately had nothing pressing and important that I could have been doing in that time. Feels good to veg out like that once in a while.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #165231 on: November 17, 2015, 12:13:25 pm »

Corporations. Everyone's competing for the same customer pool, and whoever can put out the product first can grab the cash. It also builds hype for a product, and when people are hyped, they buy more "loot" (figurines, shirts, socks, other random crap,) and add-ons like the season pass and the strategy guide. After all, on a release, we can only count on major sales for about a week, so we have to grab them while we can.
Yeah, it's kind of a self-perpetuating cycle.

"Only awesome games everybody wants have midnight releases, so we'd better have a midnight release for our game, or no one will think it's sufficiently awesome."
"Sir, our game is Sparkle Pony Farmer 4."
"MIDNIGHT RELEASE. With people dressed up in pony costumes and limited-edition unlockable sparkle codes."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #165232 on: November 17, 2015, 12:19:56 pm »

I paused to make myself some tea and found out that I've been listening to this song for past three hours.

Huh. Is it that good? Hardly. Did something broke in my head? Probably, can't tell, really.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #165233 on: November 17, 2015, 01:51:54 pm »

I had an opportunity to link this today. It's always a good story.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165234 on: November 17, 2015, 02:09:45 pm »

Yeah, it's kind of a self-perpetuating cycle.

"Only awesome games everybody wants have midnight releases, so we'd better have a midnight release for our game, or no one will think it's sufficiently awesome."
"Sir, our game is Sparkle Pony Farmer 4."
"MIDNIGHT RELEASE. With people dressed up in pony costumes and limited-edition unlockable sparkle codes."
Don't forget the season pass for content that hasn't even been announced yet! (Looking at you, Fallout4.) Our the deluxe edition that includes a paltry number of in game items. (Looking at you, Star Wars Battlefront.) Or the game that is two different versions of the game depending on the system it's on. (Looking at you, CoDBlopsIII.) Oh, and the strategy guide, and the t-shirt, and the...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #165235 on: November 17, 2015, 02:53:02 pm »

The fact that, despite lotsa time spent on configuration, I can play Empire Earth online (with Kagus, at least) makes me super happy \o/
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165236 on: November 17, 2015, 03:33:16 pm »

Do strategy guides still exist? The last one I saw was for Skyrim, which kind of makes sense because it was basically a book detailing all the huge complex shit in the game and also lore. But in general modern games explain themselves well enough that you shouldn't need any external materials.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165237 on: November 17, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »

I sold six of them with Fallout, and two of them with Battlefront. Hell, I sold one with Blops3.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165238 on: November 17, 2015, 03:39:42 pm »

Do strategy guides still exist? The last one I saw was for Skyrim, which kind of makes sense because it was basically a book detailing all the huge complex shit in the game and also lore. But in general modern games explain themselves well enough that you shouldn't need any external materials.

Add to the fact that strategy guides quickly go out of date since any game of note would be updated fairly quickly several times after release.

I'd think of strategy guides as just another collectible for those who are into that sort of thing.  Even though I like collecting old cartridges and cd's I never saved strategy guides and don't care for them anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165239 on: November 17, 2015, 03:40:04 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 11014 11015 [11016] 11017 11018 ... 13314